Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overrated Bengals
(02-03-2016, 03:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not about sense. It's about money.

You'd always like to keep all your good players. But you can't always afford to.

MJ wasn't taking a sweetheart deal to stay and turned down what they offered Carlos.
The only reason he is here is because he stunk it up in Tampa and came cheap (along with residual money from the Bucs). 

Same reason we won't draft a center as high as we should.
You can't have 3 guys coming up on big contracts on the OL at once. You essentially admit in drafting them that you don't plan on re-signing one. 

Less tricky there since you can play two OTs, but similar thoughts.

Totally understood, I just thought they should have worked him a deal before tagging him, or maybe they did and I forgot.  We got lucky on that deal....not that he's a Cadillac or anything.....but he sure beats the Hugo we had in Hunt/Gaethers/Gilberry

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Totally understood, I just thought they should have worked him a deal before tagging him, or maybe they did and I forgot.  We got lucky on that deal....not that he's a Cadillac or anything.....but he sure beats the Hugo we had in Hunt/Gaethers/Gilberry

I think they tried. He was pretty set on FA IIRC. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 02:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Guessing Tom Brady is the exception to the all 32 teams being football geniuses rule. 

Unless you can show me where one of the "draft experts" projects Brady as a first rounder tI still feel the NFL teams are still smarter than all the "experts" out there that do draft projections.

I tell everyone that will listen that the draft is a bigger crap shoot than most people want to admit.  Even the best teams miss on high draft picks and even the worst teams have low round picks that work out.  
Reply/Quote