Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dream 3
If I could just select our first three picks (in realistic spots), I would choose as follows:

1.)Billy Price, C, Ohio State- Some will try to play the game of “slide and get him later in Rd 1”, but I’m not risking it and I also don’t want to risk Ragnow being gone in Rd 2. This guy is tough as nails, a vocal leader, and immediately upgrades what many believe (I’m one of them) is our greatest weakness.

2.)Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma- A lot of people will kill me for this one, but this guy has length and strength that are just too rare to pass up. So he laid an egg at the combine, he was a consensus first round pick by virtually every scout before the combine. I honestly think the guy just rested after his bowl game and didn’t train like mad an additional two-and-a-half months for the combine. He rested. He probably thought he would just do well enough at the combine but his time off really showed compared to others that trained like there were (and are) millions on the line. If the guy comes in and works hard in camp, he could be dominant on the right side for us for a very long time. Watch what he did at Oklahoma and think what he can do with NFL training and Pollack training more drive-blocking. The rushing attack would soar.

3.) Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF- Forget the great story of overcoming his physical challenge, and watch his game tape. This guy simply flies all over the field. He is very instinctive, physical, and the exact same size as Odel Thurman coming out of college. His twin had an excellent rookie campaign at Seattle as a safety. He is bigger and faster than his brother. I love this kid. Watched him every game. Put him next to a healthy Burfict in Bickel...no more check downs for 15 yards.

Those are my hopeful first three picks. I know we also get a pick at the end of Rd 3, but I wanted to just do my fav top 3 picks.

Thoughts? Who are your hopeful first 3?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love these three players.   And there is the possibility that Brown could drop to 46, though I think the odds are better if we do trade with Cleveland like Ocho suggests.

I agree with you about Brown.   He plays better than his measurables, has a huge wingspan and dominates in the running game.  If we get a grader at Center and Brown to combine with Glenn we should be able to move some meat.

And I think Griffen is a stud now, and will only improve with coaching, offering us a nickel backer delux option.

My 3 (made possible with the Ocho option) would be Evans, Ragnow and Crosby, followed by Shepherd or Nnadi.

All depends on Cleveland's desire to move up.

But I would be very happy with your scenario.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 12:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I could just select our first three picks (in realistic spots), I would choose as follows:

1.)Billy Price, C, Ohio State- Some will try to play the game of “slide and get him later in Rd 1”, but I’m not risking it and I also don’t want to risk Ragnow being gone in Rd 2.  This guy is tough as nails, a vocal leader, and immediately upgrades what many believe (I’m one of them) is our greatest weakness.

2.)Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma- A lot of people will kill me for this one, but this guy has length and strength that are just too rare to pass up.  So he laid an egg at the combine, he was a consensus first round pick by virtually every scout before the combine.  I honestly think the guy just rested after his bowl game and didn’t train like mad an additional two-and-a-half months for the combine.  He rested.  He probably thought he would just do well enough at the combine but his time off really showed compared to others that trained like there were (and are) millions on the line.  If the guy comes in and works hard in camp, he could be dominant on the right side for us for a very long time.   Watch what he did at Oklahoma and think what he can do with NFL training and Pollack training more drive-blocking.  The rushing attack would soar.

3.) Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF-  Forget the great story of overcoming his physical challenge, and watch his game tape.   This guy simply flies all over the field.  He is very instinctive, physical, and the exact same size as Odel Thurman coming out of college. His twin had an excellent rookie campaign at Seattle as a safety.  He is bigger and faster than his brother.   I love this kid.  Watched him every game.  Put him next to a healthy Burfict in Bickel...no more check downs for 15 yards.

Those are my hopeful first three picks.  I know we also get a pick at the end of Rd 3, but I wanted to just do my fav top 3 picks.

Thoughts?  Who are your hopeful first 3?

Definately want Price and Griffin, definately two of my favorite players in this draft.

