Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More (NEW) Fan Outreach....
This has not been confirmed publicly by the club yet, so, this info may be a bit of a scoop (and a question at the end to further discussion)....

So, I was informed today that there is a STRONG chance that the Bengals are using yet ANOTHER one of my marketing ideas for fan outreach. King of the Jungle was something I came up with in conversation during a uniform reveal sneak preview, but this is much cooler, IMO.

A year or so ago they sent out a fan survey and my ticket rep called me to get my thoughts on ideas and filling the form out and this is what I gave her. Turns out the Bengals may be doing this this year...

I asked that for club or certain levels of season ticket holders that we get to join in to zoom meetings with a coach, or have access to film breakdowns of plays so that we can view the game through a bit of a different lens. I thought it would be neat to see a coach go through a play (or dew) a week to explain what players jobs were on that particular event. What went right and made the play a success, what went wrong, etc.

Turns out the rumor that was passed to me is that the Bengals MAY be doing just that for the club sections in the hour or so leading up to the games. I'm not sure if this will be done in person where we can walk up or sit down and watch someone on a white board or if they will be running this on videos with audio in the section of the club with the multiscreen TV wall, but I'm kind of excited about this. I think we, as fans, watch certain major things that happen on each play and lose sight of all of the happenings leading up to the result of success or failure. This would be cool to learn about each week!

Question to you guys is: General speaking, do you find breakdowns like that to be insightful, fun, or useful in helping shape your opinion of the coaches or players? Like, we can look at a Mixon run and see he gained 2 yards and was stuffed, but does the "Why?" matter to you as far as shaping your opinion of Mixon or the play itself goes?
Reply/Quote
Coaches attention could put to better use in the hours leading up to the game.

Cool that you have their ear though. Maybe you suggest they cut you a deal for all the work you're doing for them...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How about just trying to win a playoff game? That would be a better idea....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:26 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Coaches attention could put to better use in the hours leading up to the game.  

Cool that you have their ear though.  Maybe you suggest they cut you a deal for all the work you're doing for them...

I don't think they would have a coach in there or anything. I was picturing them running videos of breakdowns being done by former players, coaches, Lapham, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:37 AM)Tony Wrote: How about just trying to win a playoff game? That would be a better idea....

I'll be sure to tip you extra next time you deliver my pizza for this insightful contribution which has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Also, I'm considering making a Bengals Cry Babies fan club with a website, free T shirts, and free boxes of tissues for you guys. I'll tag you in a thread when I have that all up and running.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:41 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I'll be sure to tip you extra next time you deliver my pizza for this insightful contribution which has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Also, I'm considering making a Bengals Cry Babies fan club with a website, free T shirts, and free boxes of tissues for you guys. I'll tag you in a thread when I have that all up and running.

You are honestly one of the rudest people I have ever come across on a message board.  Your rants these past few weeks have really been something else. 

Calling people losers and crybabies, telling people they're stupid for caring about wins and losses, telling me you'll buy me a Lamar Jackson jersey, telling this dude he's a pizza deliveryman (what's wrong with that anyway?), and generally acting like you're somehow so much better than everyone else... I think speak for a lot of people when I say "Piss off, dude."

All of this Superfan stuff has clearly gone to your head.  I don't know if you get so defensive because you think you and the family are actually buddies, or if you if it's because you feel you're a part of this marketing, but it's completely uncalled for.

You want to know what the funniest part is?  Most of the fans you insult on here are the exact type of people the Browns and Blackburns are working so hard to bring back, or to bring into the fold. (Fwiw, I was a season ticket holder for 7 years.)  They're trying to win over a lot of people who have sat out going to PBS lately.  And here is their #1 fan, the guy they invite to all of the stuff, who is on the team's biggest message board, is insulting many of the people they're trying so desperately to win over.

Truly, I would love to print out some of your unhinged responses from some of these threads and show them to Elizabeth or Katie.  I have a feeling you wouldn't receive another invitation to this stuff.  You're an absolutely terrible representative of the team.  It such a bad look for the Bengals to have someone like you representing this stuff.

So someone wants wins over a promotion or marketing?  Who cares?  That's no reason to put them down (insinuate they're stupid, or they're poor, or they're not a fan).  Why do you have to take this so personally?  It's nuts.

If anyone is the crybaby here it's you. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You are honestly one of the rudest people I have ever come across on a message board.  Your rants these past few weeks have really been something else. 

Calling people losers and crybabies, telling people they're stupid for caring about wins and losses, telling me you'll buy me a Lamar Jackson jersey, telling this dude he's a pizza deliveryman (what's wrong with that anyway?), and generally acting like you're somehow so much better than everyone else... I think speak for a lot of people when I say "Piss off, dude."

All of this Superfan stuff has clearly gone to your head.  I don't know if you get so defensive because you think you and the family are actually buddies, or if you if it's because you feel you're a part of this marketing, but it's completely uncalled for.

You want to know what the funniest part is?  Most of the fans you insult on here are the exact type of people the Browns and Blackburns are working so hard to bring back, or to bring into the fold. (Fwiw, I was a season ticket holder for 7 years.)  They're trying to win over a lot of people who have sat out going to PBS lately.  And here is their #1 fan, the guy they invite to all of the stuff, who is on the team's biggest message board, is insulting many of the people they're trying so desperately to win over.

Truly, I would love to print out some of your unhinged responses from some of these threads and show them to Elizabeth or Katie.  I have a feeling you wouldn't receive another invitation to this stuff.  You're an absolutely terrible representative of the team.  It such a bad look for the Bengals to have someone like you representing this stuff.

So someone wants wins over a promotion or marketing?  Who cares?  That's no reason to put them down (insinuate they're stupid, or they're poor, or they're not a fan).  Why do you have to take this so personally?  It's nuts.

I could be mistaken, but isn't PDub one of those guys that's always threatening to quit being a fan of the Bengals but keeps staying around?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I could be mistaken, but isn't PDub one of those guys that's always threatening to quit being a fan of the Bengals but keeps staying around?

Wrong guy.

It was Wes Mantooth who ABSOLUTELY renounced being a Bengals fan when they drafted Joe Mixon and promptly disappeared from the boards over it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: This has not been confirmed publicly by the club yet, so, this info may be a bit of a scoop (and a question at the end to further discussion)....

So, I was informed today that there is a STRONG chance that the Bengals are using yet ANOTHER one of my marketing ideas for fan outreach. King of the Jungle was something I came up with in conversation during a uniform reveal sneak preview, but this is much cooler, IMO.

A year or so ago they sent out a fan survey and my ticket rep called me to get my thoughts on ideas and filling the form out and this is what I gave her. Turns out the Bengals may be doing this this year...

I asked that for club or certain levels of season ticket holders that we get to join in to zoom meetings with a coach, or have access to film breakdowns of plays so that we can view the game through a bit of a different  lens. I thought it would be neat to see a coach go through a play (or dew) a week to explain what players jobs were on that particular event. What went right and made the play a success, what went wrong, etc.

Turns out the rumor that was passed to me is that the Bengals MAY be doing just that for the club sections in the hour or so leading up to the games. I'm not sure if this will be done in person where we can walk up or sit down and watch someone on a white board or if they will be running this on videos with audio in the section of the club with the multiscreen TV wall, but I'm kind of excited about this. I think we, as fans, watch certain major things that happen on each play and lose sight of all of the happenings leading up to the result of success or failure. This would be cool to learn about each week!

Question to you guys is: General speaking, do you find breakdowns like that to be insightful, fun, or useful in helping shape your opinion of the coaches or players? Like, we can look at a Mixon run and see he gained 2 yards and was stuffed, but does the "Why?" matter to you as far as shaping your opinion of Mixon or the play itself goes?

I also got a survey reach out from the front offices to connect with fans. They asked me what would I like to see the Bengals do that I don't see on Sundays. I replied win.... they came back with anything else?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:32 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Wrong guy

That's just what you'd say if you were that guy but didn't want people who didn't know you were that guy to find out that you were that guy. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice ... fool ... YOU CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You are honestly one of the rudest people I have ever come across on a message board.  Your rants these past few weeks have really been something else. 

