Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal
Get ready Bengals fans now that the Margus Hunt show is a training camp away from being a total crash and burn the Bengals need a new project and this guy is right up the their alley...

1. Very little experience (4 years of football)
  2. Insane highlight reel
  3. Foreign
  4. Off the charts athleticism (6 foot 4. 227 lbs, 80 inch wingspan, 39 inch vertical jump)

And last but not least he has played WR for the the almighty Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns in Germany. I think the only question is do we have to trade up to get him? Ninja

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/01/pro-day-workout-creates-buzz-around-german-wr-prospect/
Reply/Quote
Saw an article about him the other day, interesting prospect.

He flashes against his crummy German competition, not sure how he will do here. Every clip I saw was of him 10 yards away from any defender easily catching and walking into the endzone. I wouldn't draft him haha, I don't think he would cut it in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw an article about him the other day, interesting prospect.

He flashes against his crummy German competition, not sure how he will do here. Every clip I saw was of him 10 yards away from any defender easily catching and walking into the endzone. I wouldn't draft him haha, I don't think he would cut it in the NFL.

I think Marvin is trying not to cream his pants just thinking about drafting him. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote:
  2. Insane highlight reel
  3. Foreign
  4. Off the charts athleticism 

Perfect description of Ziggy Ansah.

Guess you thought the Lions were crazy to draft him also, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Perfect description of Ziggy Ansah.

Guess you thought the Lions were crazy to draft him also, right?

Really? It's just a joke. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:55 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Really? It's just a joke. Mellow

Don't misunderstand. He doesn't care about Moritz or Ansah. Or about the joke for that matter. You insulted a player in Bengals uniform (Hunt) and questioned the Bengals FO. Therefor he's compelled to bring up some rare exception to the norm of whatever you're talking about, and phrase it like you suggested the removal of all puppies and kittens from the planet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:06 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Get ready Bengals fans now that the Margus Hunt show is a training camp away from being a total crash and burn the Bengals need a new project and this guy is right up the their alley...

2. Insane highlight reel
  3. Foreign
  4. Off the charts athleticism (6 foot 4. 227 lbs, 80 inch wingspan, 39 inch vertical jump)

And last but not least he has played WR for the the almighty Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns in Germany. I think the only question is do we have to trade up to get him? Ninja

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/01/pro-day-workout-creates-buzz-around-german-wr-prospect/

dude you didnt even mention his 4.4 40

this is the type of player id like to develop on the back end of our WR group.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:55 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Really? It's just a joke. Mellow

Really?  What was the funny part?  To me it only seems humorous if you think everyone who drafts a foreign project player is really stupid.

Otherwise I don't see how it could be a joke.
Reply/Quote
Don't see an issue with taking him. Sure, he doesn't have the same back story as 99% of the draft, but so what.

Honestly, I wouldn't have had a problem drafting Hunt. My issue with drafting him then was where we drafted Hunt. Second round guys should be starters. Even during thin years, you can find a BPA and plug him in within a year or two. Hunt was an uncharacteristic reach for us in the second.

I wouldn't have any problem drafting the Unicorn, but — just like Hunt — only if it was later in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't have had a problem drafting Hunt. My issue with drafting him then was where we drafted Hunt. Second round guys should be starters. Even during thin years, you can find a BPA and plug him in within a year or two. Hunt was an uncharacteristic reach for us in the second.

Hunt was not a reach in the second round.  That is exactly where he was projected to go.  He wasn't some guy who had never played football in the U.S. before.  He was a 3 year starer at SMU who was selected First Team All Conference as a Senior and the MVP of their bowl game.

He did not live up to his draft status, but neither do a lot of other 2nd round picks.  Nine other players from the second round of the '13 draft have never become starters.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Don't see an issue with taking him. Sure, he doesn't have the same back story as 99% of the draft, but so what.

Honestly, I wouldn't have had a problem drafting Hunt. My issue with drafting him then was where we drafted Hunt. Second round guys should be starters. Even during thin years, you can find a BPA and plug him in within a year or two. Hunt was an uncharacteristic reach for us in the second.

I wouldn't have any problem drafting the Unicorn, but — just like Hunt — only if it was later in the draft.

if they trade back a pick and pickup an extra selection somewhere along the ways that would be good i think or at least in the 6th which is about the time your selecting PS guys anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?  What was the funny part?  To me it only seems humorous if you think everyone who drafts a foreign project player is really stupid.

Otherwise I don't see how it could be a joke.

It's not as funny as the Chad Johnson working out for the team on April Fools post for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row. That's for sure. Mellow

I made fun of the FO for drafting project players with high picks period being foreign is just the one bullet point you took and ran with.  Look at Simpson and Moch both project players. Get the stick out of your ass Fred maybe you can go beat a gopher with it. (Another timeless Fred joke.)
Reply/Quote
april fools? Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's not as funny as the Chad Johnson working out for the team on April Fools post for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row. That's for sure. Mellow

I made fun of the FO for drafting project players with high picks period being foreign is just the one bullet point you took and ran with.  Look at Simpson and Moch both project players. Get the stick out of your ass Fred maybe you can go beat a gopher with it. (Another timeless Fred joke.)

I'm sure you're going to go on and tell us Simpson wasn't a bust now...

The silly part of your argument is that EVERY team in the league drafts project players.  And some of them work out.  That is why i don't understand all of you acting like the Bengals are stupid for doing the exact same thing that every other team in the league does.  It is juts another example of the Bengal fans that are so obsessed with complaining that they can't even look around at what other teams do.  Instead they just claim that if the Bengals did it then it MUST be stupid.  And that just makes them look stupid instead of the Bengals.

And, yes, Jerome Simpson is a perfect example of this.  Simpson has been more productive than 2 of the 5 WRs taken before him, and 4 of the 9 other WRs taken in the second round that year.  Yet the hater crowd still wants to make him the poster boy for the Bengals doing something stupid in the draft.  Was he a great pick?  No.  But he is no different than the picks that every other team in the league misses on, and better than many of them.
Reply/Quote
See?  See?  This is why we can't have nice things.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: See?  See?  This is why we can't have nice things.

but mommy i ate all my veggies!  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hunt was not a reach in the second round.  That is exactly where he was projected to go.  

That's a valid point. I guess I should say, I thought he was a reach. I thought Hunt was more of a fourth round guy — looks good on a middle of the pack football team and has some physical attributes, but doesn't have everything you're looking for in player or from a school that has that kind of turnover with good players. He may have looked good at SMU, but Emmanuel Sanders is the only other guy in the NFL I can think of from there.

And no, being from a school like LSU or USC or OSU doesn't automatically mean they'll play in the NFL, or that small schools don't occasionally produce great players, but the draft is playing the odds. And when the bulk of the players in the league come from 19-20 schools, the odds are better they'll give you a player that's going to be able to play at the NFL level than a school that's got three or four guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The silly part of your argument is that EVERY team in the league drafts project players.  And some of them work out.  That is why i don't understand all of you acting like the Bengals are stupid for doing the exact same thing that every other team in the league does.  It is juts another example of the Bengal fans that are so obsessed with complaining that they can't even look around at what other teams do.  Instead they just claim that if the Bengals did it then it MUST be stupid.  And that just makes them look stupid instead of the Bengals.

And, yes, Jerome Simpson is a perfect example of this.  Simpson has been more productive than 2 of the 5 WRs taken before him, and 4 of the 9 other WRs taken in the second round that year.  Yet the hater crowd still wants to make him the poster boy for the Bengals doing something stupid in the draft.  Was he a great pick?  No.  But he is no different than the picks that every other team in the league misses on, and better than many of them.

It's a joke thread. Not an extension of the Margus Hunt thread. A debate with a wall would be more productive at this point then rambling on towards me.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 03:14 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's a joke thread. Not an extension of the Margus Hunt thread. A debate with a wall would be more productive at this point then rambling on towards me.

Yeah, right.  You were all salty when you told me to take the stick out of my ass, but when I make your argument look stupid it turns into a "joke thread"
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 03:14 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's a joke thread. Not an extension of the Margus Hunt thread. A debate with a wall would be more productive at this point then rambling on towards me.

Why is this a joke thread.. This is a prospect to be excited about if taken at the right spot ie later rounds.

He would be someone i would think be worth the risk of taking a flyer on.

hunt was going in the 2nd round. or at the latest would have been gone before our 3rd round pick

if this was an April fools joke you need better punchline.
Reply/Quote