Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Gasoline on the Fire: Trump's Apology Video
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-issues-apology-lewd-remarks-leaked-access-041351095.html

Second apology of the day. You have to see it to believe it.

The final half is a direct attack on Bill Clinton's "sexual assaults" and Hillary's "shaming" of the victims.

I.e., "I did it. Sorry, everyone knows that's not me; anyway, Bill is worse."

Trump's advisers are helpless. He's out of control, flailing under pressure--The final nail in the coffin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-trump-says-illegal-immigration-used-rig-vote-141306402--election.html

Sen. Mike lee is the latest Republican to call for Trump to step down.
At least he apologized. Something I've repeatedly heard liberals say he should do, and if he did would change their opinion of him. Somehow I'm guessing it didn't Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(10-08-2016, 10:25 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: At least he apologized. Something I've repeatedly heard liberals say he should do, and if he did would change their opinion of him. Somehow I'm guessing it didn't  Mellow

If any apology contains the word "but"...it's not a very good apology.

The SECOND apology was better...but still came off as more of a campaign ad. (one that took 10 hours to write?)

Quote:"I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not.

I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong and I apologize.

I have traveled the country talking about change for America, but my travels have also changed me. I've spent time with grieving mothers who've lost their children, laid-off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future. I have gotten to know the great people of our country and I've been humbled by the faith they've placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow, and will never, ever let you down.

Let's be honest, we're living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we're facing today.

We are losing our jobs, we are less safe than we were eight years ago and Washington is totally broken. 

Hillary Clinton and her kind have run our country into the ground. 

I've said some foolish things, but there's a big difference between the words and actions of other people. 

Bill Clinton has actually abused women, and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days. See you at the debate on Sunday."

Actually he HAS tried to say he was perfect (or the best) at lots of things.  

But meanwhile:

Trump said he didn't NEED debate prep...accused Clinton of just "resting".

So what's he doing now?

Trump releases his "apology" on Facebook...has accused Clinton of avoiding press conferences.

So what's he doing now?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-08-2016, 10:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: If any apology contains the word "but"...it's not a very good apology.

The SECOND apology was better...but still came off as more of a campaign ad. (one that took 10 hours to write?)

Meanwhile:

Trump said he didn't NEED debate prep...accused Clinton of just "resting".

So what's he doing now?

Trump releases his "apology" on Facebook...has accused Clinton of avoiding press conferences.

So what's he doing now?

Not arguing that Trump is some sort of genius, or even a decent person. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people. Has there ever been an apology by a politician in the middle of a campaign that didn't include the word "but"? 

Either way Hilldog has locked up the presidency ever since Trump won the nomination, so all this really doesn't matter. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(10-08-2016, 10:25 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: At least he apologized. Something I've repeatedly heard liberals say he should do, and if he did would change their opinion of him. Somehow I'm guessing it didn't  Mellow

I never heard any "liberal" say an apology would change his/her opinion of Trump.

The first apology was only to those who may have been offended.

An apology which was primarily and only an apology might have helped Trump.

But his second apology didn't stop with an apology. It took everything back by calling the
scandal a "distraction." Something from 10 years ago. And then accused Bill Clinton of being worse,
 and Hillary too.

That is not really an apology, as his Christian Right supporters will immediately recognize the pivot
and deflection of someone who is not sincerely contrite, who doesn't really understand what all
the fuss is about,

At least one of his advisers (Kellyann) must have known this was not a proper apology, but no one
can control the guy.
An apology is good, but I find it far less than sincere.

Trump is done.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-08-2016, 12:07 PM)Dill Wrote: I never heard any "liberal" say an apology would change his/her opinion of Trump.
Check out post 33

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Could-the-debates-change-your-mind?page=2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-08-2016, 10:45 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Not arguing that Trump is some sort of genius, or even a decent person. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people. Has there ever been an apology by a politician in the middle of a campaign that didn't include the word "but"? 

Either way Hilldog has locked up the presidency ever since Trump won the nomination, so all this really doesn't matter. 

I thought that's why his supporters liked him? He wasn't a politician?
(10-08-2016, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Check out post 33

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Could-the-debates-change-your-mind?page=2

LOL, first I am not a "liberal."

Second, that ironic post included more than an apology requirement. It also included a change of
platform. That is what would "incline" me to change.
(10-08-2016, 08:48 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL, first I am not a "liberal."

Of course you're not.

As to the rest: The words are there for folks to read. 

(10-09-2016, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're not.

Well with the "Mccarthyism" mindset of our conservative representatives lately, it doesn't take much to get labeled a "liberal". It's a damn shame too, because that type of thinking is what prevents bipartisan efforts.
(10-09-2016, 12:53 AM)treee Wrote: Well with the "Mccarthyism" mindset of our conservative representatives lately, it doesn't take much to get labeled a "liberal". It's a damn shame too, because that type of thinking is what prevents bipartisan efforts.

How ironic

(10-09-2016, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How ironic

What an informative post.
(10-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: An apology is good, but I find it far less than sincere.

Trump is done.

He's been done.  The Clinton campaign is probably a little disappointed that that had this killer October surprise tbat they didn't really need.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-09-2016, 09:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's been done.  The Clinton campaign is probably a little disappointed that that had this killer October surprise tbat they didn't really need.
Odd that it was released on the same day as the new batch of e-mails though, isn't it ?

(10-09-2016, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're not.

And here they are again, in case anyone missed them

. . . while Trump comes out and apologizes for previous comments about women and ethnic groups, cancels his Twitter account,affirms a woman's right to choose, renounces the wall as a bad, racist idea, sets forth a plan to work us towards 80% green energy in the next 20 years, and says we need to work diplomatically with Muslim governments in the middle east (without blathering on about "radical Islam"), then I could see myself leaning towards Trump.

That doesn't say an "apology" would change my opinion of Trump, rather that, with the radical changes in platform, I could lean
towards voting for him.
(10-08-2016, 12:07 PM)Dill Wrote: I never heard any "liberal" say an apology would change his/her opinion of Trump.

The first apology was only to those who may have been offended.

An apology which was primarily and only an apology might have helped Trump.

But his second apology didn't stop with an apology. It took everything back by calling the
scandal a "distraction." Something from 10 years ago. And then accused Bill Clinton of being worse,
 and Hillary too.

That is not really an apology, as his Christian Right supporters will immediately recognize the pivot
and deflection of someone who is not sincerely contrite, who doesn't really understand what all
the fuss is about,

At least one of his advisers (Kellyann) must have known this was not a proper apology, but no one
can control the guy.

(10-09-2016, 11:15 AM)Dill Wrote: And here they are again, in case anyone missed them

. . . while Trump comes out and apologizes for previous comments about women and ethnic groups, cancels his Twitter account,affirms a woman's right to choose, renounces the wall as a bad, racist idea, sets forth a plan to work us towards 80% green energy in the next 20 years, and says we need to work diplomatically with Muslim governments in the middle east (without blathering on about "radical Islam"), then I could see myself leaning towards Trump.

That doesn't say an "apology" would change my opinion of Trump, rather that, with the radical changes in platform, I could lean
towards voting for him.

Thanks for sharing your words, you should have just stuck with the "I'm not liberal" slant. But enough, I was just pointing out the the ironic. But I've found that honesty usually works best around here albeit in scarce supply. 

(10-09-2016, 11:15 AM)Dill Wrote: And here they are again, in case anyone missed them

towards voting for him.

Give it up Dill.  Larry is the Daniel Webster of the boards. you said actual words that he will use despite the context and then cry to someone if you do the same to him in actual context.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-09-2016, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Give it up Dill.  Larry is the Daniel Webster of the boards. you said actual words that he will use despite the context and then cry to someone if you do the same to him in actual context.

That's all fine, Dino, but he seems to be picking out just one of my words--"apologize"--deleting the rest, adding his own, and calling the result "what Dill said." 

I think you are being a bit unfair to Webster here, who was quite good at grasping complete thoughts.