I boil it down to this. Poster A makes thread about X. Poster B comes and says “jUsT WeiN sUmZ GaYmeZ”..

It doesn’t add anything to the topic and we collectively would like them to win more games. It’s a waste of a post. Was PDub rude? Sure, but the post itself is a waste of characters.
Reply/Quote
I hate the term "Superfan." What makes a "Superfan" any more a fan of something than a regular fan. For years Ashley Judd was considered the Wildcats' Superfan, because she was always at every game right there in the lower arena cheering them on. So she could afford to do that, big friggen deal, did it make her any more a fan than some guy in Eastern Kentucky who can't afford the gas to get to Lexington, let alone a lower arena ticket, but bleeds blue and who's whole life and being revolves around Kentucky basketball, because they are out there in masses. Sorry, off topic, but when I hear "Superfan" I just want to punch them.  Tongue (and that's not aimed at anyone here, just the term)
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I boil it down to this. Poster A makes thread about X. Poster B comes and says “jUsT WeiN sUmZ GaYmeZ”..

It doesn’t add anything to the topic and we collectively would like them to win more games. It’s a waste of a post. Was PDub rude? Sure, but the post itself is a waste of characters.

Yeah, I can see why Pdub was annoyed with that post. Not every thread needs an obligatory “just win games” or “fix the OL” in the first 5 replies…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You are honestly one of the rudest people I have ever come across on a message board.  Your rants these past few weeks have really been something else. 

- I find off topic posts whining about something completely unrelated to be far ruder than anything I've written. When someone comes into a thread and goes off about something unrelated... THAT is unhinged.

- I didn't say anyone was stupid for caring about wins and losses. I pointed out how goofy it is to let that govern every thought or comment to the point people come into threads completely unrelated and bring it up... THAT is unhinged.

- This isn't "superfan" stuff. And I in no way, shape, or form am friends with anyone at PBS.

- I in no way, shape, or form represent the Bengals, nor have I ever claimed to.

- I told you I would buy you a Jackson jersey due to your incessant OFF TOPIC whining about wins and losses in threads unrelated to that and because the Ravens are winning (lately). I also offered to do so because YOU THREW A FIT AND PUBLICLY RENOUNCED BEING A BENGALS FAN YEARS AGO WHEN THEY DRAFTED JOE MIXON - WHO IS STILL ON THE TEAM AND WILL BE FOR YEARS. Yet, here you are.

- Remember when you called into a local Cincinnati radio show once and tried to have a debate with a host and got rolled off the airwaves? THAT is what keeps happening here in these discussions. You are unhinged over wins and losses and cannot stay on topic.

- As I said at the top of this post... It is super rude to come into an unrelated thread and start going off topic over wins and losses. I didn't just pick that dude out of a hat and piss on him for no reason. Say cry baby stuff and get talked to like a cry baby. What world do you live in where that doesn't happen to you?

- And there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a pizza delivery driver. They are essential employees. I have friends who do it. I tip drivers super well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I boil it down to this. Poster A makes thread about X. Poster B comes and says “jUsT WeiN sUmZ GaYmeZ”..

^ THIS x1,000,000
Reply/Quote
So, are we getting pizza delivered or not??? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:35 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That's just what you'd say if you were that guy but didn't want people who didn't know you were that guy to find out that you were that guy. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice ... fool ... YOU CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

I added to the post you quoted... and I love The Who reference!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I can see why Pdub was annoyed with that post. Not every thread needs an obligatory “just win games” or “fix the OL” in the first 5 replies…

EXACTLY!!!
Reply/Quote
Crap, now I want a pizza for lunch.....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So, are we getting pizza delivered or not??? Hilarious

Maybe not delivered today, but next time I'm at the grocery I'm buying a Tony's frozen pizza in that dude's honor and eating it. The bad taste in my mouth will be my punishment for snapping at him.
Reply/Quote