Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moss
(11-17-2021, 12:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TBF, I don't care what his last name is; I like him because he and Burrow cooked in '19 and the two obviously have a superb chemistry.

That's all; if he doesn't see the field, I won't lose sleep.

I think we over romanticize his role on that team he was the 4th receiving option with 570 yards and 4 TDs. He only had like 100 yards more receiving then the HB. When your the 4th most dangerous weapon on the field you get singled and teams essentially concede if that dude beats you so be it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: If the guys last name wasn’t Moss no one would care. He’s not particularly athletic isn’t big and can’t really block. He is still figuring out how to play special teams and basically is nothing special other than the name.

I remember on the old crappy bengals boardSick. This New Excellent Bengals Board is the bestThumbsUp. Anyway, I remember posting a thread Would Carson Palmer be dejected if his younger brother did not make the team. I received more negative reputation with that thread and just a question than in my history of posting. His brother was horrible and later on, many members hated Carson. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 02:54 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I remember on the old crappy bengals boardSick. This New Excellent Bengals Board is the bestThumbsUp. Anyway, I remember posting a thread Would Carson Palmer be dejected if his younger brother did not make the team. I received more negative reputation with that thread and just a question than in my history of posting. His brother was horrible and later on, many members hated Carson. 

So do you think Joey B wants Moss on the team, kinds like how CP9 did his lil bro a favor keeping him around?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 03:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So do you think Joey B wants Moss on the team, kinds like how CP9 did his lil bro a favor keeping him around?

Sorry if I was implying that. I was making the point and replying and sort of agreeing with Au165 about keeping a player around because of his last name. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 02:54 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I remember on the old crappy bengals boardSick. This New Excellent Bengals Board is the bestThumbsUp. Anyway, I remember posting a thread Would Carson Palmer be dejected if his younger brother did not make the team. I received more negative reputation with that thread and just a question than in my history of posting. His brother was horrible and later on, many members hated Carson. 

Ironically, Carson was more upset that the Bengals let Kitna leave for Detroit.

I’ll never forget the day after the gutwrenching knee injury against Pittsburgh. He hobbled into the stadium that morning, looking rough and uncomfortable (and he was wearing a Syracuse Orange hoodie for some reason). Came in for a final interview for that season.

A reporter asked what the Bengals should do with kitna, and Carson responded that issue was “his number one concern”. I don’t remember exactly what he said after that, but he made it crystal clear he wanted Kitna as his backup.

Obviously, this did not happen. And to this day, whenever Carson is asked why he demanded a trade, this is always a reason he lists.

Now let’s just say the Bengals let Thad walk sometime soon… Fast forward 15+ years, does Joe list this instance as a reason why he demanded a trade from the Bengals Ninja
Reply/Quote
Moss is undersized to play Tight End in the NFL, and that's it. He is either going to have to be technically perfect to be an effective blocker at his size, like Gio, or he is going to get abused. He may be a great pass catcher, but he's playing TE and has to be able to block. For him to make a 53, he would probably be better served to switch to a slot receiver.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: If the guys last name wasn’t Moss no one would care. He’s not particularly athletic isn’t big and can’t really block. He is still figuring out how to play special teams and basically is nothing special other than the name.

The name alone isn't the only reason for fan interest, but your point is heard. I think it's more about his connection with Burrow during the LSU championship run. Fans are hoping Burrow and Moss can continue that in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:12 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The name alone isn't the only reason for fan interest, but your point is heard. I think it's more about his connection with Burrow during the LSU championship run. Fans are hoping Burrow and Moss can continue that in the NFL.

Moss is also from Northern Kentucky (Boone County High School).  So there is a little "home town favorite" also.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Can anyone tell me why he's still on the PS and not the active roster?

Because the TEs on the roster are better...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Moss is also from Northern Kentucky (Boone County High School).  So there is a little "home town favorite" also.

Totally, that also makes sense. Admittedly, I'm interested in seeing if he can recreate the magic with Burrow but I also know my field of work means I have 0.0% credibility for making decisions about NFL rosters. I'm just a fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: Killer Mike in the house!!!!

Yes, Outkast featuring Killer Mike. I appreciate when someone else knows useless popular culture references.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can. The active roster is reserved for the 53 players that the coaches feel can best help this team in one or more of the 3 facets of the game (Offense, Defense, Special Teams). Currently the coaches do not feel that Moss is among those 53. 

He's on the practice squad to develop and perhaps one day be among those 53; either by his progress or attrition.

Any other matter, for which, you have questions? 

I do. Why do some people dress dogs up to look like people?

(11-17-2021, 12:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TBF, I don't care what his last name is; I like him because he and Burrow cooked in '19 and the two obviously have a superb chemistry.

That's all; if he doesn't see the field, I won't lose sleep.

This is why I'd be interested in giving Moss a shot. Seeing at how the LSU connection has really helped Burrow and Chase, I want to see if that chemistry can translate into something special between Burrow and Moss.

That said, I doubt that they haven't tried the Burrow to Moss connection in training camp, practice, and during the bye week, so it's probably not there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 02:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think we over romanticize his role on that team he was the 4th receiving option with 570 yards and 4 TDs. He only had like 100 yards more receiving then the HB. When your the 4th most dangerous weapon on the field you get singled and teams essentially concede if that dude beats you so be it.

You know I'll never argue with you when it comes to the sport, as when you post, we should all shut up and listen, 'cause you're right 99.9% of the time lol.

But I saw a young kid who's a grinder, who played within his strengths (safety valve, the usual TE routes and decent blocking) and has a good connection with our QB, in '19.

His production wasn't super, sure; as you mentioned, he was the 4th option and as we have all come to see this year, 4th options don't get a lot of balls their way. But the big catches in big situations, the toe-tapping, the chemistry with Burrow, it all adds up to a good role player who I can definitely see as TE3 on this team.

Again, won't lose sleep over it, but it would be nice to see him get a chance.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just because Thaddeus is a name that sounds like he should be writing really dull, dry academic papers that never get read.. Now if his papa had named him Spike or something like that we might be having an entirely different conversation.. Hmm
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why do we still have Schreck for so many years?

Special teams?

Kroft was with us for a couple years with us and he lit it up when he played us recently, forgot what team he's with now.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Kroft was with us for a couple years with us and he lit it up when he played us recently, forgot what team he's with now.

2 catches for 20 yards and a blown coverage TD is NOT lighting it up, don't make me laugh.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I do. Why do some people dress dogs up to look like people?

Loneliness
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Can anyone tell me why he's still on the PS and not the active roster?

Uzomah is better probably in every area right now.
Sample is likely a better blocker, also plays ST (36% of season snaps).
Wilcox plays ST (49% of season snaps).

The team uses a lot of 11 personnel, so there really isn't a reason to have more than three TEs on the roster.

If Moss can show next training camp that he's improved enough in blocking and ST to justify bumping off Wilcox, I can see him making the roster.

Now that I think about it, Moss kind of reminds of former Bengal Orson Charles.
Charles was good pass-catching TE in college too like Moss, but he was a bit small for a TE in the NFL.
The Bengals tried to move him to H-B, but he wasn't that effective and fizzled out after bouncing around to DET, KC, and CLE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You do have to wonder what the son of an NFL great could do for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Because there's simply a whole of reasons why a player is not added that none of us are privy to.
Reply/Quote