Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Move on from Whitworth if it means keeping Zeitler
Whit is old, Zeitler isn't. If i'm choosing between the two, i'm going Zeitler.

It's time we got out of our loyalty phase and made some tough decisions.
Reply/Quote
Depends if you think we have a legit chance at winning now. Whit is the better player, but Zeitler should be solid for years to come.

Honestly, there's no reason they shouldn't sign them both though. We need the line to get better, not worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Letting Whit walk would mean Og at LT - after seeing his horror show last season no thanks.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends if you think we have a legit chance at winning now. Whit is the better player, but Zeitler should be solid for years to come.

Honestly, there's no reason they shouldn't sign them both though. We need the line to get better, not worse.

This........

(02-08-2017, 01:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: Letting Whit walk would mean Og at LT - after seeing his horror show last season no thanks.

.....and this.  Get em both....or just tank the season.  Also....prepare to see at least 3 QBs if Ogbuehi is your LT.  He is atrocious.  Maybe the light comes on...but he looks totally lost.  That's not very smart to play a turd like that on your QBs blindside.  Unless you get a lefty....sign a good FA....or hit the lottery in the draft at LT.....you unfortunately NEED Whitworth as bad as or worse than Z.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 01:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: Letting Whit walk would mean Og at LT - after seeing his horror show last season no thanks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

If Whit goes, and Og becomes LT and Fisher becomes RT, I think Dalton will pull a Palmer after he gets murdered by 50 sacks in the first 5 games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The only way you can let Whit walk and be even a little okay with Og at LT is if Willie Anderson is brought in to replace Paul Alexander and coaches up both the young tackles. Only in that situation could you feel a little okay with Whit being gone, but in all honesty the money is there to sign Dre, Whit and Zeitler. Not signing all 3 is just cheap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We can have both easily

Just depends on how cheap we wanna be

If the Warriors can have KD, Curry, Green and Klay then we can have both Whit and Zeitler.

Just a matter of do we wanna pay for a good o line. And seeing how we didn't this year and our history with old lineman I could very well see Whit walking
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:37 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Whit is old, Zeitler isn't. If i'm choosing between the two, i'm going Zeitler.

Andy says hell no, Whit can't go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:37 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Whit is old, Zeitler isn't. If i'm choosing between the two, i'm going Zeitler.

Sadly I think Hue will snap Zeitler up in Cleveland.  
Reply/Quote
Isn't it so sad that even though how abismal the O line played last year that we are debating about retaining the best FAs that we already have on the roster?

This is just a conglomeration of cheapness and an O line coach who can't admit his failures at picking new talent and coaching them to be legitimate starters.

You're the freaking Bengals for God's sake.

Keep the talent you've got because any other FA is going to fleece you and you've been sucking at drafting linemen.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 06:05 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Sadly I think Hue will snap Zeitler up in Cleveland.  

Probably true. Zeitler seems like he's chasing the money, and the Browns have $101.8m in cap space.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's easier to replace a RG then it is a LT so Z is as good as gone. I'll reserve my opinion to see if they spend the money that was for Z on some outside help. Probably not tho. Our model is to re-sign the same players that can't get us over the edge to begin with. Whit and Dre is priorities. Cut Pacman and hope they see fit to bring in some outside help at other positions (OC,LB,DE,RT). If not bringing back the same team that has failed to win big games in forever just isn't working.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends if you think we have a legit chance at winning now. Whit is the better player, but Zeitler should be solid for years to come.

Agreed. Losing either one makes the line much worse. We need to retain both.
Reply/Quote
Keeping Zeitler over Whit creates a bigger problem than we had last year.

Whit hasn't declined yet and is still holding down Dalton's blindside. Him and Boling got the left side locked down so if we get rid of Whit over Zeitler we now have 2 big holes on the line and Dalton gets killed from the left and right this upcoming year. Plus he still could play on the interior line for us if he wants.

Who plays LT for us? For some reason that wasn't addressed in your plan it's just as simple as "Get Ford Tough! Don't re-sign your elite LT cause he's old!" LOL
Reply/Quote
I say Keep Whit on a two year deal and play Westerman at guard, then draft a Decent Center in round 2-3 of 2017 draft.  Draft another OT in 2018, let Whit mentor him.  By then either Fisher or OG will be RT. 

The Bengals will not pay guard 10 million a year.  They value Whit's leadership, loyalty.  They will pay Kirkpatrick because the team values skill position players, especially cornerback. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
No reason you can't sign both.

Whit will be back on another 1 year deal. If you are going to cut guys to save money, let Pacman and Maualuga go.

Pacman for obvious reasons, Rey because he isn't a starter and sees the field less than 50% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 02:18 AM)Housh Wrote: We can have both easily

Just depends on how cheap we wanna be

If the Warriors can have KD, Curry, Green and Klay then we can have both Whit and Zeitler.

Just a matter of do we wanna pay for a good o line. And seeing how we didn't this year and our history with old lineman I could very well see Whit walking

Big difference between NBA and NFL. In the NBA, it's pretty common for the top teams to pay beyond the cap each year and just accept the salary cap penalty for going over.
In the NFL, teams very rarely go over the salary cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 12:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's easier to replace a RG then it is a LT so Z is as good as gone. I'll reserve my opinion to see if they spend the money that was for Z on some outside help. Probably not tho. Our model is to re-sign the same players that can't get us over the edge to begin with. Whit and Dre is priorities. Cut Pacman and hope they see fit to bring in some outside help at other positions (OC,LB,DE,RT). If not bringing back the same team that has failed to win big games in forever just isn't working.

The Bengals can't seem to keep quality players like Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, and now possibly Zeitler, but thankfully they were able to bring back the likes of Rey Maualuga! Sarcasm
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 06:05 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Sadly I think Hue will snap Zeitler up in Cleveland.  

they have a lot of cap space. This is a great prediction
Reply/Quote