Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Eifert concern?
I would seriously consider a Shrek jersey if he was a good player
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 05:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well shit! Not a lot of positives today.

Bengal fans bleed red
I'm losing my cheer
This newsday sucks balls
Time to drink beer.

Just don't do it with Woodside in Bellevue!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5579802]

Cheers

Now that dude can haul some beer!
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's rumored Nike will start selling a limited edition RED CROSS Jersey for Eifert fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 06:09 PM)snowy Wrote: That bit him in the ass last year with Ross; it could really backfire with players of Eifert's and Dunlap's caliber.

It did not "bite him in the ass" with Ross.  Ross has admitted that he did not learn the playbook.

It amazes me that so many people squeal about "no accountability" from Marvin, and then as soon as he gets on some players they rip him for that.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when Lapham called out Gresh. I hope that dude now realizes how wrong he was.

He was not wrong to call out Gresh.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 05:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Maybe it's nothing, but there always seem to be some type of issue with Eifert.  Mellow

well they did say they weren't gonna use him much before training camp...

So not sure what your are expecting before training camp
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It did not "bite him in the ass" with Ross.  Ross has admitted that he did not learn the playbook.

It amazes me that so many people squeal about "no accountability" from Marvin, and then as soon as he gets on some players they rip him for that.

This is one area where you and I totally agree, so there is that.  Marvin doesn't hold players accountable and get on their arses!  But at the same time he should totally bench any WR who isn't Green in order to get Ross on the field because....reasons.
Reply/Quote
I wish they would have done more to add to the te position this year. With all the draft picks the last two years to have only added a 7th rounder last season is disappointing. It’s not like his injury history is new.

With eifert it always seems to be hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Which is a shame given his talent and the impact he has when healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone really think that Eifert was going to just come back, all healed and strong like he'd never been injured?  C'mon, did you really think that?  I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  Once you've had spinal issues, you're never "the same" again.  - From a guy that had to stop playing adult football, due to a back injury.

Agreed,

If we get half a season out of him we'll be flying, I doubt it's even that ! Which is why I'm all for him getting very limited snaps in the preseason.

It's to bad his body is to frail to play football because he's definitely another of the Bengal could have been stories.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It did not "bite him in the ass" with Ross.  Ross has admitted that he did not learn the playbook.

Agree Fred
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

We need this in a Bengal 85 jersey lol
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 07:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As someone who has defended Eifert in the past, in pains me to say this, but signing him was a waste of $5.5 million.

We could've improved the team with that money. Instead, we're waiting on the inevitable news that he won't suit up this year.

I said that back before FA opened. $5.5 mill wasn't worth the risk.
Should have saved the $5.5 mill to put toward another player like OL or even cut LaFell too for additional $4 mill and could have put that toward a new shiny pass catcher that would be a more reliable and productive 2nd option in the passing game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well they did say they weren't gonna use him much before training camp...

So not sure what your are expecting before training camp.

Marvin was the one 'surprised' by his absence...not me.  Cool
Reply/Quote
When they signed Eifert, I had serious doubts that he'd even make it through camp.  It just doesn't seem that a person would feel good enough to play football after multiple back surgeries without some serious pain medication.  My guess is that Eifert can't even practice at the OTA's without pain and Marvin is pissed because Eifert said he could.  I wouldn't blame him for concealing his injury, just the same as Antonio Bryant did.  There's such a very small window to make money in the NFL for some players.  The Bryant debacle was on MB though as he's the one that approved that horrendous deal and lost his money.  So they'll lose the 3 million dollar signing bonus if Eifert never plays?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 02:02 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: When they signed Eifert, I had serious doubts that he'd even make it through camp.  It just doesn't seem that a person would feel good enough to play football after multiple back surgeries without some serious pain medication.  My guess is that Eifert can't even practice at the OTA's without pain and Marvin is pissed because Eifert said he could.  I wouldn't blame him for concealing his injury, just the same as Antonio Bryant did.  There's such a very small window to make money in the NFL for some players.  The Bryant debacle was on MB though as he's the one that approved that horrendous deal and lost his money.  So they'll lose the 3 million dollar signing bonus if Eifert never plays?

Antonio Bryant was healthy when the Bengals signed him.  He was playing at the end of the previous season and even putting up 100 yard games.  He clearly re-injured himself at some point in the off season.  A player does not go from putting up 100 yard receiving game to not even being able to play without some new injury.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 02:02 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: When they signed Eifert, I had serious doubts that he'd even make it through camp.  It just doesn't seem that a person would feel good enough to play football after multiple back surgeries without some serious pain medication.  My guess is that Eifert can't even practice at the OTA's without pain and Marvin is pissed because Eifert said he could.  I wouldn't blame him for concealing his injury, just the same as Antonio Bryant did.  There's such a very small window to make money in the NFL for some players.  The Bryant debacle was on MB though as he's the one that approved that horrendous deal and lost his money.  So they'll lose the 3 million dollar signing bonus if Eifert never plays?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't hiding an injury in order to get a contract allow for the team that signed you to take you to court in order to get their money back?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Antonio Bryant was healthy when the Bengals signed him.  He was playing at the end of the previous season and even putting up 100 yard games.  He clearly re-injured himself at some point in the off season.  A player does not go from putting up 100 yard receiving game to not even being able to play without some new injury.

Bryant did not play a full season in Tampa Bay in 2009, as he had injuries that led to him getting surgery to repair cartilage in his left knee after the 2009 season. And he never recovered from the surgery.
Quote:Bryant missed all four preseason games because of the knee problem. Bryant said the muscles around the knee weren't strong enough to let him cut at full speed.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5509631
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Antonio Bryant was healthy when the Bengals signed him.  He was playing at the end of the previous season and even putting up 100 yard games.  He clearly re-injured himself at some point in the off season.  A player does not go from putting up 100 yard receiving game to not even being able to play without some new injury.

Bryant only put up 5 games of 50+ yards his final season in Tampa (only getting 100+ yards once) and was held to 3 catches or less 9 times in 13 games.
Reply/Quote