Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bengals Game Experience (7-0 All Time Now)
My Mom being the talkative, friendly human being she is befriended Jacob Burney and his wife. Through this connection, for my Birthday, she netted four club seats for the family (and my fiance) as well as special parking passes. The entire experience was incredible (being able to park next to the players is awesome).

I figured I would post some of my thoughts, as I've been to several games over my life span, in the different eras and thought I would pass along my thoughts. I hope those who went had fun, and I hope it was as fun to watch on TV as it was there!

-I've been an adamant defender of Andy Dalton. This continues after a monster performance. Is he elite? I don't think so. Then again, he is throwing passes to a sixth round receiver, and LaFell, who wasn't even a commodity to the Patriots (I feel like they find special talent in everyone). He also manages to throw dimes, with press coverage, and no run game (Hill's performance was pathetic. 20 something carries on what, 30 yards?). Dalton is NOT the problem, and I will fight this tooth and nail.

-Nugent has become a joke. I don't know how you miss FIVE pats in a season, and still have a job (that is LITERALLY your entire job). That being said, fans around us, and everywhere, laughed, boo'd and made hilarious jokes. He has become a sensation of poor performance. Mind boggling really.

-No shock that fans have lost absolute confidence in Marvin Lewis. Frequent boos for poor decisions made it a bit uncomfortable to watch. This is with us WINNING, boy, I can't imagine losing. Sure, Bengals 'faithful' as far as fanbases go, aren't great.

-I think the only people that really appreciate this man is the faithful, but boy, VONTAZE BURFICT, is a MONSTER. Period. Flat out. Again, like Dalton, I will fight this tooth and nail with any fan who argues otherwise. Charles Davis called him one of the best (if not the best) ILB. Next to Kuechly (I've felt like, when healthy, he is absolutely comparable) I can agree. This man flat out plays, and flies EVERYWHERE. He was always on the pile, or next to it. His interceptions, and instincts were always spot on. The defense was FREQUENTLY in the right spot because he NOTICED the play. It was incredible. That play he destroyed Dorial Green Beckham he DISLOCATED his shoulder and came back in. How? How the hell is that possible. It doesn't matter. He did it.

-Impressed with the overall defense, not so much with Carson Wentz. Listen, Wentz doesn't have a ton of talent around him. Still, he was throwing terrible passes into double (triple even) coverage. 36/60 for 308 and 3 picks (he should have had at least 5). I just wasn't impressed. Bad performance by him or great by the defense?

-A huge fan sign in the bleachers said WATCH. WINCE. REPEAT. Clever, but damn that hurts.

-Drunk fans are absolutely ridiculous.

What did you all think of the game!?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Great post. Very even keeled opinions.

I agree that what Dalton can do with minimal help puts him as one of the best in the league (far too many bad games to even consider the 'elite' title like you said, though).

I'm starting to think our run game issues may also be schematic and not just lack of talent. I didn't see an off tackle power run play all game. I'm not sure why we were stuck on the shotgun counter play. That type scenario does not fit Hill's running style at all.

As for jaded fans, I can't blame them. Ohio loves football and we have some of the best talent pipelines in the world. We deserve better professional football organizations than we have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 03:50 AM)treee Wrote: Great post. Very even keeled opinions.

I agree that what Dalton can do with minimal help puts him as one of the best in the league (far too many bad games to even consider the 'elite' title like you said, though).

I'm starting to think our run game issues may also be schematic and not just lack of talent. I didn't see an off tackle power run play all game. I'm not sure why we were stuck on the shotgun counter play. That type scenario does not fit Hill's running style at all.

As for jaded fans, I can't blame them. Ohio loves football and we have some of the best talent pipelines in the world. We deserve better professional football organizations than we have.

I try to be. I understand where everyone comes from. I love this team, but I'm also open to the glaring faults. 

You might be right. I don't think they mix it up, and the consistent want to run on first down is so obvious that I heard dozens of people comment on it in the crowd. I imagine if a bunch of arm chair QBs can do it, trained coordinators can too. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with drunk fans? They are hilarious.

Reply/Quote
Quote: -Nugent has become a joke. I don't know how you miss FIVE pats in a season, and still have a job (that is LITERALLY your entire job). That being said, fans around us, and everywhere, laughed, boo'd and made hilarious jokes. He has become a sensation of poor performance. Mind boggling really.

I have to wonder how fans think this is helpful. Kickers who go into slumps are no different than golfers who get the yips. It's all mental. I understand wanting him replaced, but it is obvious the club has not found someone who they think is better that is available, so we have Nugent for the rest of the season. So for true fans of the team that want the team to win, how is booing Nugent helpful? Since it is a head thing to start with, is that going to make him better or worse??? Maybe try supporting him and getting him through it to help the team instead of giving in to the base instinct to want to boo him??? Really, which is more helpful?? 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's wrong with drunk fans? They are hilarious.

