Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moss
(11-16-2021, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Normally I am all on board with that answer... but then I remembered that through 9 games Drew Sample has a 5/45(9.0)/0 stat line and has been on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps this year.

But but but but he is a really good blocker (or something like that).
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 02:54 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: But but but but he is a really good blocker (or something like that).

He's not been as good as he was last year, at least according to PFF.
He only has a 60.7 pass block and 61.2 run block this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 10:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, Outkast featuring Killer Mike. I appreciate when someone else knows useless popular culture references.

I haven't heard Randy Moss's name in over 20 years now without that line popping into my head. It's usually quickly followed by Straight Cash Homie...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 11:14 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's just because Thaddeus is a name that sounds like he should be writing really dull, dry academic papers that never get read.. Now if his papa had named him Spike or something like that we might be having an entirely different conversation.. Hmm

I think Slippery would be a better.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2 catches for 20 yards and a blown coverage TD is NOT lighting it up, don't make me laugh.
In 8 games this season, Sample best yards per target is 2.25 with ZERO touchdowns with 50% snaps played. Best you don't laugh. 

He finally "awoke" vs Cleveland in a lose game from the beginning. 3/36
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: TBF, I don't care what his last name is; I like him because he and Burrow cooked in '19 and the two obviously have a superb chemistry.

That's all; if he doesn't see the field, I won't lose sleep.

Agreed.  I think the big knock appears to be his inability to play special teams - relatively speaking.

Other than that I think he has a lot of value and potential.    I think for a player towards the bottom of the depth chart the primary deciding factor is special teams.

I know that is really important, and Wilcox is the better STs player.

But I LIKE the way he played, including some good downfield blocks.   I don't honestly know how his inline blocking is.   But I'm all about first downs and the red zone.

I'd like him to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's not good.

We don't really know that, but we can surmise that he isn't a very well-rounded TE.  He isn't the best blocker, but he does take it seriously and actually graded out well there in college, but these guys are a bit different to block.

He showed a little juice in preseason as a receiver and I would love to see the guy get some looks.  He sure isn't going to take targets away from the big 4, but maybe spell CJ?

He hasn't had much success in the NFL largely due to a broken foot that he played through (didn't know it was broken) and is finally 100% healthy.  The reports I hear from practice is that he is tough to cover for any LB.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Normally I am all on board with that answer... but then I remembered that through 9 games Drew Sample has a 5/45(9.0)/0 stat line and has been on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps this year.

Sad stat line for sure but Sample has made some key blocks on Mixon TD's this year. Have to take this into account as it is 
part of a TE's job, maybe the biggest part. I would like to see what Thaddeus could do though, more so then say Schreck.
Reply/Quote
Moss was waived by the power house WFT April of this year. Then waived by the Bengals August of this year and placed on the practice squad. I get it people are interested because of his name and connection to Burrow and the LSU championship team. The coaches have seen a lot more of him than we have. So maybe, just maybe he has not done anything good enough right now to get playing time on an NFL team despite his name and connection to Burrow.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Can anyone confirm whether TE's are eligible for the prestigious "Golden Binns" award?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 10:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: Can anyone confirm whether TE's are eligible for the prestigious "Golden Binns" award?

I don't think they are... Moss had a nice run back in August, but he doesn't live up to past winners such as Mario Alford, Jake Kumerow, that Simonise guy, and Auden Tate (I said it.).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:32 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think they are... Moss had a nice run back in August, but he doesn't live up to past winners such as Mario Alford, Jake Kumerow, that Simonise guy, and Auden Tate (I said it.).

Armon Binns: 24-277-1
Mario Alford: 1-15-0
Jake Kumerow: 21-344-3
Rashaun Simonise: 0-0-0, CFL 10-182-0

Auden Tate: 61-799-2

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mario Alford: 1-15-0

Mellow

Still a scrub... I guess that's a lil harsh, but there's a ton of fanfare for the very definition of just a guy.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad stat line for sure but Sample has made some key blocks on Mixon TD's this year. Have to take this into account as it is 
part of a TE's job, maybe the biggest part. I would like to see what Thaddeus could do though, more so then say Schreck.

If Sample contributes almost nothing to the passing game, I can't help but ask... Wouldn't the Bengals be better off with a 6th offensive lineman on those 45% of the offensive snaps Sample is out there for? Toss him a pass every other game and otherwise let him just roll over people with 300+ pounds. Trade Sample's 2/10 in passing game for a 1/10 and instead get the 8/10 in blocking vs Sample's 4/10.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: Still a scrub... I guess that's a lil harsh, but there's a ton of fanfare for the very definition of just a guy.

One of these things don't belong.

I wonder which one it is...  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 11:32 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think they are... Moss had a nice run back in August, but he doesn't live up to past winners such as Mario Alford, Jake Kumerow, that Simonise guy, and Auden Tate (I said it.).

I kinda feel like it should be called the Dezmon Briscoe award, cuz he's the first one I remember people wringing their hands over. That said, Binns was the guy who was compared to Anquan Boldin.

Others: Ryan Whalen, Cobi Hamilton, Cody Core, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 12:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I kinda feel like it should be called the Dezmon Briscoe award, cuz he's the first one I remember people wringing their hands over. That said, Binns was the guy who was compared to Anquan Boldin.

Others: Ryan Whalen, Cobi Hamilton, Cody Core, etc.

You mean Sanzenbacher.

I was the only guy who was high on Whalen and he definitely should've gotten a chance to be the WR4 or WR5 that he was, as he was atheletic, a good blocker, great on STs but most-importantly, had superb hands and caught everything.

He didn't deserve PT over MLJ or Sanu, but definitely over Hamilton, Sanzenbacher, etc.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One of these things don't belong.

I wonder which one it is...  Mellow

You're comparing the 4x reigning and defending Golden Binns winner to a bunch of one and dones.  Tate is like the Tom Brady of the Golden Binns Award.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 01:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: You're comparing the 4x reigning and defending Golden Binns winner to a bunch of one and dones.  Tate is like the Tom Brady of the Golden Binns Award.  

Now that's how you put respect on his name. 

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 12:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Sample contributes almost nothing to the passing game, I can't help but ask... Wouldn't the Bengals be better off with a 6th offensive lineman on those 45% of the offensive snaps Sample is out there for? Toss him a pass every other game and otherwise let him just roll over people with 300+ pounds. Trade Sample's 2/10 in passing game for a 1/10 and instead get the 8/10 in blocking vs Sample's 4/10.

I can definitely see the logic in your argument, but there are actually a lot of teams that have a guy like sample who plays about a third of the snaps and is used 90% of the time for blocking.
Reply/Quote