Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Democrats Don’t Want Biden in 2024, New Poll Shows
(07-15-2022, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: Polls still show Biden beating Trump in 2024

Why wouldn't you link them in your post?  Regardless, a poll now about '24 is completely useless.
Reply/Quote

I'd rather dig up Dukakis and Romney.  Our political system is more into depressing retreads than the Chicago Bears QB room. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What? Haha the news outlets were buzzing for days and had to have experts come on to diagnose because Trump drank water with two hands and walked slowly down a ramp lol

Yeah that guy sure got a pass for everything

I meant more this board than the media.

The media will work every story for hits/views depending on whether it is "their" guy or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: I meant more this board than the media.

The media will work every story for hits/views depending on whether it is "their" guy or not.

Gotcha. Seems to me there’s equal feces slinging both ways here though. Myself obviously included.
Reply/Quote

I'm hoping and praying our next presidents name isn't Trump, Biden, or Clinton.
Reply/Quote
im not sure they wanted biden to begin with they just for Sure didnt want Trump
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im not sure they wanted biden to begin with they just for Sure didnt want Trump

Much like enough independents didn't want Hillary to earn a Trump victory in 2016.  Until further notice, I see a lot of "don't want the other guy" victories in politics upcoming.  
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why wouldn't you link them in your post?  

I guess there are a few... but I don't feel confident in them. Trump has outperformed polls twice now, and I bet he would do it again. With as close as those three polls are, this shouldn't make any Democrat feel good. The rest of those polls have Trump winning fairly comfortably. 

Quote:Regardless, a poll now about '24 is completely useless.

Agreed. Trump may not even be the candidate when 24 rolls around. Way too much time. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping and praying our next presidents name isn't Trump, Biden, or Clinton.

Me too
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My mom had Alzheimer's the last six years of her life (that we know) and now my father is suffering from dementia at 80 years old.  So I have a really hard time watching Biden clearly suffering from severe cognitive decline.  I can certainly take no pleasure in it as many have, and continue to do.  That being said, it absolutely pisses me off that the Dems foisted a candidate on the country who was not mentally well and was already showing signs of dementia.  This anger was further compounded when I saw the following clip, that a work friend sent to me after seeing in on Tucker Carlson.

Biden may be a horrible person, I don't know.  His son certainly is, but I don't know that about Biden.  But this clip, and I realize it's several months old, really pissed me off.  This old man is clearly a puppet and it's goddamned sad to watch.  It really makes you wonder who is actually POTUS right now, because I don't think there's any chance it's Biden. 
Hate to hear that about your parents.

It's a weird employment field for sure.  Politics at the national level tend to provide such extreme gravy jobs that the people that can swing them will  remain until they die, often to the detriment of their party and their constituency.  Most people go into careers with an eye on retirement and securing a viable nest egg.  Even people in great jobs want to live on their own terms at some point.  Politcians in may cases aren't like that.  Fame and power are tough to let go of if they are how you've defined yourself for several decades.  

I'll always believe Biden's time to stop Trump was 2016 and he declined the opportunity.  I'm not sure he was that crazy about it in 2020, but the party had to know he had the best shot out of anyone.  I think a non-Hillary candidate of significant stature would have beaten Trump handily in 2016.  Hillary is just too easy to hate.  If Joe was going to save the country from Trump and his legacy, he waited four years too long, and the consequences are very real.  In real time, Biden was a stop gap that there's no follow-up for.  He's half of a plan for a rudderless party, and it's going bad.

TBH, I blame Biden a little bit for the Trump justices landing on the court.  No guarantees he wins, but the chance is strong, and Roe would undoubtedly remain.

In that vein, I also lay a shit ton of blame on left-wing hero Ruth Ginsberg for killing Roe and unleashing a right wing court.  Obama practically begged her to retire while he had a chance to name her replacement and she was ailing from pancreatic cancer, one of the most feared forms of the disease.  She just kept on going, enduring health scare after health scare.  it got her at the exact wrong moment.  If the hero RBG really cared about reproductive rights over her own legacy and ego, she could have done a lot for Roe by stepping down to be replaced by a liberal justice.  This is a thing that the right would facilitate in the same scenario.   She'll always be hailed as some revolutionary hero on the court by the hard left, but she really screwed the party hard.  Her refusal to leave served nothing but her selfish desires to remain in a powerful position until she died.  Any iota of situational awareness or concern for future generations should have prompted her to take a different path.
Reply/Quote