Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Embarrassing Game as a Bengals Fan
This ranks up as one of the most hideous and embarrassing game since the lost decade. Only thing missing would be DAVE Shula and Klingler at QB. This was a laughing stock and the main reason why I don’t spend hundreds of dollars each sSunday to watch this joke of a team. Last game I went to was with Miami at home in 2000 when instead of taking a knee or run the ball before halftime Coslet decided to let Akili pass he got sacked, fumbled and Miami score on the fumble just before time expired. I swore that day I wouldn’t go back until something changed in the front office. Folks it hasn’t they are still a freaking joke!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals TV fan, I thought the Chiefs was worse, only because it was on NBC Sunday night.

But if I was a Bengals at the game fan, I could see this being the most for sure.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm with Bronx Here.. This is the first Bengals game I have literally turned off and not went back to. I've rage quit before but went back.. Not this time.
Reply/Quote
This is lower than whale turds at the bottom of The Marianas Trench.
Reply/Quote
Every playoff game and 80%+ of the primetime games in the Marvin era give a strong case to disagree.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That beating by TB in 2002, maybe 37-0, might have been worse. But, it was 16 years ago and really part of the lost decade, anyway.

Yeah, today was bad. Like, I'm an Akron fan watching my team play OSU, kind of bad. They came within one point of tying the franchise record of points allowed.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Some short memories on this board. Nothing and I mean nothing is as embarrassing as the 2015 playoff loss.

Well there was letting the Jets into the playoffs on purpose just so they could wax us or lossing to 2 diffrent nobody backups from Houston or...
Crap this teams embarrassing period.
Reply/Quote
I got a super deal on tickets. Bought the jungle pass. Never in my life did i think i would be leaving a game i paid for a ticket for at half time.

I along with a giant swarm of others went walking out at halftime.

There will probably be more browns fans in the seats yhan bemgal fans at that upcoming game.

Year after year after year our team and fans have to deal with a head coach who was made famous because Ray Lewis and his ravens D were good.

Its bad. Worse than other years? Probably. Torture doesnt get any better
Reply/Quote
Last years loss to the Bears was worse. We lost to a great team today, at least. Last year we were embarrassed at home by a 5-11 squad.
Reply/Quote
We were coming out of a bye week. Not Marvin’s strong point. What did you all think would happen. Not surprised at all.
Reply/Quote
Just got back from that embarrassment of a game. Awful.......
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:32 PM)motoarch Wrote: Some short memories on this board.  Nothing and I mean nothing is as embarrassing as the 2015 playoff loss.

This.

Did anybody have this game down as a win? Playing the best team in the NFL right now with a slew of injuries....including our best player.

I heard today that the Bengals have already lost 5 players this season to torn ACLs. To put that in perspective, we have only lost 6 players total to ACL tears in the last 5 years. Get a grip people. No teams are good playing as many second teamers as we are right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:18 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: This ranks up as one of the most hideous and embarrassing game since the lost decade.  Only thing missing would be DAVE Shula and Klingler at QB.  This was a laughing stock and the main reason why I don’t spend hundreds of dollars each sSunday to watch this joke of a team.  Last game I went to was with Miami at home in 2000 when instead of taking a knee  or run the ball before halftime Coslet decided to let Akili pass he got sacked, fumbled and Miami score on the fumble just before time expired.  I swore that day I wouldn’t go back until something changed in the front office.  Folks it hasn’t they are still a freaking joke!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said during training camp,this is only a 500 team and they will struggle to achieve that. They will get hammered next week,revenge game for the dirty birds,and its going to get worse for sure.I truly believe the brownies have a very good chance of beating this team at our house.FIFTY YEARS AND COUNTING.
Reply/Quote
We hear ya Stephen A.
Reply/Quote
It was bad for sure, most ? Not sure about that.
Reply/Quote
2015 playoff loss is number 1 by a lot. That was a year where we knew we'd lose some guys in the off season (Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson) and we needed to strike while the roster was loaded. The manner in which it happened and who it happened against was brutal.

The Kansas City game took a lot out of me as a fan. It was a wake up call to anyone that thought this team could compete with the league's best, and a reminder of what Marvin Lewis teams do in prime time. Seeing them get blown out and barely putting up a fight like they did today and in KC is rough. It shows that they are nowhere near where you thought they were early in the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every playoff game and 80%+ of the primetime games in the Marvin era give a strong case to disagree.

I agree

I think the worst thing was the major meltdown loss to the Steelers in the '15 playoff game...

most pathetic thing I ever saw in my life how self destructive it played out.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: This.

Did anybody have this game down as a win? Playing the best team in the NFL right now with a slew of injuries....including our best player.

I heard today that the Bengals have already lost 5 players this season to torn ACLs. To put that in perspective, we have only lost 6 players total to ACL tears in the last 5 years. Get a grip people. No teams are good playing as many second teamers as we are right now.

That number of 5 ACL tears is misleading in context some of those players included Rod Taylor a 6th round rookie and Mason Scheck a 4th string practice squad tight end. Lawson and Glasgow injuries hurt but are defense sucked even when we had them. Aj Green was healthy vs. the Chiefs and we could only score 10 points vs then the worst defense in the league until we took that title with our horrific play on defense. Every team has injures that’s not an exucuse. And I’m sick of people saying there a good team did you expect us to win ? That’s half the problem with this team and coach they can’t beat good teams on big stages when it matters.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:54 PM)samhain Wrote: 2015 playoff loss is number 1 by a lot.  That was a year where we knew we'd lose some guys in the off season (Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson) and we needed to strike while the roster was loaded.  The manner in which it happened and who it happened against was brutal.

The Kansas City game took a lot out of me as a fan.  It was a wake up call to anyone that thought this team could compete with the league's best, and a reminder of what Marvin Lewis teams do in prime time.  Seeing them get blown out and barely putting up a fight like they did today and in KC is rough.  It shows that they are nowhere near where you thought they were early in the season.

There was something about Burfict running around doing the "we're number 1!" hand signal when there was still time left for us to lose the game.  It was a real "Dewey defeats Truman!" moment, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That beating by TB in 2002, maybe 37-0, might have been worse. But, it was 16 years ago and really part of the lost decade, anyway.  

Yeah, today was bad.  Like, I'm an Akron fan watching my team play OSU, kind of bad.   They came within one point of tying the franchise record of points allowed.

There's still some season left. I'm sure they don't want to leave any record unbroken.
Reply/Quote