Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dominant lineman at senior bowl.
Wil Hernandez g utep 6"2 340 pounds. Best lineman at senior bowl and in the NFL draft. He's been UNSTOPPABLE at the senior bowl.was told that hes playing himself into top 15 consideration possibly top 10. Pick 12 to cincy? Yes please! Will post tweets.

UTEP’s Will Hernandez uses his strength well — going against Fort Hays State’s Nathan Shepherd, who had a strong day yesterday, Hernandez uses Shepherd’s first step and momentum against to him, easily shoving him back and behind the spot.

Roster watch: OG Will Hernandez, UTEP - We would not want this guy to get his hands on us - a monster. One of the most impressive pure physical prospects to the eyeballs we've seen in 7 years in Mobile at the guard position.

Will Hernandez, G, UTEP: 6’2”, 340

Scout behind me: “Jesus, that dude’s huge.”

Dane brugler: #UTEP OG Will Hernandez is easy to spot. Just look for the defensive lineman violently moving backwards.

Focused strictly on LOS today for North practice. UTEP Will Hernandez was the best on OL and it wasn’t close. Just so powerful... Also impressive performances from WSU OG Cole Madison & Army OT Brett Toth... Pitt OT ONeill/Oregon OT Crosby not as consistent as I hoped they’d be.

Will Hernandez! nasty https://t.co/Trntxqh9yT
Reply/Quote
I think it's been Isiah Wynn without a doubt. Wynn has look good at 3 different spots (LG RG RT) where Hernandez has only took snaps at LG.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I think it's been Isiah Wynn without a doubt. Wynn has look good at 3 different spots where Hernandez has only took snaps at LG.

If u value versatility sure. Which is great. Was hoping he would play bad in senior bowl so he could be our 3rd round pick. Looks like he'll be there in the second if we want him. If we went Hernandez, Wynn, rangow, j. Jaones first 3, rounds I'd jump for joy.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If u value versatility sure. Which is great. Was hoping he would play bad in senior bowl so he could be our 3rd round pick. Looks like he'll be there in the second if we want him. If we went Hernandez, Wynn, rangow, j. Jaones first 3, rounds I'd jump for joy.

It's not just about versatility he has the footwork to play all three spots where Hernandez has yet to take a snap that isn't at LG. 

To me I'm wondering why he can't play RG when every one else is moving and he's not.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If u value versatility sure. Which is great. Was hoping he would play bad in senior bowl so he could be our 3rd round pick. Looks like he'll be there in the second if we want him. If we went Hernandez, Wynn, rangow, j. Jaones first 3, rounds I'd jump for joy.
While I can’t see that as a feasible scenario at all, it might be one that could result in a rather good OL.
If it happened, I’d put them in the following spots:
LT=Wynn
LG=Boling
C=Ragnow
RG=Hernandez
RT=Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:48 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not just about versatility he has the footwork to play all three spots where Hernandez has yet to take a snap that isn't at LG. 

To me I'm wondering why he can't play RG when every one else is moving and he's not.
Rg is tended to ask to pull a lot more.
(01-24-2018, 09:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I can’t see that as a feasible scenario at all, it might be one that could result in a rather good OL.
If it happened, I’d put them in the following spots:
LT=Wynn
LG=Boling
C=Ragnow
RG=Hernandez
RT=Jones

I see most of it as feasible. The only thing is I don't see them as taking Hernandez at 12 so it would most likely be Wynn Jones, and rangow. But I'd rather put Wynn inside than outside.
Reply/Quote
Bring him aboard we can use all the help we can get.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Brick by brick, it might take a couple of years to fix the o-line. If he is one of them I'd be happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rg is tended to ask to pull a lot more.
I see most of it as feasible. The only thing is I don't see them as taking Hernandez at 12 so it would most likely be Wynn Jones, and rangow. But I'd rather put Wynn inside than outside.

I should specify I don’t think it’s feasible because the Bengals would never pick four OL with their first four picks. They’ll mix in at least one other position (likely defense) in there.

If you keep Wynn inside in the scenario you said, that makes the interior as Wynn, Ragnow, and Hernandez. Who would the OTs be? If you say Boling, I ask why because Boling only has 1/8” longer arms than Wynn and Wynn was a dominant LT in college. I have more belief Wynn would succeed at LT over Boling.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Quit sleeping on Alex Cappa. He has been dominating Davenport, 2nd best pass rusher in the draft.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I should specify I don’t think it’s feasible because the Bengals would never pick four OL with their first four picks. They’ll mix in at least one other position (likely defense) in there.

If you keep Wynn inside in the scenario you said, that makes the interior as Wynn, Ragnow, and Hernandez. Who would the OTs be? If you say Boling, I ask why because Boling only has 1/8” longer arms than Wynn and Wynn was a dominant LT in college. I have more belief Wynn would succeed at LT over Boling.

Boling has never been more than average inside. In my scenario im building a dominant interior oline. So that's why Wyatt inside. So boling or ogbuehi at lt Fisher at rt.
Reply/Quote
Looks like he'll be a 2nd round steal then!  I'm all for it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Boling has never been more than average inside. In my scenario im building a dominant interior oline. So that's why Wyatt inside. So boling or ogbuehi at lt Fisher at rt.

Well Boling won't be benched in favor of rookies, so Boling will start somewhere.
But the ONLY reason I could think this could even be possible is if the Bengals want to stick with another year of Ogbuehi development and have Boling as reserve LT if (when) Ogbuehi struggles. And Jamarco Jones as the backup to Fisher I assume?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Boling has never been more than average inside. In my scenario im building a dominant interior oline. So that's why Wyatt inside. So boling or ogbuehi at lt Fisher at rt.

This could be the "tell" on if Marvin has full control or not. 

Because we know MB does not care for interior OL at all. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rg is tended to ask to pull a lot more.

lol no, they aren't.

LG pulls the most by far, at least, in our scheme and what I've seen historically.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Hernandez is a great prospect, but dollar for dollar Wynn's technique is damn near flawless.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol no, they aren't.

LG pulls the most by far, at least, in our scheme and what I've seen historically.

Agree with this. From everything I've observed, LG is much more often the "pulling" guard.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:21 PM)Okeana Wrote:

Hernandez is a great prospect, but dollar for dollar Wynn's technique is damn near flawless.

And given Wynn's versatility, he feels like he'd be a better fit with the Bengals given their lack of talent at OT.
IMO try Wynn at OT and if not, swap him and Boling.
That's assuming the Bengals do what they are hinting at and not addressing OL in the first round.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This could be the "tell" on if Marvin has full control or not. 

Because we know MB does not care for interior OL at all. 

He doesn't care to pay them big money, but he has no problem drafting them high.

Steinbach - 1st pick of the 2nd round
Zeitler - 1st rounder.

That being said, if we go interior lineman at #12, it better be Nelson or Price. 

Center is a much higher priority then the guard spots
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:21 PM)Okeana Wrote:

Thanks for that! The 2 gangstas with the red helmets are #27 Justin Jones and #98 is BJ Hill. Both are from NC State. They are wrecking these O-linemen. 
The guy I saw yesterday getting his ass whooped all day long was #73 PRyor from Oregon. Shiney helmet dude...  He looks like Ced II
Reply/Quote