Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movin' on up!
We’ve went OL in the 1st 3 times since the last time we took a LB that high. Time to stop ignoring the glaring problem on defense. We have Geno and Dunlap on the DL, a really good FS in Bates, and 3 1st rd CB’s and yet our defense is still terrible. And that will continue until we get some impact players at LB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who cares ? They’ll draft another bust

Unfortunately, that's where I'm at. If we draft 10, well take a "safe" pick like a ot or corner that "should've gone top three". Nevermind that he's got a horrible injury or was the result of scheme or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who cares ? They’ll draft another bust

this :whiteflag:
Reply/Quote
This team has to have a improved o-line next year. Today was another testimony to that. They are awful.
Reply/Quote
Torn between drafting a linebacker or offensive linemen in round one. Both position groups are pretty equal in awfulness. Can’t really stomach watching Redmond and Bobby Hart wiff, get blown up or commit multiple egregious presnap penalties every week. Feel like we’re wasting the talents of Boyd, Green and Mixon if the line stinks but guess it doesn’t matter if you can’t stop anybody ever on defense. If Marvin is the coach next year then it really doesn’t matter who we draft lol.
Reply/Quote
We know we need 3 LBs and at least 3 OL but we also know these two areas will still be huge weaknesses next year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
If you take a LB Top 10...they better be a pass rusher.

I think you have to fix the offensive line. If you do that...Mixon is capable of 1500 yards. Look what he did behind a bad line. Plus, then you have Boyd and Green.

We HAVE to sign a good LB in free agency though. A guy like Kwon Alexander. No more of these guys on 1 year deals that aren't good.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because our FA LB signings have worked out so well in the past...

Our drafting of LB has been terrible too.

How the Bengals operate with high picks...is they draft guys at positions that cost the most money to pay so they get 5 years of cheap labor.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our drafting of LB has been terrible too.

How the Bengals operate with high picks...is they draft guys at positions that cost the most money to pay so they get 5 years of cheap labor.

We haven’t taken a LB in the 1st since Keith Rivers in 08. It’s no wonder we haven’t found a stud.

Reply/Quote
They'll draft who ever had the best cone drill or something stupid like that. AJ Green was the last time I clapped my hands.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:52 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We know we need 3 LBs and at least 3 OL but we also know these two areas will still be huge weaknesses next year

Honestly, after LAST SEASON we had a lot of needs that went unaddressed.

They signed Hart who was terrible with the Giants to address Tackle! That's all you need to know.
Reply/Quote
I would take the best player available in the first preferably O-line linebacker and maybe QB. Then the next 2-3 rounds take O-line.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rather have a stud LB. Haven’t taken one in the 1st since Keith Rivers. Keep hearing it’ll be a decent draft for OL. Address that in the 2nd and 3rd.

What do you guys think about that LBer from KY?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rather have a stud LB. Haven’t taken one in the 1st since Keith Rivers. Keep hearing it’ll be a decent draft for OL. Address that in the 2nd and 3rd.

What do you guys think about that LBer from KY?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
As long as Baltimore wins and the colts and titans don’t tie, I’m ok with losing never week. But if either of those things were to happen wouldn’t it be sweet to knock Pittsburgh out?

Another bad draft pick can wait a few more slots back.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will the LB from LSU still be there at 10?

I think so. But they'll take A.J. Brown instead and try to do a marketing thing using A.J. Green and A.J. Brown to sell more jerseys. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:11 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What do you guys think about that LBer from KY?

Like him a lot. Also like Montez Sweat who may be available in round 2. This draft sucks for OT which isn't good. After Jonah Williams, there isn't much. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, after LAST SEASON we had a lot of needs that went unaddressed.

They signed Hart who was terrible with the Giants to address Tackle! That's all you need to know.

Indeed, which is why I expect nothing different this off season. It is unrealistic to think otherwise
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote