Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2024 Draft w/Trades
I have a full scouting report and breakdown on all these players, but I just want to present the picks to you guys. Then discuss the players and my thought process.

Round 1(18) - Troy Fautanu - OT/OG Washington

TRADE - Greenbay - Tee Higgins for 25th overall and 88th overall picks. [/i]

Round 1(25) Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

TRADE - Traded Carolina Panthers Pick 49 and a 4th Round pick to move up to 39

Round 2(39) T'vondre Sweat NT Texas

Round 3(80) Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin

Round 3(88) Johnny Wilson TE Florida State

round 3 (97) Ainias Smith WR Texas/AM

Round 5 (149) Renardo Green CB Florida State

Round 6 (194) Xavier Thomas EDGE Clemson

Round 7 (224) Qwan'Tez Stiggers CB Toronto

Round 7 (237) Omar Speights LB LSU

Round 7 (238) Tory Taylor Punter Iowa

So there you have it, my one and only Mock Draft for this year. What do you guys think about my selections? Look forward to the feedback

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the trade, but there's no way in the world I would take Ladd McConkey at that spot
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't mind the trade, but there's no way in the world I would take Ladd McConkey at that spot

100000000% that trade makes the draft the player u selected at 25 wrecks it
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:46 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: 100000000% that trade makes the draft the player u selected at 25 wrecks it

But, but he's going to be the new Cooper Kupp, because they're both Caucasian WRs... Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All joking aside, it's a good mock, just that Ladd McConkey pick at #25 though...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All joking aside, it's a good mock, just that Ladd McConkey pick at #25 though...

appreciate it, it was the one pick i was swinging at, but its my belief that he's the 5th be receiver in this draft and a perfect fit for our scheme and burrow.  Ive done a lot of analytical data on this receiver class and I think he's going to hit big.  First he's an A+ athlete, its not just his straight line speed, but his ability to burst out of his cuts.  Second he has some of the most impressive yards per route run even on a team where Brock Bowers was the primary target.  Third his production is a bit skewed because the system didn't favor him and the quarterback is no where near the quality of someone like joe burrow.  When Burrow was his best is when he had Justin Jefferson across from Chase and in crossing routes.  Ladd may be the best pure route runner in this class and he will give you a lot of What Justin Jefferson brought to that LSU championship team. 

Lastly I just want to say that at 25 I predicted 3 main targets were available at WR for 25, Ladd, Adonai Mitchell, and Xavier Worthy.  Im personally out on worthy because what he brings isn't something we need or could utilize on this team.  So it came down to Adonai and Ladd for me, I'm fine with either pick, but personally I think Ladd is a better scheme fit for the team, Adonai is similar to Tee Higgins, Which I think I can get 80% of that production with Andrei.  

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sick All joking aside, it's a good mock, just that Ladd McConkey pick at #25 though...

Agree, but I also don't think we use a 3rd on a running back.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree, but I also don't think we use a 3rd on a running back.  

IDK, that might be a very smart pick to make, especially the one he took.  Braelon Allen was born for banging in the AFCN.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the McConkey pick threw me for a loop myself. I see that you were picking between McConkey and Adonai Mitchell as you
said later and I would definitely go with Adonai over Ladd. But hey, you could be right and McConkey becomes a great pro WR.

The rest of the Mock is great, Fautanu is solid for sure, I do like Fuaga a touch more along with Latham but solid pick. Love the
Sweat pick and the trades, Braelon Allen is a fabulous pick and my favorite physical RB for us in this Draft. Johnny Wilson is a
good one, I think this guy could be great, I thought he played WR though, not TE?

Ainias Smith is just a playmaker. Good job Okeana, I like it a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree, but I also don't think we use a 3rd on a running back.  

Appreciate the comment.  I would recommend watching some tape on Braelon, he's a specific type of back that is extremely rare to find and fits exactly what we need in the room.  He's a guy who can handle a 3-down workload, but because of his size(6'2" 245 lbs), he shines in short-yard situations.  He's an above-average block and great hands(93% catch percentage when thrown his way).  Gives Burrow the option of playing under center with dual back situations.  If I had to give him a player comp it would be a mix of Le'Veon Bell and Brandon Jacobs.  Its rare to find guys with that skill set and worth a 3rd round pick in my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the McConkey pick threw me for a loop myself. I see that you were picking between McConkey and Adonai Mitchell as you
said later and I would definitely go with Adonai over Ladd. But hey, you could be right and McConkey becomes a great pro WR.

