Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mowing the Yard
Just got done mowing the yard. Felt good after all this BS weather to actually get out and get some vitamin D from the sun and actually do something. Mower was a reck and I was dreading it. Had a flat tire and a dead battery. Pulled the car up (LOL) jumped it and had a cigarette lighter air pump that I plugged in and filled the tire. Who would have known buying a pump on a whim 2yrs ago when my tire was going flat at Autozone on my way to work would save the day? LOL. 

Anyway. felt pretty friggin good. Now comes yard work. Not looking forward to that shit. Specially when the wife is supervising. Sad

Please snow!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hear ya, Harley. I had to get another engine put on mine, then replace deck belt and battery. So today I'm mowing away and hit a large rock that was hidden by some leaves. Bam! Bent a damn blade down at about a 30 degree angle. I took it off and tried to straighten it "good enough" to finish today, no dice. My local Agri-Supply is closed on Sundays, and I buy all my stuff there because they are about 1/2 the price of Lowe's or the local hardware.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wish I made enough money to hire that shit out. Totally messed up a good day of sunshine and beer drinking. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 08:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wish I made enough money to hire that shit out. Totally messed up a good day of sunshine and beer drinking. Hilarious

Hmm, seems like you need to get a mower like mine.  It's got a can holder!  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m already three mows in boys. Shit looks like Augusta.
Reply/Quote
Already mowed 3 times as well, probably once more than needed but I actually enjoy it. There is something kind of relaxing to mowing grass for me. Put my earphones in with my 10+ year old iPod and rock it out to my favorite play lists. I also enjoy following it up with my trimmer, or maybe I'm just weird that I enjoy slicing up the grass and weeds my mower can't get to. Then again, the noise from the mower and trimmer mixed with my favorite music gives me a break from the noise of the usual day to day, that is probably why I like it. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 09:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Already mowed 3 times as well, probably once more than needed but I actually enjoy it. There is something kind of relaxing to mowing grass for me. Put my earphones in with my 10+ year old iPod and rock it out to my favorite play lists. I also enjoy following it up with my trimmer, or maybe I'm just weird that I enjoy slicing up the grass and weeds my mower can't get to. Then again, the noise from the mower and trimmer mixed with my favorite music gives me a break from the noise of the usual day to day, that is probably why I like it. :)

Yep, your a serial killer. You just don’t know it yet. No judgement from me though! I kill-beers, you are gonna kill people. Potato, patato.

Who Dey!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, seems like you need to get a mower like mine.  It's got a can holder!  ThumbsUp

Mine does too. But the damn vibration make it flat on the first lap.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, your a serial killer. You just don’t know it yet. No judgement from me though! I kill-beers, you are gonna kill people. Potato, patato.

Who Dey!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Finally got to mow yesterday evening. My backyard has some low spots in it, and they take forever to dry out. But it felt good to be on the Troy-Bilt, and cut through the damn hay field that had grown. Got the weed eating done as well. Yard finally looks great.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 10:27 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Finally got to mow yesterday evening.  My backyard has some low spots in it, and they take forever to dry out.  But it felt good to be on the Troy-Bilt, and cut through the damn hay field that had grown.  Got the weed eating done as well.  Yard finally looks great.

That's my next venture. Killing weeds before they overtake flower and mulch beds.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's my next venture. Killing weeds before they overtake flower and mulch beds.

yeah I have a yard of dandelions  lol so I got one of them things that hook to the hose and sprayed the yard... 

gotta go get a weed eater still 
Reply/Quote
I'll be hitting my third mow this week.  I've weeded the beds, cleaned the back fence row, redone the floor and stairs on my upstairs deck (stringers too), mowed twice, sprayed for carpenter bees, and seeded some bare spots in the yard.  I'll get the shrubs/bushes/hedge trimmed up this weekend and the pool up and going.  I'll be finished outside until I have to seal/stain the new wood on the deck in the early fall....at which time I'll hit the privacy fence again.

You're slackin' Harley. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll be hitting my third mow this week.  I've weeded the beds, cleaned the back fence row, redone the floor and stairs on my upstairs deck (stringers too), mowed twice, sprayed for carpenter bees, and seeded some bare spots in the yard.  I'll get the shrubs/bushes/hedge trimmed up this weekend and the pool up and going.  I'll be finished outside until I have to seal/stain the new wood on the deck in the early fall....at which time I'll hit the privacy fence again.

Has anyone ever called you an over achiever?  LOL!  :)

I'm weeding the flower beds tonight and replanting some iris's and lilly's for the wife. then if I have enough time,  I need to change the oil in the snowblower and lawn mower.  Should have had winterized the snowblower by now, but wth? hopefully tomorrow night i'll get out and mow the front yard. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I have not mowed yet. I used to pay a company to do work on it, fertilize, etc but that caused me to mow it more. It grew faster. Now I have a 'few' weeds but it's not growing as fast. I'm going lazy for a couple of years. I really don't like mowing but enjoy gardening.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Has anyone ever called you an over achiever?  LOL!  :)

I'm weeding the flower beds tonight and replanting some iris's and lilly's for the wife. then if I have enough time,  I need to change the oil in the snowblower and lawn mower.  Should have had winterized the snowblower by now, but wth? hopefully tomorrow night i'll get out and mow the front yard. 

LOL.....I need to change the oil in the mower myself.  Might get that done this week.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll be hitting my third mow this week.  I've weeded the beds, cleaned the back fence row, redone the floor and stairs on my upstairs deck (stringers too), mowed twice, sprayed for carpenter bees, and seeded some bare spots in the yard.  I'll get the shrubs/bushes/hedge trimmed up this weekend and the pool up and going.  I'll be finished outside until I have to seal/stain the new wood on the deck in the early fall....at which time I'll hit the privacy fence again.

Good lord man? Slow down. Your making the rest of us look bad.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good lord man? Slow down. Your making the rest of us look bad.

Shit man.....I like hitting it full throttle in the spring when it's nice and cool, then go into cruise control when it's sweltering and buggy. LMAO Hell, I got all of the straggler leaves cleaned up in January.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man.....I like hitting it full throttle in the spring when it's nice and cool, then go into cruise control when it's sweltering and buggy. LMAO Hell, I got all of the straggler leaves cleaned up in January.

Well, when you put it that way I guess I need to get this shit done. I hate those hot humid days where I feel like I'm just seconds away from having a stroke.

Reply/Quote

Hey man if you need some outdoor work todo hit me up... I got plenty. haha  (and no time)
Reply/Quote