Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Move on from Whitworth if it means keeping Zeitler
I understand people want to point to Whitworth's age, but if we can only keep 1 of the 2, I want it to be Whitworth. It's nice knowing Andy's blindside is protected. While we all know that the Bengals can certainly afford to retain all of the big 3, they won't. The way it's looking, I'd almost be willing to bet they only keep 1 of the 3.

For some reason this team doesn't value interior line play and is fine with a below average running game. Yet, the coaching staff always wants to "Play AFC North Football" and try to cram it down other teams throats. It makes no goddamn sense. Since your #1 goal in a passing league is to run the ball, why wouldn't you value the pieces that will help you do that? The Bengals are the dumbest franchise in the entire NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 01:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I understand people want to point to Whitworth's age, but if we can only keep 1 of the 2, I want it to be Whitworth. It's nice knowing Andy's blindside is protected. While we all know that the Bengals can certainly afford to retain all of the big 3, they won't. The way it's looking, I'd almost be willing to bet they only keep 1 of the 3.

For some reason this team doesn't value interior line play and is fine with a below average running game. Yet, the coaching staff always wants to "Play AFC North Football" and try to cram it down other teams throats. It makes no goddamn sense. Since your #1 goal in a passing league is to run the ball, why wouldn't you value the pieces that will help you do that? The Bengals are the dumbest franchise in the entire NFL.

For me, it doesn't make sense because you drafted him in the first round. If RG is not that valuable, then why did you draft him in the first freaking round? If it is, why don't you sign him? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The reality is that it is antiquated thinking.

Sure, 10 years ago a guard wasn't worth the money, but now a days the reality is that interior lineman get paid pretty well. If the Bengals want to be stuck in their ways, it's because they are refusing to acknowledge what the current market is for OGs.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 07:18 PM)McC Wrote: Why are we so certain Z will get a huge deal somewhere?  RG's are the easiest position on the line to find, aren't they?  Isn't that where failed T's often move?

The Steelers paid their RG $60 million for 6 years. Brandon Brooks got a 5 yr/$40 million deal from the Eagles.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote