Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More unethical behavior surrounding Fani Willis?
I'm beginning to think that the Georgia election case versus DJT is pretty much dead in the water. As if it weren't enough that Fani Willis got caught in an inappropriate relationship with the prosecutor in the Trump case, now she appears to have even bigger problems surrounding the way her office conducts business on the horizon. Now, in a separate and completely unrelated case, one of her witnesses has signed a sworn affidavit claiming that he was told by her office that it's ok to lie in court.

Just what sort of Kangaroo Court system are they running down there in Fulton County, Georgia?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fani-willis-witness-says-her-office-told-him-he-could-lie-in-court/ar-BB1oaZUk?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=2862b6ec5deb4f8fbebfe701d1905d72&ei=46

Quote:Prosecutors from Fulton District Attorney District Fani Willis' office told a state witness that he could lie on the stand, according to a sworn affidavit submitted in the Young Slime Life (YSL) trial.

In a new filing submitted Wednesday, defense attorney Doug Weinstein claimed that during Monday's private meeting, Assistant District Attorney Simone Hylton told witness Kenneth Copeland that she would not prosecute him if he were to lie on the stand. Newsweek reached out to Willis' office via email for comment.

The meeting between Judge Ural Glanville, Fulton County prosecutors, Copeland and Copeland's attorney has become the catalyst of a tense situation in the case. Lawyers representing the six co-defendants standing trial in the YSL case have accused the judge and prosecutors from Willis' office of witness tampering and coercion during the meeting that defense counsels were not made aware of.
And after attorney Brian Steel, who is representing rapper Young Thug in the trial, revealed what happened in the judge's chambers, Glanville held Steel in contempt and sentenced him to 20 days behind bars on Monday.

Young Thug, whose real name is Jeffrey Williams, is standing trial along with five of the 27 co-defendants in the case accusing them of racketeering and gang-related crimes. The six co-defendants being tried have all pleaded not guilty.

As part of the motion to recuse Glanville, Weinstein—who is representing rapper Yak Gotti, whose real name is Deamonte Kendrick—claimed that Copeland told the judge and prosecutors during the meeting that "he would simply lie on the stand" if he was called to testify.

After Hylton "stated that she would not prosecute Copeland if he were to lie on the stand," Copeland allegedly confessed to killing Donovan "Nut" Thomas Jr., 26, outside an Atlanta barber shop in 2015, according to the affidavit.

Prosecutors said Thomas was a member of a rival gang and that his death escalated the violence involving the Atlanta-based YSL gang, which prosecutors claim Williams helped found. The indictment accuses Williams of renting the silver Infiniti that was used to commission Thomas' killing and charges five of YSL associates with committing the crime.

According to Weinstein's affidavit, "Hylton told Copeland that she would prosecute him for perjury if he testified that he killed Thomas."

The affidavit shocked the legal community. Georgia State University law professor Anthony Michael Kreis said the new information "strike[s] me as... bad!" and criminal defense attorney Shannon Locke responded to the filing: "I'm sorry the legal terminology escapes me. Holy s***!"

"This is amazing, so Fulton DA gave immunity to witness who says he committed murder #YSL Defs are on trial for," Atlanta-based lawyer Carlos Mucha wrote on X, formerly Twitter. "DA said he'd be prosecuted for perjury if he confessed to murder on stand. THAT trial will be awesome! His atty could prove his innocence by proving he was a murderer."

Prosecutors began questioning Copeland about Thomas on Thursday morning. The witness admitted that he lied to investigators in 2015 and that he told police different stories "every time" he was asked about Thomas' death
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm beginning to think that the Georgia election case versus DJT is pretty much dead in the water. As if it weren't enough that Fani Willis got caught in an inappropriate relationship with the prosecutor in the Trump case, now she appears to have even bigger problems surrounding the way her office conducts business on the horizon. Now, in a separate and completely unrelated case, one of her witnesses has signed a sworn affidavit claiming that he was told by her office that it's ok to lie in court.

Just what sort of Kangaroo Court system are they running down there in Fulton County, Georgia?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fani-willis-witness-says-her-office-told-him-he-could-lie-in-court/ar-BB1oaZUk?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=2862b6ec5deb4f8fbebfe701d1905d72&ei=46

Unelated to this matter, Wade paused his interview with CNN yesterday when asked when the affair began with Willis? He had to confer with someone prior to answering a question anyone with common sense knew was coming.

They should tattoo the word 'DUNCE" on his forehead.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 11:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Unelated to this matter, Wade paused his interview with CNN yesterday when asked when the affair began with Willis? He had to confer with someone prior to answering a question anyone with common sense knew was coming.

They should tattoo the word 'DUNCE" on his forehead.

Poor girl, he already forgot all about her!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Castles are falling.

Reply/Quote
Did I miss the part where Fani did something wrong in this story?

Or is this just the usual culprits rushing to find anything to defend the conman who tried to rig Americas presidential election?
Reply/Quote
Indeed.

In a rush to get the lawfare train rolling, they did not do their due diligence and make the case bulletproof by vetting everyone first.

Now they are being vetted in daylight and exposed in the media.

Looks bad and lets DJT off the hook.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did I miss the part where Fani did something wrong in this story?

Or is this just the usual culprits rushing to find anything to defend the conman who tried to rig Americas presidential election?

That's not what this is about. See post below:

(06-15-2024, 07:31 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Indeed.

In a rush to get the lawfare train rolling, they did not do their due diligence and make the case bulletproof by vetting everyone first.

Now they are being vetted in daylight and exposed in the media.

Looks bad and lets DJT off the hook.

And i said that from the start, going after Trump is all fine and dandy, but better have those duckies all lined up or he will pick it apart. People seem to think he's stupid (and yes he does say some really stupid stuff) but he knows this game.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did I miss the part where Fani did something wrong in this story?

The latter.

Side show normally, but Trump supporters will believe him if he says the actions of a prosecutor in another case

taint the prosecutor holding him to account for election fraud. 

That's been the problem all along. They believe whatever he says.
Reply/Quote