Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated backup QB we've had
(06-27-2021, 03:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because if he was just mediocre or even sub-par for the first 3/4ths of the game (against the 30th ranked pass defense) it would have been an absolute blowout victory because the defense played amazing. Instead he was absolutely atrocious and gave the Steelers 6 points while scoring 0.

Right

You can't just call it a good game because he threw a TD pass late in the game and they almost won it. They most likely would have won it had he not played like hammered dog shit for 50 minutes.

As for underrated QB I'll go Fitz.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 09:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Any QB "could" get better". Also, any QB "could" remain the same. QBs "could" even get worse.

There is no cutoff. You either do it or you don't. Flacco did. Dalton didn't. It's written in the annals of history.

I'm not sure actual logic applies in the discussions ?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Are we really arguing this AD v AJ. Andy was obviously better QB, but, I mean Dalton had 4 chances and the team never scored more than 13 points, and the one game with 13, included a pick 6 by our Defense. In AJ only game we scored 16 and had the lead with the ball under two minutes. Were we in position BECAUSE of AJ? No, but he was part of the reason we were in the lead. That’s more than Andy can say in the playoffs. Again though, to the OP, he was the only backup to have us in that position. So gotta go with him.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 02:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And that would be Dalton.  He outgained McCarron 360 to 221, had one fewer fumble, and almost identical passer rating (67.0 to 68.3)

Why are you leaving out TDs and INTs? 

While 'almost identical"; AJ's was higher and the score was much closer..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Are we really arguing this AD v AJ. Andy was obviously better QB, but, I mean Dalton had 4 chances and the team never scored more than 13 points, and the one game with 13, included a pick 6 by our Defense. In AJ only game we scored 16 and had the lead with the ball under two minutes. Were we in position BECAUSE of AJ? No, but he was part of the reason we were in the lead. That’s more than Andy can say in the playoffs. Again though, to the OP, he was the only backup to have us in that position. So gotta go with him.

No we are talking about who was our most underrated QB. Greencorn just made the mistake of pointing to AJ McCarron's playoff game as an example as to why it could be him. That triggered the Army. 

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 11:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No we are talking about who was our most underrated QB. Greencorn just made the mistake of pointing to AJ McCarron's playoff game as an example as to why it could be him. That triggered the Army. 

This Army stuff is about as clever as talking about our 3rd year "technically rookie" LT.

Lets not forget in post #11 greencorn also said Dalton was the most underrated backup QB it just sucked not having a starting QB all that time. People don't like Dalton still and that's totally fine. It's hard to gripe about the "Army" though because Dalton's detractors bring him up just as often. Why can't they focus on the one who walks on water like the "Army" is supposed to?

Before someone cries, I'm not knocking Burrow at all. He's a great young QB and the future is bright. From the way he was insanely overhyped though, anything short of multiple rings, mvps, and all pros and he cannot live up to the expectations put on him.

As for the thread, I'd say Fitzpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: During my lifetime, AJ Mcarron.

Ya, he wasn’t great, but he did enough to win a playoff game… the rest of the team took that away from him lol.

Dude that game was won and lost by burfict.  Aj was a piece of furniture out there.
Reply/Quote
1A Fitzpatrick (look at his career trajectory after leaving CIncinnati)

1B Kitna

1C Jeff Blake

I see them all equally and, yet, equally flawed. Just, in different ways.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 01:05 PM)motoarch Wrote: Dude that game was won and lost by burfict.  Aj was a piece of furniture out there.

Won by Burfict.
Lost by Hill.

Literally just one job. Don't fumble.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 03:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya,  because Dalton came up so big in the playoffs before this 

Still think he could of been better than McCarron in that game with that 2015 team and that D to cover up his play.

(06-26-2021, 06:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have you already forgotten about Daltons playoff performances? We would have been killed with Dalton in there.

Eh, who knows, all I know is Dalton is and was a far better QB and that year he was shining before the injury.

Guess we will never know, just my opinion that McCarron definitely wasn't the one who about led us to a victory it was the D.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 02:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Brandon Allen

He is still on the team correct?
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is still on the team correct?

Yes. He’s QB2.

Reply/Quote
[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 03:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. He’s QB2.

Cool, he had a very nice game last year at least.
Reply/Quote
Lol, the Finley Gary Busey smile always gets me while beating the Steelers... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 12:56 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This Army stuff is about as clever as talking about our 3rd year "technically rookie" LT.

Lets not forget in post #11 greencorn also said Dalton was the most underrated backup QB it just sucked not having a starting QB all that time. People don't like Dalton still and that's totally fine. It's hard to gripe about the "Army" though because Dalton's detractors bring him up just as often. Why can't they focus on the one who walks on water like the "Army" is supposed to?

Before someone cries, I'm not knocking Burrow at all. He's a great young QB and the future is bright. From the way he was insanely overhyped though, anything short of multiple rings, mvps, and all pros and he cannot live up to the expectations put on him.

As for the thread, I'd say Fitzpatrick.

For the record, post #11 was a tongue in cheek joke, I’ve always been pro Andy. I even dabbled in the Army here and there. I should’ve known better than to bring him up in a thread about backups.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]

Honestly, what Bengals QB in recent memory (15 years), starter or other wise, has given the Bengals a more interesting, compelling, or shocking win than that guy?

Interesting answer. You said it all in a pic. I may change my answer now.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, the Finley Gary Busey smile always gets me while beating the Steelers... Hilarious

Needs to be hundreds of cardboard cut outs of this face at the Steelers games.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Won by Burfict.
Lost by Hill.

Literally just one job. Don't fumble.

They don't get in scoring range without twiddle dumb and tweedle dumber making stupid penalties.
Reply/Quote