Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims attack bikini wearer, in France.
(07-29-2015, 11:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've put me in the odious position of having to agree with lucie. 

Well well well lookie here .... Nice to see you on the good guys side Wink

Jokes aside I am always glad when we can find common ground it's a good thing and healthy for the board.
(07-29-2015, 11:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've put me in the odious position of having to agree with lucie.  Muslims are not alone in this, orthodox jews have the same style of inane dress code.  I will give them a bit of credit though, because the men have it just as bad.  Watching them go to temple in September with that full length coat and enormous mole hair hat makes me sweat.  That and the punishment for non-compliance is not as severe.

You're still missing the key difference.  Women in the west have a choice to dress however they choose.  They can dress to please a man, dress for comfort, dress to feel sexy for themselves, etc..  There are no inherent consequences to these choices as there is no society wide dogmatic response to any decision they make.  You trivialize the oppression women in theocratic countries and societies endure when comparing them to western woman in this way.  You're coming off as a person who thinks any criticism of islam condones hatred towards every muslim.  This is not the case and is similar to those who think and criticism of the state of Israel amounts to antisemitism, and both assertions are asinine.

While this is by and large true when looking from a religious point of view, the bolded part is rather debateable (again, taking out dogma) especially when it comes to workplace dress. Our society has certainly made strides, but still has a long ways to go. 

And this thread was still over two pages ago Ninja 
(07-29-2015, 11:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've put me in the odious position of having to agree with lucie.  Muslims are not alone in this, orthodox jews have the same style of inane dress code.  I will give them a bit of credit though, because the men have it just as bad.  Watching them go to temple in September with that full length coat and enormous mole hair hat makes me sweat.  That and the punishment for non-compliance is not as severe.

You're still missing the key difference.  Women in the west have a choice to dress however they choose.  They can dress to please a man, dress for comfort, dress to feel sexy for themselves, etc..  There are no inherent consequences to these choices as there is no society wide dogmatic response to any decision they make.  You trivialize the oppression women in theocratic countries and societies endure when comparing them to western woman in this way.  You're coming off as a person who thinks any criticism of islam condones hatred towards every muslim.  This is not the case and is similar to those who think and criticism of the state of Israel amounts to antisemitism, and both assertions are asinine.

As I said above:  Then Muslims are only about 100 years behind the US.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-30-2015, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: As I said above:  Then Muslims are only about 100 years behind the US.  Smirk

I'm sure that's of great comfort to the people alive today. 
(07-30-2015, 10:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm sure that's of great comfort to the people alive today. 

I sure it was great for women in the early 20th century too.

But times change.  Even for people who use their religion to repress others.
(07-30-2015, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: I sure it was great for women in the early 20th century too.

But times change.  Even for people who use their religion to repress others.

Times don't change, people do.  That change only comes when people stand up and say this is wrong and has to stop.  So, essentially, you're criticizing us for doing exactly what will cause the change you claim to want.
(07-30-2015, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Times don't change, people do.  That change only comes when people stand up and say this is wrong and has to stop.  So, essentially, you're criticizing us for doing exactly what will cause the change you claim to want.

Rolleyes

People change, times change, its the same thing...figure of speech.  THINGS change over time...usually because of people.  Better?

You sound like Larry/TommyC with the semantics.  Smirk

Did the change come from outside the US?  No.

It came from inside.  Change in other countries and other cultures will come from inside also.

Its not criticism to point out that we as a culture objectify women too...just 180' from the way the Muslims do.  
3 pages?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 10:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm sure that's of great comfort to the people alive today. 

We are just now granting equal protection under the law to same sex couples.  Maybe you shouldn't be so smug.
(07-29-2015, 05:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your the one relentlessly defending the abuse of women.    

None of this has anything to do with their religion.   Or politics.  It's just their culture .... They are anti women, they treat them as a second class citiZens.    That's always been my beef with muslims.   Not withstanding the killers ofc.   But to me treating women with no respect is a huge deal.

Ranking woman by their looks is respectful?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 12:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Ranking woman by their looks is respectful?

Ofc it's complimentary.   What lady doesn't like to be complimented on their looks?  

Besides its a little fun tossed in with all the bickering.

And that's up to you if you read that thread as rating on looks only. I never specified.
(07-30-2015, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did the change come from outside the US?  No.

It came from inside.  Change in other countries and other cultures will come from inside also.

This is the truth of it all. Anyone ever seen pictures of Iran pre-current government structure? With women walking around in short shorts and what not?

They regressed because of western (our) influence making them dislike our culture and the people shifting back to the thinking of a more conservative Islam.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-28-2015, 10:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This has always been the reason i dislike muslims . You all just never take the time to listen .

I'm just curious. Does it burn your ass that Muhammad Sanu plays for your team?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-30-2015, 01:41 PM)jason Wrote: I'm just curious. Does it burn your ass that Muhammad Sanu plays for your team?

Does he beat women and oppress them?
(07-30-2015, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Does he beat women and oppress them?

Don't all Muslims?

Isn't that why you don't like them?
The real take away: the link in the OP is to a horrible "news" website.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(07-30-2015, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Does he beat women and oppress them?

Well, he did beat Webb, Brooks, & Pointer like bitches in week 8, last year.
Ninja
(07-30-2015, 03:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well, he did beat Webb, Brooks, & Pointer like bitches in week 8, last year.
Ninja

Haha
(07-30-2015, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't all Muslims?

Isn't that why you don't like them?

Uncivilized muslims.