Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More "peaceful protest"
So a black officer has become the target of ire in Wisconsin, so around 50-60 protesters thought protesting outside his private residence at 8 PM was a good idea.  Apparently they began to vandalize the officer's property, which is not in dispute, and then proceeded to assault the officer and his girlfriend.  Then a peaceful protester fired a shotgun into the officer's backdoor, barely missing him.

A state Rep who was present at the protest (quite the quality representation there Wisconsin) disputes almost the entirety of the officer's claims, stating it was the officer who started the physical confrontation.

Bowen (D-Milwaukee) said no protester fired at Mensah during the protest, which involved 50 to 60 people outside Mensah's Wauwatosa home. Bowen and other protesters said they were provoked by Mensah before the physical altercation that took place outside his home.

"It was very clearly communicated, as we were trying to figure out what happened, that it was Joseph Mensah, in that tussle, that turned off the safety on that firearm, and pulled the trigger," Bowen said in an interview with the Journal Sentinel on Monday.

The Wauwatosa Police Department said the investigation is ongoing but wrote in a Monday news release that the facts do not support Bowen’s comments.

So, apparently ~50 people show up at his home, but he's the one who started the physical altercation and then shot a shotgun through his backdoor.  One person's account of the story does not appear believable.

Also, keep telling me that protesting outside someone's private residence is a good idea.  This crap is getting out of hand and it needs to stop.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/wauwatosa/2020/08/10/rep-david-bowen-milwaukee-disputes-officer-joseph-mensahs-story/3340324001/

Open in incognito mode to avoid paywall.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 01:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: .

Also, keep telling me that protesting outside someone's private residence is a good idea.  This crap is getting out of hand and it needs to stop.

If it's private property, they should not be allowed to. I'm assuming they weren't doing this in public property close to the residence?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 01:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So a black officer has become the target of ire in Wisconsin, so around 50-60 protesters thought protesting outside his private residence at 8 PM was a good idea.  Apparently they began to vandalize the officer's property, which is not in dispute, and then proceeded to assault the officer and his girlfriend.  Then a peaceful protester fired a shotgun into the officer's backdoor, barely missing him.

A state Rep who was present at the protest (quite the quality representation there Wisconsin) disputes almost the entirety of the officer's claims, stating it was the officer who started the physical confrontation.

Bowen (D-Milwaukee) said no protester fired at Mensah during the protest, which involved 50 to 60 people outside Mensah's Wauwatosa home. Bowen and other protesters said they were provoked by Mensah before the physical altercation that took place outside his home.

"It was very clearly communicated, as we were trying to figure out what happened, that it was Joseph Mensah, in that tussle, that turned off the safety on that firearm, and pulled the trigger," Bowen said in an interview with the Journal Sentinel on Monday.

The Wauwatosa Police Department said the investigation is ongoing but wrote in a Monday news release that the facts do not support Bowen’s comments.

So, apparently ~50 people show up at his home, but he's the one who started the physical altercation and then shot a shotgun through his backdoor.  One person's account of the story does not appear believable.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/wauwatosa/2020/08/10/rep-david-bowen-milwaukee-disputes-officer-joseph-mensahs-story/3340324001/

Open in incognito mode to avoid paywall.

As we have seen with many of this confrontations the stories do not often match up.  Even official police reports have occasionally been found to false.  I really don't like vilagente mobs in any setting though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:14 AM)Benton Wrote: If it's private property, they should not be allowed to. I'm assuming they weren't doing this in public property close to the residence?

Well, they had to be on the man's property to vandalize it.  They absolutely could have shot through his backdoor from a public area though.

(08-11-2020, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: As we have seen with many of this confrontations the stories do not often match up.  Even official police reports have occasionally been found to false.  I really don't like vilagente mobs in any setting though.

I've told you for years that eyewitness statements often contradict each other.  Glad we all agree that this type of behavior is reprehensible.  I suppose we'll be hearing about this incident on the national news any moment now.
Reply/Quote