Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moved to "My Cousin Vinny" territory
Hi,

My name changed from TreasureCoastBenGal to WiregrassBenGal because I moved from south Florida to Dothan, AL, just above the FL panhandle.

For the past three years I was helping my mom at her condo down in Florida but she's now in assisted living in Cincinnati. I needed an inexpensive place to live since I'm self-employed and don't know what my ceiling is.

I almost moved to Dayton, but instead went to plan B since I couldn't get an apartment lined up there. So far I am enjoying it here and got a great deal on an apartment. It is 80 miles to Panama City/Destin and 50 miles to one of the Florida Springs.

Next season I look for our Bengals to bounce back and clean up against the NFC central and maybe get that elusive playoff win!
Reply/Quote
Never been to Dothan, but it's got to beat Dayton. Sounds like the move is off to a good start.

ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thank you. The first time I ever went through was when I used to live in Cinti and took a dive vacation to Panama City Beach. You basically go straight down through Nashville and Birmingham to get here and then take the 231 and go right through Dothan.

I drove though another time when driving across the country and cutting through Alabama to go see a friend in Decatur. There was a really good chinese restaurant I stopped at. Plus it seemed like a nice, clean little town and it still is but it's bigger now.
Reply/Quote
think the closest I ever got to Dothan was calling about a job at their paper (the eagle I think is the name).
Reply/Quote
Did your "youts" move too?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did your "youts" move too?

[Image: 20vax_zps1d0ad8bb.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm from Dayton, but my dad's family are all from Alabama. You'll find good people in both places, as you already know. But the weather is a little better in AL (except for the occasional hurricane Wink )
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote