Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses Released by WFT
Bengals would be wise to give him the same contract they gave Reiff. They definitely have the cap room.

However, knowing Zac Taylor likes his line and Pollack is the miracle workers of all OL coaches I highly doubt it'll happen.

Would be great if it did though.

This could be your offensive line to start the 2021 season:

LT: Williams
LG: Carman
C: Hopkins
RG: Reiff
RT: Moses
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Bengals would be wise to give him the same contract they gave Reiff.  They definitely have the cap room.

However, knowing Zac Taylor likes his line and Pollack is the miracle workers of all OL coaches I highly doubt it'll happen.

Would be great if it did though.  

This could be your offensive line to start the 2021 season:

LT: Williams
LG: Carman
C: Hopkins
RG: Reiff
RT: Moses

You would hope Taylor would be thinking more short-term because he's on the hot seat this season, and as such would want to stack the OL.
But since it's the Bengals, who knows how much Taylor really is on the hot seat.

If the Bengals signed Moses, I'd strongly consider this OL:
LT - Reiff (Where he's played during his career)
LG - Jonah (Where some think he's best suited)
C - Hopkins
RG - Carman (More of a mauler than Jonah)
RT - Moses (His natural position)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You would hope Taylor would be thinking more short-term because he's on the hot seat this season, and as such would want to stack the OL.
But since it's the Bengals, who knows how much Taylor really is on the hot seat.

C - Hopkins

Honestly, any combination of those 5 players and I'd believe this team wants to put a winner on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But since it's the Bengals, who knows how much Taylor really is on the hot seat.

Realistically, with 8, 9 or even 10 new starters, a bunch of new players that barely played last year because of injuries or inexperience, new coaches and a tough schedule in a loaded division, expectation levels should be measured. But that’s not how this board works. ZT starts off slow and the “fire Taylor” will reach deafening levels.

I liked Moses when he came out but his pass protection is pretty suspect from what I just saw on All-22 (admittedly a limited look). Not Bobby Hart bad but not particularly exciting if protecting JB is priority one.
Reply/Quote
I think any arrangement of the OL that does not put Spain or XSF in a starting position is good. Both those guys would be quality backups though.
If they landed Moses, I would be pleasantly surprised and might even do a jig.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 06:23 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Realistically, with 8, 9 or even 10 new starters, a bunch of new players that barely played last year because of injuries or inexperience, new coaches and a tough schedule in a loaded division, expectation levels should be measured.  But that’s not how this board works.  ZT starts off slow and the “fire Taylor” will reach deafening levels.

I liked Moses when he came out but his pass protection is pretty suspect from what I just saw on All-22 (admittedly a limited look).  Not Bobby Hart bad but not particularly exciting if protecting JB is priority one.

That's not how any fan base who has seen 5 straight losing seasons works.
Many fans (like myself) are not willing to accept another season with double-digit losses.
The earlier part of the season is the easier part, so if Taylor only gets 1-2 wins in the first 5+ games, the rest of the season won't go well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
if he was released, does that mean we still have ot pay his current contract?
Reply/Quote
Please Please sign Moses. That’d be bigger to me than the Flint Michigan Megabowl and the F$&@!&g Catalina Wine Mixer combined!??
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 07:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: if he was released, does that mean we still have ot pay his current contract?

Nope.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Moses would be a great addition to the Bengals OL room. His presence would not only upgrade the overall talent pool, but allow the team to put the best 5 on the field. Would also alleviate the pressure of having to throw a rookie out there to start. Would be nice to see the rookie work his way into the lineup, rather than being leaned on from day 1.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’d love it. Wondering how it’d affect the young guys. What do we usually keep? 9-10 OL?
Moses
Reiff
Williams
Smith
Johnson

Hopkins
Price
Hill

Carman
Spain
XSF
Jordan
Adeniji

So we’d have to cut 3-4. I’d guess most on this board would start with price and Jordan but the team might not be so quick to cut Jordan and depending on how Hopkins looks coming off of injury they may even be reluctant to cut price. One or both of Spain/XSF could go but it’d be nice to at least have one as a backup. Could probably afford to cut Johnson if we have the 3 experienced OT’s and Smith ahead of him. Don’t see them giving up on Adeniji this quickly. Lots of ways to go with it I guess depending on how the guys look in camp
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 08:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d love it. Wondering how it’d affect the young guys. What do we usually keep? 9-10 OL?
Moses
Reiff
Williams
Smith
Johnson

Hopkins
Price
Hill

Carman
Spain
XSF
Jordan
Adeniji

So we’d have to cut 3-4. I’d guess most on this board would start with price and Jordan but the team might not be so quick to cut Jordan and depending on how Hopkins looks coming off of injury they may even be reluctant to cut price. One or both of Spain/XSF could go but it’d be nice to at least have one as a backup. Could probably afford to cut Johnson if we have the 3 experienced OT’s and Smith ahead of him. Don’t see them giving up on Adeniji this quickly. Lots of ways to go with it I guess depending on how the guys look in camp

If the team brought in Moses, and assuming all stayed healthy through training camp, at least 3 cuts would have to be made.  My knee-jerk reaction would be to say Johnson and Jordan are automatic, with Adeniji fighting XSF for that 10th and final spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You would hope Taylor would be thinking more short-term because he's on the hot seat this season, and as such would want to stack the OL.

C - Hopkins

Same, that is a protecting OL for Burrow on the left side and a road grader on the right.

Yes please get Morgan Moses.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I've never heard of the guy. I just read yesterday that our projected starting 5 on the line gave up a total of 5 sacks last season. I didn't fact check this so don't @ me...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Would not mind adding another offensive lineman. At the very least it creates an extremely competitive competition for roster spots. Our line will be good enough for Burrow to last all season. I believe in the moves made by the front office

Now if only we addressed linebacker......
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals would sign Moses,he would be our best lineman.This guy is very good.But,,,unfortunately that’s not going to happen.The Bengals think they have everything set up already to have one of the best O lines in the league this year.All you have to do is just listen to Taylor’s take on it.Still can’t believe they traded down,when they had Jenkins and other quality linemen there for the taking.Carman was still there on their trade down pick for a reason.Why were all these other teams passing him up? Oh yea,I almost forgot,The Bengals coaching staff is smarter than everyone else.They saw this guy as being better than all those guys.Mike Brown calling former O line coach Alexander to inquire about Jackson Carman??? Boy,that’s a red flag.Well,anyways,hope everything works out.Of course that’s the same thing I said last year when they drafted Sample in round two.Then again,the Bengals saw something special in Sample that nobody else saw.
Reply/Quote
Bitchfest 2021 continues.
Reply/Quote

C - Hopkins

If Taylor is smart, he should forfeit his salary this season to get Morgan Moses and get a winning season for that BIGGER coaching re-signing contract.
But we all know even HE doesnt have confidence in himself to make such a bold move. Attitude
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:28 PM)jason Wrote: Honestly I've never heard of the guy. I just read yesterday that our projected starting 5 on the line gave up a total of 5 sacks last season. I didn't fact check this so don't @ me...

In fairness to that stat, Carman was playing in college and Jonah and whoever they have penciled in at LG missed several games.

Although by comparison, Moses has allowed 5 sacks every year since '15.  The guy is pretty much Bobby Hart 2.0.  Good run blocker(although he was great in that category last year), mediocre in pass protection.  
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness to that stat, Carman was playing in college and Jonah and whoever they have penciled in at LG missed several games.

Although by comparison, Moses has allowed 5 sacks every year since '15.  The guy is pretty much Bobby Hart 2.0.  Good run blocker(although he was great in that category last year), mediocre in pass protection.  

Yeah... I knew there were some holes in that state, but I've also figured out that a lot of us get excited when literally any O lineman gets released by any team. Personally I feel they did as much as they could to address the line (short of drafting heavyset guys in every round) this past off-season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote