Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 53
(08-30-2021, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase doesn’t make my 53. For the record I wouldn’t keep Penei Sewell on Detroit’s 53 either. Chase came to Cincinnati completely entitled and in my estimation he might be barely worthy of the practice squad. He showed me nothing.

[Image: pair-huge-colorful-clown-shoes-260nw-29036944.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: they won’t carry a second.

(08-30-2021, 09:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not keeping 2 kickers.

(08-30-2021, 09:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think we'll do it again...

...BUT...

...I don't know that the second kicker will be on the roster entering week 1 as that would guarantee the salary for the season.

With the Covid situation, I think the smart move is to keep a second and keep him away from the team. May seem like a waste, but so is a 7th WR/11th DB/ 11 Olineman that will never see the 53. 

Ask yourself: If Tee Higgins and Evan McPherson had to miss a game due to close contact, who would you want, Morgan Stanley or Siebert Cool
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With the Covid situation, I think the smart move is to keep a second and keep him away from the team. May seem like a waste, but so is a 7th WR/11th DB/ 11 Olineman that will never see the 53. 

Ask yourself: If Tee Higgins and Evan McPherson had to miss a game due to close contact, who would you want, Morgan Stanley or Siebert Cool

Rules are different this year, if a FA is fully vaccinated they can come in immediately. Last year the issue was they had to wait 5 days which created timing issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Rules are different this year, if a FA is fully vaccinated they can come in immediately. Last year the issue was they had to wait 5 days which created timing issues.

Good luck finding a PK as good as Siebert on the streets. I think there will be more 6-7 WRs available than #1 kickers

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good luck finding a PK as good as Siebert on the streets. I think there will be more 6-7 WRs available than #1 kickers

For one game you’d be alright.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have to carry Ossai through cut down to put him on IR and return him which I’m guessing is the plan since they haven’t done it yet. That said, probably take Seibert out for him, they aren’t going to carry two kickers.

Other than that looks about right I think outside of a surprise maybe.

and they arent cutting Shelvin from what I can tell
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: For one game you’d be alright.

Guess we'll all know in about 18 hours

Reply/Quote
Calling it how I see it.

QB(2): Burrow, Allen
RB(3): Mixon, Patrick, Evans
WR(6): Higgins, Boyd, Chase, Tate, Thomas, Irwin
TE(3): Sample, Uzomah, Schreck
OL(10): Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Sua-Filo, Reiff, Johnson, Smith, Hill, Jackson, Prince

DL(10): Hendrickson, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard, Sample, Tupou, Hill, Bledsoe, Hodge, Ossai
LB(5): Wilson, Pratt, Davis-Gaither, Evans, Bailey
DB(11): Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Apple, Davis, D. Phillips, Bates, Bell, Henderson, Allen, Wilson

ST(3): Huber, Harris, McPherson
Reply/Quote
Teams rarely carry 2 kickers even during the harsh Covid protocols in 2020 most teams only carried one. The Bengals did carry 2 in 2020 but I expect a to return to the NFL norm and carry one with another on the practice squad or raid another teams practice squad kicker if injury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase doesn’t make my 53.  For the record I wouldn’t keep Penei Sewell on Detroit’s 53 either.  Chase came to Cincinnati completely entitled and in my estimation he might be barely worthy of the practice squad.  He showed me nothing.

You are ***** nuts and you need to lay off the peyote. Sorry, that's harsh but well deserved. 

There's no way in hell Chase doesn't make the roster and start.

No.Way.In.Hell.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Chase is a lock to make 53 and agree with others that we do not keep 2 kickers.

Although get the Covid argument but don't see it happening.

Yet time will tell, but willing to wager on Chase making team and only one kicker as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase doesn’t make my 53. For the record I wouldn’t keep Penei Sewell on Detroit’s 53 either. Chase came to Cincinnati completely entitled and in my estimation he might be barely worthy of the practice squad. He showed me nothing.

Non farmi ridere.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yall are missing Mike Daniel's. He's definitely on there
. I don't see Topu making it, never seen much from him and I never been high on him to be honest.

And shelvin makes it of course.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: That’s because they were ready to move on from Randy, with McPherson on the roster and hitting everything for the most part they won’t carry a second.

That plus the Covid rules and Fat Randy being hurt week 1 all added up to "needing" two kickers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ja’Marr Chase doesn’t make my 53.  For the record I wouldn’t keep Penei Sewell on Detroit’s 53 either.  Chase came to Cincinnati completely entitled and in my estimation he might be barely worthy of the practice squad.  He showed me nothing.

I didn't know Marvin Lewis posted here.  Ninja Ninja Ninja

In all seriousness, while I understand your frustration with the pick (and I share it) and his performance in game time situations has been very lack-luster, he is still a 1st round pick and a highly thought of talent from this class. He is going to be given more chances and more time to try and get a return on that investment. As a 1st round pick be it right or wrong, he is going to get a lot more rope to work with then a UDFA or 7th round guy. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I assume there are still a few moving parts, but I'm fairly confident either Fred or Prince will get the boot. Given how they each took snaps on both sides vs Miami, I think that was a de facto tryout for ZT and Frank to see which one they wanted to keep as their swing tackle this year. It wouldn't be the most efficient use of the 53 to keep them both since Smith and Carman can play outside too. It would be redundant depth imo (at least until somebody got hurt).

In terms of my preferences, I'd keep a spot open for a sixth wideout. Rumor has it that Simi Fehoko and Cornell Powell are on the outs in Dallas and KC, respectively, simply due to the numbers game. I'd loooooove to scoop one of them up. Simi has raw gifts and natural athleticism; Powell's a strong route-runner with a winning pedigree. It'd be like a free pick four months after the fact.... and I'd no longer feel so guilty about spending a fifth-rounder on a kicker. :p

Good luck to Price in Nyc. If I see him on the street I'll shake his hand. It was never his fault that he wasn't Frank Ragnow.
Reply/Quote

I remember when I had my first beer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cutdown is tomorrow (8/31/21) at 16:30 EDT

QB: Joe Burrow, Brandon Allen (2)

RB: Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Chris Evans (3)

WR: Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Ja'Marr Rice, Auden Tate, Trevor Irwin, Michael Thomas (6)

TE: CJ Uzomah, Drew Sample, Chris Wilcox (3)

Oline: Jonah Williams, Quinten Spain, Trey Hopkins, Jackson Carman, Riley Reiff, Isiah Prince, D'Ante Smith, Trey Hill, Micheal Jordan, Fred Johnson (10)

dline: Sam Hubbard, DJ Reeder, Larry Ogunijobi, Trey Hendrickson, Darius Hodge, Cam Sample, Khalid Kareem, BJ Hill, Josh Tupou (9)

LB: Logan Wilson, Jermain Pratt, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans, Markus Bailey, Noah Spence (6)

DB: Trae Waynes, Chidode Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Jalen Davis, Eli Apple, Darius Phillips, Jesse Bates, Vonn Bell, Ricardo Allen, Brandon Wilson (10)

ST: Evan McPherson, Austin Seibert, Clark Harris, Kevin Huber (4)

Not bad, but a couple errors as others have said: 

1) No way we carry 2 kickers 
2) XSF is starting at RG, he 100% makes the team 
3) Spence is not a LB  
4) No way we keep 6 edge guys. Well, I'll amend, if they think Ossai can get back, they might, but just for 1 day.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL at not even having Chase on the roster. Some of you really are the kings of overreacting.

(08-30-2021, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You are ***** nuts and you need to lay off the peyote. Sorry, that's harsh but well deserved. 

There's no way in hell Chase doesn't make the roster and start.

No.Way.In.Hell.

(08-30-2021, 11:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase is a lock to make 53 and agree with others that we do not keep 2 kickers.

Although get the Covid argument but don't see it happening.

Yet time will tell, but willing to wager on Chase making team and only one kicker as well.

(08-30-2021, 11:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Non farmi ridere.

(08-31-2021, 12:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I didn't know Marvin Lewis posted here.  Ninja Ninja Ninja

In all seriousness, while I understand your frustration with the pick (and I share it) and his performance in game time situations has been very lack-luster, he is still a 1st round pick and a highly thought of talent from this class. He is going to be given more chances and more time to try and get a return on that investment. As a 1st round pick be it right or wrong, he is going to get a lot more rope to work with then a UDFA or 7th round guy. 

(08-31-2021, 06:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I remember when I had my first beer.

I am fully aware Ja’Marr Chase will make the final 53 but his performance will be a serious concern. Zac Taylor better be willing to make Ja’Marr sit if he doesn’t perform. This isn’t the year for “developing projects.” It’s sink or swim.

For those non-Italian speakers Truck 101 said, “Don’t make me laugh.”
Reply/Quote
Chase may be the 6th best receiver on the roster right now, but he makes the team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote