Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Muslim teenage bride forced to commit suicide
(07-14-2017, 03:44 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi. The Daily Wire is the Fox news of the internet. IE: FAKE NEWS. Get with the program.

The irony here is that you should get with the program.

You mean you are completely oblivious to the literally hundreds of cases of Muslim women being stoned, burned alive, or beheaded in the name of Islam?
Child brides? Gays being thrown off rooftops?

I'm not going to post the links for you.
You have the internet. Do the research.

This aint fake news.
(07-14-2017, 05:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: How can I make it clearer that they do not think it is crazy.

To some it is not crazy to not eat pork.
...it is not crazy to demand your wife be a virigin.
...it is not crazy to believe a virgin was impregnated so a god could live as a man.
...it is not crazy to believe the entire universe was created in seen days.

That would be a question of faith.

*I* think such beliefs are crazy.  And no, I cannot (and no one can) prove they are "true" OR "not true".  Just that some people believe them and some people do not.

The ones that do not think some of those beliefs are crazy.  The ones that DO believe think that people who do NOT believe are crazy.

Capice?

I don't think calling people crazy for their beliefs is going to produce many positive outcomes. I believe in God, but I don't think it's crazy for people to view the world differently or for people to believe in God differently than I do.
(07-14-2017, 05:51 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't think calling people crazy for their beliefs is going to produce many positive outcomes. I believe in God, but I don't think it's crazy for people to view the world differently or for people to believe in God differently than I do.

Weird how two different people can have two completely different opinions about the same thing!

And one keeps saying the other is wrong.

Weird.

Was Jim Jones' beliefs crazy?  What about Marshall Applewhite?

Do *I* have to say their beliefs aren't crazy too?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2017, 04:59 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: But to be fair the question wasn't out of thin air.

StLucie, does it bother that your thread is going down the hole to Wonder Land?

I have come to accept that some people just refuse to stay on topic and have a reasonable discussion of the topic posted.
(07-14-2017, 05:44 PM)Vlad Wrote: The irony here is that you should get with the program.

You mean you are completely oblivious to the literally hundreds of cases of Muslim women being stoned, burned alive, or beheaded in the name of Islam?
Child brides? Gays being thrown of rooftops?

This aint fake news.

Some are just too concerned about making sure the bold font works to check anything else.
(07-14-2017, 05:51 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't think calling people crazy for their beliefs is going to produce many positive outcomes. I believe in God, but I don't think it's crazy for people to view the world differently or for people to believe in God differently than I do.

While it's noble to say it, it's not realistic to think it's completely true. People in general are not completely accepting of polar opposite views on things they care deeply about. To strongly believe in something means the polar opposite will create a skepticism that some times one will even find comical because it is so far opposite.Go find a list of all world religions and you will read about plenty that you will personally believe they are so outlandish that people must be crazy to believe in them or their practices. 

It doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you human.
(07-14-2017, 05:09 PM)NGMDino Wrote: How can I make it clearer that they do not think it is crazy.

To some it is not crazy to not eat pork.
...it is not crazy to demand your wife be a virigin.
...it is not crazy to believe a virgin was impregnated so a god could live as a man.
...it is not crazy to believe the entire universe was created in seen days.

That would be a question of faith.

*I* think such beliefs are crazy.  And no, I cannot (and no one can) prove they are "true" OR "not true".  Just that some people believe them and some people do not.

The ones that do not think some of those beliefs are crazy.  The ones that DO believe think that people who do NOT believe are crazy.

Capice?

Actually it has become murkier.
You are comparing religious dogma that is victimless to ones that if not followed leads to murder or physical harm.

A woman sentenced to death because she was raped is crazy to the point of being savage and barbaric. 

Believing a virgin gave birth to God is , well, crazy if that's what you think, but that's all the further it goes.

Capice?
(07-14-2017, 05:44 PM)Vlad Wrote: The irony here is that you should get with the program.

This aint fake news.
No, I agree with you about these atrocities. However, whenever I see the Daily Wire listed as a legitimate news source I have to make snarky comments. Plus I get to post in boldface.
Crazy for sure.

Virginity test seems a little less invasive than forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy.

Good ole religion.. Warping minds for millennia
(07-14-2017, 05:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weird how two different people can have two completely different opinions about the same thing!

Not sure what's with the sarcasm here but okay.

Quote:And one keeps saying the other is wrong.

What?

Quote:Was Jim Jones' beliefs crazy?  What about Marshall Applewhite?

I don't know, depends on why they believed whatever it is they believed. To call someone or something crazy is to say that they make no sense at all or have no control over themselves mentally. I can't make either of those claims personally.

Quote:Do *I* have to say their beliefs aren't crazy too?

You can say whatever you want, I'm not telling you what to say. 
(07-14-2017, 06:18 PM)Vlad Wrote: Actually it has become murkier.
You are comparing religious dogma that is victimless to ones that if not followed leads to murder or physical harm.

A woman sentenced to death because she was raped is crazy to the point of being savage and barbaric. 

Believing a virgin gave birth to God is , well, crazy if that's what you think, but that's all the further it goes.

Capice?

I'm saying *to me* there is a sliding scale of crazy.  I never said the Christian or Jewish beliefs were dangerous.  Many have evolved so women don't have to fear the stigma of divorce for example and be forced to stay in abusive relationships.

Although I do feel that telling a child they will burn in hell for all eternity for lying and not confessing it is barbaric.  At least psychologically to the child.

But then I was raised to believe that and had to come to my own realizations about it.
(07-14-2017, 07:40 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't know, depends on why they believed whatever it is they believed. To call someone or something crazy is to say that they make no sense at all or have no control over themselves mentally. I can't make either of those claims personally.

Look up what they believed. 
(07-14-2017, 07:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Look up what they believed. 

Well it looks like Jim Jones didn't believe in God but also claimed to be God. He also supposedly admitted he was just using christianity to try and bring people to atheism. Sounds crazy to me. As for the other guy, I wasn't feeling that adventurous.
(07-14-2017, 08:09 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well it looks like Jim Jones didn't believe in God but also claimed to be God. He also supposedly admitted he was just using christianity to try and bring people to atheism. Sounds crazy to me. As for the other guy, I wasn't feeling that adventurous.

ThumbsUp
(07-14-2017, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mentioned other religions because I don't fall under the umbrella of those who think Muslims are alone in being crazy with their beliefs.

This thread is about bashing Muslims. 

Remember this is more about how we want to see Muslims as a group than how they actually are. Comparisons seriously undermine that project. So please stay on topic and do not post any links to domestic violence, suicide or family murder involving non-Muslims.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2017, 08:57 PM)Dill Wrote: This thread is about bashing Muslims. 

Remember this is more about how we want to see Muslims as a group than how they actually are. Comparisons seriously undermine that project. So please stay on topic and do not post any links to domestic violence, suicide or family murder involving non-Muslims.

Post a new topic based on a news story. The reason I post these stories is a reminder to everyone that these people need a reformation to get the crazy stuff out of their religion. Will their be crazy people.... yes .... but at least have a reformation to modernize Islam.

In the 1950's it was laughable in Egypt to force a woman to wear a head covering. Islam has moved backward while the modern world have moved forward.

This aint fake news.

What, exactly, is the program?

By the way, I have done a bit of research on this subject and cannot find a reputable source which says hundreds of women have been stoned, burned alive, or beheaded in the name of Islam.  Certainly there have been individual cases, but how many?

Is that all time, over the past 1400 years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2017, 09:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Post a new topic based on a news story.  The reason I post these stories is a reminder to everyone that these people need a reformation to get the crazy stuff out of their religion.    Will their be crazy people.... yes .... but at least have a reformation to modernize Islam.

In the 1950's it was laughable in Egypt to force a woman to wear a head covering.  Islam has moved backward while the modern world have moved forward.

Same with Iran.

What happened wasn't religion going backwards...it was religion taking over the government.

Secularism provided more freedom to more people.
(07-14-2017, 09:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same with Iran.

What happened wasn't religion going backwards...it was religion taking over the government.

Secularism provided more freedom to more people.

Yet you choose to defend Islam at every turn.

And a total secular country isn't good either. The founders at least knew religion should be part of our lives.
(07-14-2017, 02:07 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't really see why either of those are "crazy". I don't think calling things "sins" are crazy, or not wanting some type of medical treatent is crazy. Now if someone tries to kill you because you masturbate or tries to kill you because you get blood transfusons then yeah, I'd say that's crazy.

God damn. I just sinned. That's crazy.