Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you found and liked on netflix....
Ever scroll thru the netflix menus for hours trying to find something you havent seen before and might like based on the very small description it gives you.

Did you ever find any you really liked after you gave them a shot?

A Few Recent ones for me.

Infini - "An elite 'search and rescue' team transport onto an off-world mining-facility to rescue Whit Carmichael, the lone survivor of a biological outbreak."

The Colony- "Forced underground by the next ice age, a struggling outpost of survivors must fight to preserve humanity against a threat even more savage than nature."

The troll Hunter - "A group of students investigates a series of mysterious bear killings, but learns that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter."

ill add more when i can please share yours

Mine are mostly scifi except the troll hunter.

one on my list to watch is "Automata"
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ever scroll thru the netflix menus for hours trying to find something you havent seen before and might like based on the very small description it gives you.

Did you ever find any you really liked after you gave them a shot?

A Few Recent ones for me.

Infini  -  "An elite 'search and rescue' team transport onto an off-world mining-facility to rescue Whit Carmichael, the lone survivor of a biological outbreak."

The Colony- "Forced underground by the next ice age, a struggling outpost of survivors must fight to preserve humanity against a threat even more savage than nature."

The troll Hunter - "A group of students investigates a series of mysterious bear killings, but learns that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter."

ill add more when i can  please share yours

Mine are mostly scifi  except the troll hunter.

one on my list to watch is "Automata"
Trolls are not sci-fi?   Keep those bastards outa my neighborhood.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 04:57 PM)McC Wrote: Trolls are not sci-fi?   Keep those bastards outa my neighborhood.

personally i could consider Trolls more Fantasy... As i always associate SCIFI with space and futuristic etc.... i guess it could fall into that realm

Or we could call it a documentary lol
Reply/Quote
"Masters of the Universe" was wild as i remember watching it when i was a kid. Not terrible for being made
in the mid 80's. I agree on Troll Hunter, for being a foreign film and you have to read it man it had great
graphics and a cool story.

I know it is a drama but "Black and White" with Costner was a pretty damn good movie i watched lately.

Oh, and a funny, family Halloween movie from the 80's that came on lately is pretty good, "Monster Squad".
Reply/Quote
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is also fantastic.
Reply/Quote
I recommend "The Dead Lands". It is a story about Maori warriors in New Zealand and was a very good movie.

[Image: DEADLANDS_QUAD8-1-600x450.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know it is a drama but "Black and White" with Costner was a pretty damn good movie i watched lately.

Agreed. Good movie.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is also fantastic.

That was my first thought when I saw the title of the thread. Really wasn't expecting it to be that good, but is one of my favorites.

A similar one stars one of the guys from that movie (the one who played Sock in the show Reaper). Cottage Country I think is the name. Not T&DvsE good, but still good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know it is a drama but "Black and White" with Costner was a pretty damn good movie i watched lately.

(09-30-2015, 07:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Agreed. Good movie.

it is a good movie, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

If you get the chance to watch "The Angriest Man In Brooklyn" with Robin Williams and Mila Kunis, watch it, it's really good.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 06:08 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: it is a good movie, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

If you get the chance to watch "The Angriest Man In Brooklyn" with Robin Williams and Mila Kunis, watch it, it's really good.

That is a good one too. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 06:08 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: it is a good movie, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

I was thinkin about watching that, thanks. Sometimes you have to hear from someone's opinion you respect.

Robin Williams was a great actor man, sad what happened. Hook is one of my fave's of all time and i can say many others of Robin's.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was thinkin about watching that, thanks. Sometimes you have to hear from someone's opinion you respect.

Robin Williams was a great actor man, sad what happened. Hook is one of my fave's of all time and i can say many others of Robin's.

yeah one of my favorites of his is Dead Poets Society.
Reply/Quote
If you like weird movies, I'd check out Odd Thomas if it's still on there. It has Anton Yelchin and Willem Dafoe. I'd consider it horror/comedy. I don't know if that's the official genre or not.

Reply/Quote
You music guys - there are some good music movies on Netflix including but not limited to:

Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been: Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead

This Ain't No Mouse Music
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:41 AM)xxlt Wrote: You music guys - there are some good music movies on Netflix including but not limited to:

Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been: Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead

This Ain't No Mouse Music

Muscle Shoals is another good music documentary.  
Reply/Quote
Netflix still randomly suggests bullshit to me. For some reason, I almost always watch it, and almost always hate it. Last week I saw a good suggestion though. It was called Scenic Route. It was a really strange movie, which I typically do not like, but for some reason, I got into this one. Check it out if you're bored.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Just watched "Dark was the night" with Kevin Durand. Pretty good for a thriller/horror.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just watched "Dark was the night" with Kevin Durand. Pretty good for a thriller/horror.

nice saw that one might check it out... there are a lot of horror movies on their that might be worth watching.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice saw that one might check it out...  there are a lot of horror movies on their that might be worth watching.

The new "Curse of Chucky" is on there. Always liked the Child's Play movies.

"Nothin like a little strangulation to get the circulation goin"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 10:54 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Muscle Shoals is another good music documentary.  

Yes it is. There is also one called "The Wrecking Crew." The Wrecking Crew were similar to The Swampers in Muscle Shoals, but there were many more of them and not always the same people, but they did a TON of studio work out in California.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote