Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More news from good old Tennessee
This hits really close to home for me. 90% of my practice is in Blount County courts.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/06/us/tennessee-blount-county-same-sex-resolution/

Commissioner Karen Miller has sponsored a resolution that both slams the Supreme Court and begs for God to spare the county when He eventually, goes the reasoning of the resolution, destroys America over same sex marriage.

"We adopt this Resolution before God that He pass us by in His Coming Wrath and not destroy our County as He did Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities," Miller's proposal reads.

Apparently no one in Blount County government is going the Kim Davis route and actively trying to stop same-sex marriages from taking place. But the resolution makes clear that some in the county feel they're being forced to go along with something that's sinful.

"We adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, may have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids" states the resolution.

The resolution also acts as a call to arms for opponents of same sex marriage:

"We the Blount County Legislature call upon all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature, to join us, and utilize all authority within their power to protect Natural Marriage, from lawless court opinions."

The resolution fires away at that "lawless" federal judiciary, accusing federal judges of using "power not delegated to them," alleging the Supreme Court was stepping on states' rights and insisting that "it is high time that the Court be so reminded" that it's there to judge, not legislate.
Sorry but Blount county has been slotted in the first wave of God's attacks, and this half-assed whiny appeal isn't changing that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The saddest part of this is that these people believe that their god is willing to slaughter innocent people for something they have no control over.
(10-07-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The saddest part of this is that these people believe that their god is willing to slaughter innocent people

Only the ones who voted for Obama
(10-07-2015, 01:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Only the ones who voted for Obama

Romney received 72% of the vote in Blount County, so I think they would be on the "safe" list.
(10-07-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The saddest part of this is that these people believe that their god is willing to slaughter innocent people for something they have no control over.

What they referenced was a city that was out of control with perversion. And ironically gay sex. They were slaughtered and those who stood by and let the perversion continue.

None of those would be innocent people.
(10-07-2015, 04:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What they referenced was a city that was out of control with perversion.   And ironically gay sex.   They were slaughtered and those who stood by and let the perversion continue.  

So you're ok with referencing allegories in our state laws?  Sounds like a waste of government funds...  HMMM
(10-07-2015, 04:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What they referenced was a city that was out of control with perversion.   And ironically gay sex.   They were slaughtered and those who stood by and let the perversion continue.  

What do they say about those without sin cast the first stone?  No one is without sin therefore none of us are innocent. 

I recall Sparta was a city state once and look what Zeus did to them. 

PS. The Pilgrims believed marriage was a civil affair. Remember the Pilgrims?  Those people who helped found this nation on Christian values by escaping religious persecution from other Christians. 

Then these people should be organizing a movement to amend he U.S. Constitution.  That is the only way to "end the perversion".  This resolution does nothing that a simple prayer to god would not accomplish.

It is pathetic that these just squeals about what the Supreme Court did instead of actually trying to do something about it. 

They must think their God is a total rube that is too stupid to know what they really have to do if they want to fight against the same sex marriage issue.
I don't understand all the fuss here. God isn't real anyway.
(10-07-2015, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then these people should be organizing a movement to amend he U.S. Constitution.  That is the only way to "end the perversion".  This resolution does nothing that a simple prayer to god would not accomplish.

It is pathetic that these just squeals about what the Supreme Court did instead of actually trying to do something about it. 

They must think their God is a total rube that is too stupid to know what they really have to do if they want to fight against the same sex marriage issue.

Ever think that the pathetic thing is your repeated efforts to disprove something that you claim doesn't exist.

As for the fredstate.... You guys can pass what they wish,. That's your business.
(10-07-2015, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This hits really close to home for me.  90% of my practice is in Blount County courts.

Commissioner Karen Miller has sponsored a resolution that both slams the Supreme Court and begs for God to spare the county when He eventually, goes the reasoning of the resolution, destroys America over same sex marriage.

"We adopt this Resolution before God that He pass us by in His Coming Wrath and not destroy our County as He did Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities," Miller's proposal reads.

Apparently no one in Blount County government is going the Kim Davis route and actively trying to stop same-sex marriages from taking place. But the resolution makes clear that some in the county feel they're being forced to go along with something that's sinful.

"We adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, may have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids" states the resolution.

"We the Blount County Legislature call upon all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature, to join us, and utilize all authority within their power to protect Natural Marriage, from lawless court opinions."

The resolution fires away at that "lawless" federal judiciary, accusing federal judges of using "power not delegated to them," alleging the Supreme Court was stepping on states' rights and insisting that "it is high time that the Court be so reminded" that it's there to judge, not legislate.

You guys basically know what my religious beliefs are and even I think this guy is a moron and a disgrace to Christianity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-07-2015, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This hits really close to home for me.  90% of my practice is in Blount County courts.

Nice, but wouldn't you agree that this post would be better served here?
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-News-from-the-Fred-State

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-07-2015, 08:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ever think that the pathetic thing is your repeated efforts to disprove something that you claim doesn't exist.  

As for the fredstate....  You guys can pass what they wish,.  That's your business.

If they don't like their (hint: possessive) current circumstances, shouldn't they just move like you've proposed previouusly?
(10-08-2015, 03:33 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If they don't like their (hint: possessive) current circumstances, shouldn't they just move like you've proposed previouusly?

You're expecting him to remember all the dumb trolling posts he's made.

You forgot the part about the woman who looked back to see the destruction turning into a pillar of salt.  I suppose if/when the lord destroys this county for letting gays get married we should be sure not to cover it on the news lest the whole turning into salt thing carry over television waves, too.

I honestly don't know if just SEEING it on TV counts as seeing it, but you know, don't want to turn into salt.
(10-08-2015, 03:33 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If they don't like their (hint: possessive) current circumstances, shouldn't they just move like you've proposed previouusly?

If they want to move then let them. Not sure why any of you think its a bad thing to move to an area where your way of life is reciprocated by the majority.

I don't live in the fredstate so it's not my concern what they pass or don't pass.
(10-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot the part about the woman who looked back to see the destruction turning into a pillar of salt.  I suppose if/when the lord destroys this county for letting gays get married we should be sure not to cover it on the news lest the whole turning into salt thing carry over television waves, too.

I honestly don't know if just SEEING it on TV counts as seeing it, but you know, don't want to turn into salt.

Lol ... Yeah I know the story.

Everyone has to answer for their own sins .
(10-08-2015, 03:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they want to move then let them.  Not sure why any of you think its a bad thing to move to an area where your way of life is reciprocated by the majority.  

I don't live in the fredstate so it's not my concern what they pass or don't pass.

I'm all for them moving somewhere they think is friendlier to their beliefs in iron age allegories that don't translate to the modern world.  I would suggest somewhere like the Mariana Trench.  I do not support someone inserting their religious mumbo-jumbo into government practices and thus forcing down everyone's throats.  I know like many things in your world, this is a foreign concept to you, but there is a little something called separation of CHURCH AND STATE.
(10-08-2015, 06:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm all for them moving somewhere they think is friendlier to their beliefs in iron age allegories that don't translate to the modern world.  I would suggest somewhere like the Mariana Trench.  I do not support someone inserting their religious mumbo-jumbo into government practices and thus forcing down everyone's throats.  I know like many things in your world, this is a foreign concept to you, but there is a little something called separation of CHURCH AND STATE.

Not in the FredState evidently.

Fred has reason to have a beef. He lives there, but he can take measures to change these things, if he chooses. Or just let it be and go about his life.

I'm sure he is capable as is the rest of the FredState of deciding for themselves.