Also understand why you like Orlando so much. In the games he was good, especially in pass protection. Not as good as i
would like in the running game for a guy his size though and i think he falls to the 3rd round cause of this and that terrible
Combine performance. My hopeful first 3 rounds?

Isiaah Wynn in the 1st, Frank Ragnow in the 2nd, Shaqueem Griffin and Rasheem Green in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately want Price and Griffin, definately two of my favorite players in this draft.

Also understand why you like Orlando so much. In the games he was good, especially in pass protection. Not as good as i
would like in the running game for a guy his size though and i think he falls to the 3rd round cause of this and that terrible
Combing performance. My hopeful first 3 rounds?

Isiaah Wynn in the 1st, Frank Ragnow in the 2nd, Shaqueem Griffin and Rasheem Green in the 3rd.

Where would you play Wynn? RG?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Where would you play Wynn?  RG?

Yes sir.

Or RT if Fisher doesn't improve or LT if Glenn gets hurt. Dude is so versatile and smart he can play every position.

I think Wynn will be a star and he single handedly can insure the entire O-line.

I do like Westerman and Redmond but Westerman is more of a LG/backup Center and Redmond is purely a RG.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Where would you play Wynn?  RG?

I would play Wynn wherever you need a strong OLman.  He can play all 5 positions, now we have Glenn and Boling on the Left side, so Center, RG, or RT.  Just put him in camp and let the best players play wherever they are the best fit.

We have floated a few OL that played multiple positions over the years, but none of them really caught on.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that really can play any spot if needed?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would play Wynn wherever you need a strong OLman.  He can play all 5 positions, now we have Glenn and Boling on the Left side, so Center, RG, or RT.  Just put him in camp and let the best players play wherever they are the best fit.

We have floated a few OL that played multiple positions over the years, but none of them really caught on.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that really can play any spot if needed?

Sure would. Wynn just seems to adjust naturally like nobody i have seen. He is extremely smart with great feet and hands.

Adjusts on the fly and twists and blitzes just don't bother him, smooth.

Not to mention he can play nasty and physical, just what Pollack was saying he wants in his O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would. Wynn just seems to adjust naturally like nobody i have seen. He is extremely smart with great feet and hands.

Not to mention he can play nasty and physical, just what Pollack was saying he wants in his O-lineman.

Go to his draft profile, look at his picture.  Tell me that man doesn't like to be physical with his opponents..   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Go to his draft profile, look at his picture.  Tell me that man doesn't like to be physical with his opponents..   LOL

Wynn is all bidness. He is here to win is good ole Wynn. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would play Wynn wherever you need a strong OLman.  He can play all 5 positions, now we have Glenn and Boling on the Left side, so Center, RG, or RT.  Just put him in camp and let the best players play wherever they are the best fit.

I like it in theory, but if he is that good at the tackle positions, why isn't he projected to go earlier?  Maybe he is, and some teams might give him a try at one of the tackle spots, but start him off at Guard.  That's what we did to Whit.  I just can't picture bringing in a rookie and not having a dedicated position for him to train for from Day 1.  The future could include a development of other spots, but as a rookie, I think he would project as a RG and I actually really like Redmond there.  If he was going to be a better RT than Orlando Brown (maybe he is, I don't know) than I could see taking him, but Center is still a glaring weakness and I think we can get Brown in Rd 2. 

Wynn sounds like a hell of a player, and he could improve our guard play, but our line still sucked with Zeitler, largely because of who he had on both sides of him.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 06:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would. Wynn just seems to adjust naturally like nobody i have seen. He is extremely smart with great feet and hands.

