Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overrated Band/Musician
(02-08-2016, 07:40 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't they, somewhere along the line, try the no makeup thing and their fans hated it?

Disturbing
[Image: tumblr_n9gd0cnmjg1szmvluo3_250.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know many will laugh their butt off, but I think The Who is the most overrated band of all time, and nobody else is even close.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:10 AM)whodey1967 Wrote: I know many will laugh their butt off, but I think The Who is the most overrated band of all time, and nobody else is even close.

And yet you use them in your name.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:10 AM)whodey1967 Wrote: I know many will laugh their butt off, but I think The Who is the most overrated band of all time, and nobody else is even close.

I always thought it was only me, since just about everyone I've ever known has liked The Who but me.  Way back in my college days, there was no escaping that "Who's Next" album.

I always saw them as four guys trying to see who could be the loudest.

Nice to see I'm not the only one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And yet you use them in your name.

Uhhh....NO!  Im not  "The Whodey1967'
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:42 AM)McC Wrote: I always thought it was only me, since just about everyone I've ever known has liked The Who but me.  Way back in my college days, there was no escaping that "Who's Next" album.almost as if it wer

I always saw them as four guys trying to see who could be the loudest.

Nice to see I'm not the onl
Roger Daltrey is a decent singer I guess, but the music in almost every song is very overbearing and menotonous...EVERYTHING Pete Townsend is awful.. .his music is as though a child with expensive toys that he doesnt know how to use properly.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 05:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Are you guys rating these acts based on musicianship and talent or, what these acts meant at their peak or what?

Because bands like Boston made it pretty big in an era when it was relatively speaking very difficult to land a record deal where there's a thousand acts just like them dreaming of the same thing. So something rates bands like this higher, if it's not their talent. Same thing for Nirvana. I don't particularly care for their music nowadays but man were they a nice relief from the crap we were fed over the air prior to their explosion, which introduced us to bands like Pearl Jam, who in no way possible can be considered over rated by any metric. Aside from PJ, who are very talented, these other acts had something often imitated and rarely duplicated, just ask Gene Simmons.

As far as over rating the Stones and/or The Beatles, PUULEEEEEEEAAASSE
You may not like either of these bands but these two are head and shoulders above any other band ever recorded which may or may include Led Zeppelin, the band I offer as the most over rated. This coming from a die hard fan in my late teens/20's. But, these guys plagiarized many songs including Stairway.

Because of their arrogance regarding the issue of plagiarism, it's difficult to respect them even though they recorded many of their own great songs. It's sorta heartbreaking. 

I read the entire thread waiting for someone to mention Zeppelin.

Stolen riffs (if not entire songs), made up lyrics meant to sound "deep". Screaming instead of singing.

Paige can play great guitar.  Bonham was a crazy man on the skins.

But the group is elevated to such high standing it makes me want to throw up.

I like some of the music...but they would never be in a top ten for me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote