Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 3
1. Bengals had a tough fight with the now 0-3 Ravens on their home turf. More penalties than I have seen in a game in a long time. The negative, they almost got Marvin'd by not taking the field goal at the end of the 1st half.

2. Ravens played a tough game against a far better team. The negative they are now 0-3 and in big trouble. Steve Smith seems like he is most of their offense. If something happens to him they are in even bigger trouble.

3. Steelers beat the Rams but nothing spectacular about that win. The negative, Big Ben got injured. This may work in the Raven's favor Thursday. I wish Ben a speedy recovery so the Bengals can beat them while at full strength.

4. Browns lost to Raiders but played them better than the Ravens did. The negative, they are the Browns. I wonder if the Browns will start Johnny next week and continue their proud tradition of playing musical QB.

End result:

Bengals 3-0
Steelers 2-1
Browns 1-2
Ravens 0-3
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:41 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: 1.  Bengals had a tough fight with the now 0-3 Ravens on their home turf.  More penalties than I have seen in a game in a long time. The negative, they almost got Marvin'd by not taking the field goal at the end of the 1st half.  

2.  Ravens played a tough game against a far better team.  The negative they are now 0-3 and in big trouble.  Steve Smith seems like he is most of their offense.  If something happens to him they are in even bigger trouble.  

3.  Steelers beat the Rams but nothing spectacular about that win.  The negative, Big Ben got injured.  This may work in the Raven's favor Thursday.  I wish Ben a speedy recovery so the Bengals can beat them while at full strength.

4.  Browns lost to Raiders but played them better than the Ravens did.  The negative, they are the Browns.  I wonder if the Browns will start Johnny next week and continue their proud tradition of playing musical QB.

End result:

Bengals 0-3
Steelers 2-1
Browns 1-2
Ravens 0-3

Bengals 0-3 and leading the division!!! Tongue

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals 0-3 and leading the division!!! Tongue

LOL whoops typo.  That game stressed me out too much. I guess I had the Ravens on my mind when I typed that.  Wink
Reply/Quote
Might want to PM a mod to correct thread title:

1. Bengals

2. Steelers

3. Ravens

4. Browns
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:46 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: LOL whoops typo.  That game stressed me out too much.   I guess I had the Ravens on my mind when I typed that.   Wink

I know right? I think my pulse is still around 140.  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Might want to PM a mod to correct thread title:

Fixed that too.  Wink
Reply/Quote
We should definitely drop in the Power Rankings and below the Stoolers here. That was embarrassing letting a team like the Ravens hang around like that. EMBARRASSING. :angry:

Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Might want to PM a mod to correct thread title:

1. Bengals

2. Steelers

3. Ravens

4. Browns

No need for a mod. OPs can change the title of a thread on their own.

Reply/Quote
Based off the debate in last week's rankings I think you have to go:

1) Steelers - Win on the road while losing your starting QB against a team with a win.

2) Bengals - Win on the road against a team without a win. (As was stated in the previous thread, last season and history is irrelevant, the Ravens are a bad team without a win.)

3) Ravens - Stuck around against an undefeated team, so they get a small bump up over the Browns.

4) Browns - Lost to a 2-1 team, not as good as losing to an undefeated team.

Note, I don't believe the above to be accurate at all, but based off the previous arguements about last season not being a factor for the week, had to toss it out there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: We should definitely drop in the Power Rankings and below the Stoolers here.  That was embarrassing letting a team like the Ravens hang around like that.  EMBARRASSING. :angry:

Ninja  LMAO

You make a joke out of it, but really, it's kinda true.  You have to question the Bengals a bit for letting Baltimore hang around in this game.  There is not a single way that Baltimore is the superior team...it should have been a blowout.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There is not a single way that Baltimore is the superior team...

But, but, but....elite Quarterback....  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Based off the debate in last week's rankings I think you have to go:

1) Steelers - Win on the road while losing your starting QB against a team with a win.

2) Bengals - Win on the road against a team without a win. (As was stated in the previous thread, last season and history is irrelevant, the Ravens are a bad team without a win.)

I have to give the Bengals the nod because when things looked like the Bengals were reverting to some of their 2014 play style Andy and the offense stepped up.  Last year they might  have lost that game.  Yes I know we can't talk about last year but the Bengals got it done after a really tough fight when both teams were worn down.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But, but, but....elite Quarterback....  Ninja

Meh...I don't think that their "elite" guy has much on the Bengals "mediocre" guy.  Andy Dalton has played vastly better than Joe Flacco so far this season.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Meh...I don't think that their "elite" guy has much on the Bengals "mediocre" guy.  Andy Dalton has played vastly better than Joe Flacco so far this season.

Meh. I think they're both about equal; namely, they're pretty bad without great supporting casts. Put Eifert, Jones, Green and Bernard on the Ravens instead of their current crew of Steve Smith+nobody, and Flacco woulda looked better.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:38 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: I have to give the Bengals the nod because when things looked like the Bengals were reverting to some of their 2014 play style Andy and the offense stepped up.  Last year they might  have lost that game.  Yes I know we can't talk about last year but the Bengals got it done after a really tough fight when both teams were worn down.

I completely agree, read the last part of my original post. I was doing it the other way to point out how ridiculous a previous argument was about things.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:44 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Meh. I think they're both about equal; namely, they're pretty bad without great supporting casts. Put Eifert, Jones, Green and Bernard on the Ravens instead of their current crew of Steve Smith+nobody, and Flacco woulda looked better.

Derp.

Smack forum.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Based off the debate in last week's rankings I think you have to go:

3) Ravens - Stuck around against an undefeated team, so they get a small bump up over the Browns.

Note, I don't believe the above to be accurate at all, but based off the previous arguements about last season not being a factor for the week, had to toss it out there.

Now that sounds about right!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:16 PM) 'Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Derp.

Smack forum.

Forgot which board I was on so I was trying to be nice.

Truth be told, you could put AJ Green, Calvin Johnson and Rob Gronkowski on this team and it would still be 0-3. Flacco has always been a turd.
Reply/Quote

But shouldn't the Ravens be elevated since they almost beat an undefeated team? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You make a joke out of it, but really, it's kinda true.  You have to question the Bengals a bit for letting Baltimore hang around in this game.  There is not a single way that Baltimore is the superior team...it should have been a blowout.

Agreed.  We made some dumb mistakes, with bad timing on penalties, bad coverage, the crazy ass Eifert play, and putting Eifert against Dumerville on an island for the strip sack.  It is embarrassing.

The laughter at the end was in the collective faces of Ravens fans.  We actually SHOULD drop in any rankings.  That was bush league out there today.  Although.....I did pick us to lose this game due to the hostile environment and the fact that tbe Ravens were already fighting for their lives.  Sometimes it's great to be wrong.  Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote