Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dad recently passed...
My Dad recently passed away. We went to too many Bengals games together to count. The other day when I was cleaning out his house, I went through all of his memorabilia. He had a ton of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Big Red Machine stuff. He also had a ton of Bengals stuff. I think the coolest thing I came across was the seat cushion from the Super Bowl. There were also cans of the "Who Dey" beer. I think the design of these cans is just too cool. Below is a picture of some of the stuff I found:

[Image: KWnFRUQIoyWV4wBDqWm0lwd9zYz_N_hNpy3twgaK...authuser=0]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So sorry for your loss. Very special to have all that memoribilia with so many special memories.
Reply/Quote
Sorry Weezy. Stay up bro
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry for your loss. That sucks, dude.

Really cool stuff you got there though. Those old Who Dey Cans are sweet. I have some lying around in a box somewhere too.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss. At least you have some fantastic memories of times shared together, and some irreplaceable memorabilia from the teams that both of you love.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So sorry for your loss but it's awesome finding stuff like that.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 03:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My Dad recently passed away. We went to too many Bengals games together to count. The other day when I was cleaning out his house, I went through all of his memorabilia. He had a ton of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Big Red Machine stuff. He also had a ton of Bengals stuff. I think the coolest thing I came across was the seat cushion from the Super Bowl. There were also cans of the "Who Dey" beer. I think the design of these cans is just too cool. Below is a picture of some of the stuff I found:

Sorry for your loss and understand your pain. My father and myself had season tickets together for over 18 years together before he passed on this exact day 6-30 in 09. Kept the tickets until this season and sadly let them go. Yet very fond memories to cherish for each of us.  

My condolences 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It’s gonna be tough on Sundays

If you in Ohio and need watch mates or beer mates hmu

This ain’t message board BS either. If you are in Ohio I’ll watch games with you. Iv been on this board a long time and always respected your posts
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about your loss.

But remember all those great times. He sounds like a great Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
Sorry brother. He sounds like a super fan and a hell of a guy.

At least you have good memories from a team you still love.

I hope that the Bengals can always bring you good memories and I hope we can win a Super Bowl for you and your old man.

I just put a reminder in my phone to raise a glass for him tonight.
Reply/Quote
Sorry pal. Be easy and remember the good times. Sounds like y’all two had a few together
Reply/Quote
Really sorry, Weezy., I think about my dad every time I go down to the stadium.

BTW, your dad sounds like me. My kids are gonna have a great time deciding who gets what Bengals and Big Red Machine memorabilia.
Reply/Quote
Very sorry for your loss Weezy...glad you have some great memories and momentos to cherish.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 03:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My Dad recently passed away. We went to too many Bengals games together to count. The other day when I was cleaning out his house, I went through all of his memorabilia. He had a ton of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Big Red Machine stuff. He also had a ton of Bengals stuff. I think the coolest thing I came across was the seat cushion from the Super Bowl. There were also cans of the "Who Dey" beer. I think the design of these cans is just too cool. Below is a picture of some of the stuff I found:

I am very sorry for your loss. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My dad passed away last year, but he didn't keep a lot of memorabilia of anything significan't so I just have memories of him both good and bad. Some of my favorites are things he said quite often such as... see below..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.
Reply/Quote
Very sorry for your loss, Weezy. Sounds like you and your dad have lots of great memories. I am sure your dad was just so happy to spend time with you at games. My dad isn't one to collect things at all, but he raised me (right) on the Big Red Machine and the Bengals. My son, who played both football and baseball, could care less about the professional (and college for that matter) teams. Never watches the games. It has always just been what I do with my dad.

Reading your post brought some memories of Reds and Bengals with my dad over the years. As a little kid (I would have been 7-8 years old), I remember my dad came and got my sister and me out of bed (we had only been in bed a short while) because Johnny Bench was up and it was the playoffs. He hit a home run, and we cheered and yelled and it was hard to fall back asleep.

Some of the memories are just "glad he was there", like after Palmer's knee was shredded. The stadium went from adulation to silence when we saw Palmer writhing on the ground. After about 5 seconds of silence, a steeler fan stood up about two rows in front of me and started yelling WOOOOOOO! And, of course, waving his yellow tampon. I snapped. I got up, took two steps toward him, and my dad grabbed me with both hands (he is a VERY strong dude) and pulled me back to my chair. He said: "Where do you think you are going?" and in those few seconds, sanity reigned and I said "I don't know" and stayed seated. I honestly think I would have thrown that guy off that level.

Regardless, as you clearly do as well, I just consider myself blessed for having a dad that loved me, provided for our family, and is a part of my life. I hope you have a place to display some of your dad's collection and it always making you have good memories.

Thoughts and prayers, my friend.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I didn't expect this post to turn into a sappy one but you all brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for the support.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hey Weezy, I know this is a large community and many of us are just strangers to each other but I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your loss. I hope time heals and you're left with good memories.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss.. My dad lived in Middleton and was a Bengals fan. When I got into football Carson Palmer was starting out and there was a lot of excitement around the team. I started following them more after my dad passed of cancer when I was in high school. Before then I didn't really feel a pull towards any particular team. I do like the Packers living in WI, and like the Vikings since they got Zimmer as HC and I moved close to the cities.
Reply/Quote