No they're not. In fact they are downright unbearable a lot of the time.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they're not. In fact they are downright unbearable a lot of the time.

Obnoxious. Since my conversion in 2001 I understand now that the only way I could tolerate the drunks, is to be drunk along with them.
Reply/Quote
Yesterday was my first game that I went to all season...and we won handily. I think we need a GoFundMe page for Caped and I to go to all games.
Reply/Quote
Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk Not That Drunk
Reply/Quote
Well then be sure to attend the Steelers game, I want that one bad. 8-0!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to wonder how fans think this is helpful. Kickers who go into slumps are no different than golfers who get the yips. It's all mental. I understand wanting him replaced, but it is obvious the club has not found someone who they think is better that is available, so we have Nugent for the rest of the season. So for true fans of the team that want the team to win, how is booing Nugent helpful? Since it is a head thing to start with, is that going to make him better or worse??? Maybe try supporting him and getting him through it to help the team instead of giving in to the base instinct to want to boo him??? Really, which is more helpful?? 

We weren't booing.

[Image: 60920560.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 10:21 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Obnoxious. Since my conversion in 2001 I understand now that the only way I could tolerate the drunks, is to be drunk along with them.

DingDing

I never get wasted at games, but I do drink enough to tolerate. Not saying its the right thing to do. However it is the HarleyDog thing to do and I support the team with about $100 in beer sales per game (not hard to do with the cost's). Besides, I hate being around people in general, or at least thousands of them at once.

Reply/Quote
Place was a morgue. One of the least lively crowds I have ever seen at PBS. It was roughly 2/3rds full, and a lot of those folks were just meandering around or in the lounge area. It turned out to be a decent day. No rain (until the very end) and it was about 45 degrees. I think the threat of rain kept a lot of folks away.
Reply/Quote
The only reason they win is when I put my lucky dull drill bit in the drill press and poke holes in my Marvin doll.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Place was a morgue.  One of the least lively crowds I have ever seen at PBS.  It was roughly 2/3rds full, and a lot of those folks were just meandering around or in the lounge area.  It turned out to be a decent day.  No rain (until the very end) and it was about 45 degrees.  I think the threat of rain kept a lot of folks away.

Yeah, saw huge patches of open space in the upper deck and the club level in the north end zone.  The East club was vacant as usual, and even the lower bowl had more empty seats than usual.  There were a lot of Eagles fans there, too, so plenty of Bengals fans ditched their tickets.  And crowd noise was anemic, for the most part, except when booing.  The boos were strong.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 09:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, saw huge patches of open space in the upper deck and the club level in the north end zone.  The East club was vacant as usual, and even the lower bowl had more empty seats than usual.  There were a lot of Eagles fans there, too, so plenty of Bengals fans ditched their tickets.  And crowd noise was anemic, for the most part, except when booing.  The boos were strong.  
Hell, the place ain't the loudest joint in the world when it's packed. It's got a bad design or something. I remember going to games with my dad back in the 80s at Riverfront. That place would literally shake at times.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 10:18 PM)jason Wrote: Hell, the place ain't the loudest joint in the world when it's packed. It's got a bad design or something. I remember going to games with my dad back in the 80s at Riverfront. That place would literally shake at times.

Yeah, too much sound bleeds out of that place.  Hopefully that will change when they start building the dome in about 12 years.  Hey, a guy can dream.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 10:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, too much sound bleeds out of that place.  Hopefully that will change when they start building the dome in about 12 years.  Hey, a guy can dream.
I'm sure plans at being drawn for a retractable roof as we speak.

You know I never thought too much about all of the amenities in mondern stadiums & ball parks. Then the other night I was watching the Vikings/ Cowboys game. They kept showing all of the features of that new Minnesota stadium... PBS is a dump! Love the place, but the best it has to offer is that dark, dingy bar and grill thing over around the 120s or so... Jeeez.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 10:18 PM)jason Wrote: Hell, the place ain't the loudest joint in the world when it's packed. It's got a bad design or something. I remember going to games with my dad back in the 80s at Riverfront. That place would literally shake at times.

This is very true.  I wish they had built a dome stadium, like in Indy or Detroit.  Originally, I wanted the game in the elements, but it seems like a lot of the games played in poor weather aren't fun to watch at all.  The football is bad, and you freeze your ass off.  Maybe I'm just getting older.  

Plus, they would have an indoor practice facility  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I read an article on Yahoo after the game that showed how Wentz' awful pitcher-like delivery has been figured out by opposing defenses and causes his accuracy to be completely off at times. It's looking like he was fool's gold.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote