Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross may be in limited in Bengals training camp
(07-31-2017, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: From watching videos from TC, John Ross looks a lot less limited than I thought he'd be.
On the flip side, not sure anyone else has seen yet, but Chargers HC Anthony Lynn told LA Times that Mike Williams could be out for the season due to injury.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/892002875102113792

Is this happened to a Bengals 1st round draftee it would be the trainers or the doctors fault. Looks like other teams also have injury issues in camp or prior to camp too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 01:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this happened to a Bengals 1st round draftee it would be the trainers or the doctors fault. Looks like other teams also have injury issues in camp or prior to camp too.

Chargers have terrible luck when it comes to WRs staying healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much what Cure said; but whatever. The worst thing is that I cannot give rep.

As to Ross. It looks like we might have made the better choice between him and Mike Williams:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chargers/2017/07/30/mike-williams-back-injury-los-angeles-chargers/523763001/

Yeah...and there is a lot of suspicion as to how quickly he signed the deal with SD.  I remember hearing all the injury concerns on Ross and I tried to tell folks that they almost all came when he was playing defense for the suspended Marcus Peters.  Ross put his WR career on hold to help the team, and was a damn good DB as well.  

I love Ross and can't wait to see his first action.  I hope that third preseason game they have AJ and Ross on the field with Uzo and Eifert, with Mixon in the backfield.  I can't wait to see how teams line up to defend that.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chargers have terrible luck when it comes to WRs staying healthy.

Looks like they just have terrible luck period. Forrestt Lamp is out with an ACL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like they just have terrible luck period. Forrestt Lamp is out with an ACL

I was listening to Sirius NFL radio today and they said the Mike Williams injury was diagnosed by some teams as very bad. I had heard he injured it in camp, but it appears he had it prior to camp.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 10:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was listening to Sirius NFL radio today and they said the Mike Williams injury was diagnosed by some teams as very bad. I had heard he injured it in camp, but it appears he had it prior to camp.

I am glad mike brown only allowed the medical staff to botch one free agent signing and not continue to botch draft after draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah...and there is a lot of suspicion as to how quickly he signed the deal with SD.  I remember hearing all the injury concerns on Ross and I tried to tell folks that they almost all came when he was playing defense for the suspended Marcus Peters.  Ross put his WR career on hold to help the team, and was a damn good DB as well.  

I love Ross and can't wait to see his first action.  I hope that third preseason game they have AJ and Ross on the field with Uzo and Eifert, with Mixon in the backfield.  I can't wait to see how teams line up to defend that.  

Diego looks to be in some trouble. Rivers is getting up there and he needs all the help he can get.

BTW, pretty cool that John Ross can also play DB well...

Don't want him to play it though after what you said here, didn't know that.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah...and there is a lot of suspicion as to how quickly he signed the deal with SD.  I remember hearing all the injury concerns on Ross and I tried to tell folks that they almost all came when he was playing defense for the suspended Marcus Peters.  Ross put his WR career on hold to help the team, and was a damn good DB as well.  

One of the many reasons I like Ross.  And the fact that he played (well) much of the season with a bad shoulder underscores his toughness.   May take a little while, but I think we got a good one here.   I'm also on board with the Bengals taking it slow with him.   We have plenty of talent.  Make sure this guy heals up and is ready for NFL football.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 10:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was listening to Sirius NFL radio today and they said the Mike Williams injury was diagnosed by some teams as very bad. I had heard he injured it in camp, but it appears he had it prior to camp.

When the injury was first reported, I believe it was mentioned that Williams supposedly hid the injury from teams during workouts.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: When the injury was first reported, I believe it was mentioned that Williams supposedly hid the injury from teams during workouts.

Surely they would have wondered why he kept saying ouch every time he moved.

A bad back for an athlete is often the beginning of the end.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Surely they would have wondered why he kept saying ouch every time he moved.

A bad back for an athlete is often the beginning of the end.

I'm amazed that he was able to hide it (if true), but then I remember how Sean Brewer hid his chain smoking habit.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 12:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Diego looks to be in some trouble. Rivers is getting up there and he needs all the help he can get.

BTW, pretty cool that John Ross can also play DB well...

Don't want him to play it though after what you said here, didn't know that.

It was a part of what I loved about him.  Here is a guy that was off to an awesome start at WR, and one of his dumbass teammates gets suspended so his coach asks him to play DB.  He doesn't complain at all, and goes and plays very well at DB and starts at WR a year later.  

You might all be thinking "that is what his coach told him to do, so he should just do it".  Ask yourself how any players with top talent for the draft would want to switch positions in the beginning of a season after just a couple games at your natural position, where you are hoping to get drafted someday.

I love Ross.  I will be holding my breath for essentially the entire team in the preseason, but I can't wait to see him, AJ, and Eifert/Uzo with Mixon on the field together.  That third preseason game.  Simply can't wait. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was a part of what I loved about him.  Here is a guy that was off to an awesome start at WR, and one of his dumbass teammates gets suspended so his coach asks him to play DB.  He doesn't complain at all, and goes and plays very well at DB and starts at WR a year later.  

You might all be thinking "that is what his coach told him to do, so he should just do it".  Ask yourself how any players with top talent for the draft would want to switch positions in the beginning of a season after just a couple games at your natural position, where you are hoping to get drafted someday.

I love Ross.  I will be holding my breath for essentially the entire team in the preseason, but I can't wait to see him, AJ, and Eifert/Uzo with Mixon on the field together.  That third preseason game.  Simply can't wait. 

Great stuff. Ross is selfless man. Great dude.

Should be really exciting against the Skins. Shocked ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff. Ross is selfless man. Great dude.

Should be really exciting against the Skins. Shocked ThumbsUp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYQsZuh2CM

I so want to hear this on the speakers at PBS.  If Ross scores we play this and sign along like the Bengal's fight song.  

Or this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYQsZuh2CM

I so want to hear this on the speakers at PBS.  If Ross scores we play this and sign along like the Bengal's fight song.  

Or this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Awesome
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 04:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: When the injury was first reported, I believe it was mentioned that Williams supposedly hid the injury from teams during workouts.

Sirius NFL radio reported just the opposite. The injury was an old injury every team knew bout, some backed away and others ike teh Chargers did not. They said he re injured and made the old injury worse putting it all on the medical staff and team picking him anyway.

Reply/Quote