Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple teams call about Gio

Reply/Quote
The Bengals did just lock up Samaje Perine for 2 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love Gio, but we’ve been exorcising all things from the Marvin Lewis era and I don’t see why we shouldn’t send him off too if we can get decent compensation. Always seems to be young backs from the draft who can step in nicely when needed.
Reply/Quote
Given what Gio brings to the game I really hope they make sure the OL is fixed before dealing him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:28 PM)pally Wrote:

What does everyone think we could get compensation wise in a trade? 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:30 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: What does everyone think we could get compensation wise in a trade? 

I would think a 3rd day pick...maybe a 6th.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would think a 3rd day pick...maybe a 6th.

Yeah, just 1 year left on the deal. So maybe a 6th? Or their 5th for our 6th? (Depending on where they pick.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Love Gio, but we’ve been exorcising all things from the Marvin Lewis era and I don’t see why we shouldn’t send him off too if we can get decent compensation. Always seems to be young backs from the draft who can step in nicely when needed.

well if the goal is to stop Burrow from getting Hit...  based on the OL upgrades we made we need Gio in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Given what Gio brings to the game I really hope they make sure the OL is fixed before dealing him.

Samaje Perine looked good in 3rd down pass protection in 2020. He also brought the hammer as a rusher which is a good change of pace for Mixon's shifty play style. 

And played special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:30 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: What does everyone think we could get compensation wise in a trade? 

Hard to tell honestly. He’s a better RB than what he’s been utilized. However, based on stats, nothing higher than a 5th or a trade and a 7th for a depth player.

Reply/Quote
I don't see it happening this year, zac likes him and he's a locker room guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:37 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I don't see it happening this year, zac likes him and he's a locker room guy.

I agree. I'm guessing we'll see a restructure to bring his cap hit in the $2M range.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Samaje Perine looked good in 3rd down pass protection in 2020. He also brought the hammer as a rusher which is a good change of pace for Mixon's shifty play style. 

And played special teams.

I like Perine, but Gio is one of the top blocking backs in the league. If we cut him, Burrow will miss him and his blocks. People saying we should trade him need to be ready for that.
Reply/Quote
I've always liked Bernard as a COP, but he definitely seems expendable given the Bengals re-signed Perine and also have Trayveon Williams waiting in the wings.
That $4+ mill saved could come in handy, especially if it meant getting someone like Trai Turner, a WR, or another pass rusher like Kerrigan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 02:41 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I agree. I'm guessing we'll see a restructure to bring his cap hit in the $2M range.

Gio is getting $4.1m in new money this year. To get his cap hit to $2m, he would need to give up essentially $2.8m of that $4.1m, or 68% of the money he would make this year.

I doubt Gio is going to be willing to take a 68% pay cut this year to stay here.

They have maneuvered themselves into a position where it is tough to rationalize keeping him with the bad contracts to Mixon and Perine. They will miss his blocking and leadership, though. Remember Good was a captain, not Mixon.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gio is getting $4.1m in new money this year. To get his cap hit to $2m, he would need to give up essentially $2.8m of that $4.1m, or 68% of the money he would make this year.

I doubt Gio is going to be willing to take a 68% pay cut this year to stay here.

Thanks for the details. I'm just spit-balling #s. By leaking this to the media, in addition to letting other teams know he's available, they are letting Bernard's camp know if he wants to stay in Cincy, his # is going to have to come down. If the Bengals cut him, he may not make $2M or whatever # Cincy has in mind as a free agent. 
Reply/Quote
We could sure use Turner at guard.With the money they would save,maybe they could make a deal happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:23 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Thanks for the details. I'm just spit-balling #s. By leaking this to the media, in addition to letting other teams know he's available, they are letting Bernard's camp know if he wants to stay in Cincy, his # is going to have to come down. If the Bengals cut him, he may not make $2M or whatever # Cincy has in mind as a free agent. 

Sure, but he can chase a ring, depending on who is asking about him.

Either make money or chase a ring. Don't take a pay cut to not chase a ring. Lol

Reply/Quote