The rest of the Mock is great, Fautanu is solid for sure, I do like Fuaga a touch more along with Latham but solid pick. Love the
Sweat pick and the trades, Braelon Allen is a fabulous pick and my favorite physical RB for us in this Draft. Johnny Wilson is a
good one, I think this guy could be great, I thought he played WR though, not TE?

Ainias Smith is just a playmaker. Good job Okeana, I like it a lot.

Appreciate it Nate, I have them converting Johnny Wilson from WR to TE because of his size profile, 6'6" 231 pounds with 35 1/2" arms and big hands.  I think he can easily add 10lbs of lean muscle onto his frame.  He ran 4.52, which is on the lower end for Wide receivers, but is elite top tier RAS for Tight ends.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, but he's going to be the new Cooper Kupp, because they're both Caucasian WRs... Ninja

I'd take my chances on Pearsall over him but not at 25 obviously Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 02:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: I have a full scouting report and breakdown on all these players, but I just want to present the picks to you guys.  Then discuss the players and my thought process.  

Round 1(18) - Troy Fautanu - OT/OG Washington

TRADE - Greenbay - Tee Higgins for 25th overall and 88th overall picks.  [/i]

Round 1(25)  Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

TRADE - Traded Carolina Panthers Pick 49 and a 4th Round pick to move up to 39

Round 2(39) T'vondre Sweat NT Texas

Round 3(80) Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin

Round 3(88) Johnny Wilson TE Florida State

round 3 (97) Ainias Smith  WR Texas/AM

Round 5 (149) Renardo Green CB Florida State

Round 6 (194) Xavier Thomas EDGE Clemson

Round 7 (224) Qwan'Tez Stiggers CB Toronto

Round 7 (237) Omar Speights LB LSU

Round 7 (238) Tory Taylor Punter Iowa

So there you have it, my one and only Mock Draft for this year.  What do you guys think about my selections?  Look forward to the feedback
Way to early for McConkey. Also Smith has like a 5th round grade taking him in the 3rd is a total waste. If you're gonna take a small slot guy in the 3rd it'd be someone like Malik Washington.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 08:03 PM)pulses Wrote: Way to early for McConkey. Also Smith has like a 5th round grade taking him in the 3rd is a total waste. If you're gonna take a small slot guy in the 3rd it'd be someone like Malik Washington.

don't have a 4th round pick in this draft, Smith Also projects high in his role.  I wouldn't be surprised if McConkey goes earlier than 25 tbh.  I just watch tape, look at their testing, and dive into analytics on them to make my own judgments on players.  Here's a Hot take, Payton Wilson should be a top 25 player in this draft

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 08:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't have a 4th round pick in this draft, Smith Also projects high in his role.  I wouldn't be surprised if McConkey goes earlier than 25 tbh.  I just watch tape, look at their testing, and dive into analytics on them to make my own judgments on players.  Here's a Hot take, Payton Wilson should be a top 25 player in this draft

You obviously haven't wached Malik Washington then because he's AFCN written all over him.
Reply/Quote
I like the draft! Like everyone else not sure about your pick at 25. If it fell this way tho, I'd be happy, very happy!
Reply/Quote
I'd be bummed with Fautanu in 1. His ceiling is Jonah imo.

Green Bay just hit on a bunch of young WRs. I don't think they would trade a first for one.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: Appreciate it Nate, I have them converting Johnny Wilson from WR to TE because of his size profile, 6'6" 231 pounds with 35 1/2" arms and big hands.  I think he can easily add 10lbs of lean muscle onto his frame.  He ran 4.52, which is on the lower end for Wide receivers, but is elite top tier RAS for Tight ends.

YW.  Cool

Johnny is elite for WR's, let alone TE's. Dude could be very special.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IDK, that might be a very smart pick to make, especially the one he took.  Braelon Allen was born for banging in the AFCN.

YES he was and he's only 20 years old.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 08:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't have a 4th round pick in this draft, Smith Also projects high in his role.  I wouldn't be surprised if McConkey goes earlier than 25 tbh.  I just watch tape, look at their testing, and dive into analytics on them to make my own judgments on players.  Here's a Hot take, Payton Wilson should be a top 25 player in this draft

Payton Wilson is outstanding the only problem he has is staying healthy.
Reply/Quote