If they did decide to draft him in Rd 1, I would like to see him get the shot at RT.  Unless they think he can play Center for them, and I like the idea better of a guy like Price or the kid from Iowa, or Ragnow.  If he is that good, he could significantly upgrade RT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it in theory, but if he is that good at the tackle positions, why isn't he projected to go earlier?  Maybe he is, and some teams might give him a try at one of the tackle spots, but start him off at Guard.  That's what we did to Whit.  I just can't picture bringing in a rookie and not having a dedicated position for him to train for from Day 1.  The future could include a development of other spots, but as a rookie, I think he would project as a RG and I actually really like Redmond there.  If he was going to be a better RT than Orlando Brown (maybe he is, I don't know) than I could see taking him, but Center is still a glaring weakness and I think we can get Brown in Rd 2. 

Wynn sounds like a hell of a player, and he could improve our guard play, but our line still sucked with Zeitler, largely because of who he had on both sides of him.  

You might check out the video, posted by the OP in this thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Isaiah-Wynn-Breakdown-video

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might check out the video, posted by the OP in this thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Isaiah-Wynn-Breakdown-video

I thought I was the OP?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If they did decide to draft him in Rd 1, I would like to see him get the shot at RT.  Unless they think he can play Center for them, and I like the idea better of a guy like Price or the kid from Iowa, or Ragnow.  If he is that good, he could significantly upgrade RT.  

My Dream has changed SHRacer, i don't know if Wynn will be there at 21 now and Ragnow has grown into my favorite Center
in this Draft over Price or Daniels. Ragnow is from the SEC, is bigger and nastier than Daniels with much more power and has
longer arms than Price. My new Dream 3...

1st round - Frank Ragnow C Arkansas
2nd round - Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
3rd round - Rasheem Green DE USC
3rd round - Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 06:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My Dream has changed SHRacer, i don't know if Wynn will be there at 21 now and Ragnow has grown into my favorite Center
in this Draft over Price or Daniels. Ragnow is from the SEC, is bigger and nastier than Daniels with much more power and has

I would take it, but if I am trying to predict what I think the Bengals will do then I believe the first rounder would be a LB (so Marv doesn't act like a little bytch for not getting one), then your OT in the 2nd and likely the C in the third.  Not what I want, but I simply don't believe that without a transcendent player at C coming out, they won't select one in the first round.  

I don't see a top DE falling to them, nor do I see a tackle like McGlinchey at #21 either.  I could, however, see one of the top LB prospects, like Leighten V, being there since he projects as a MLB.  I wouldn't love him, as it seems he struggles to wrap up people.  Maybe that could be trained in to hand and arm strength, but something just seems to be missing on his tackles.  

The Bengals only signed Brown to a one-year deal and Burfict is very unreliable.  
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 06:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My Dream has changed SHRacer, i don't know if Wynn will be there at 21 now and Ragnow has grown into my favorite Center

I doubt that Lamar Jackson is there at #21, but if some team wants to trade up to #21, and there are still 3 quality centers on the board....well, I think that would be the best case scenario for me.  Slide to #25 or something and pick up an additional pick...hopefully a 2nd.  Then, I believe the Bengals could take a center or a player like Wynn.  

I would be very happy if they got a guy like Wynn in Rd 1, Ragnow and Brown in Rd 2, and Griffin in Rd 3.  They would also still have a pick at the bottom of Rd 3 to maybe go after a safety they covet.  
Reply/Quote
Solid first three picks. I really think the first two picks are the most likely realistic scenario for the Bengals as well. Price or Daniels or Ragnow whichever that Pollack likes the most fills our biggest weakness right away. Then Orlando Brown has the connections and size that screams Bengals selection in the 2nd. It is possible he could fall to the 3rd but no guarantee after he performed better at his Pro Day. The guy was once thought to be a top 10-15 pick and they might land him in the 2nd similar to what they did with Carlos Dunlap and Joe Mixon previously.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would take it, but if I am trying to predict what I think the Bengals will do then I believe the first rounder would be a LB (so Marv doesn't act like a little bytch for not getting one), then your OT in the 2nd and likely the C in the third.  Not what I want, but I simply don't believe that without a transcendent player at C coming out, they won't select one in the first round.  

I don't see a top DE falling to them, nor do I see a tackle like McGlinchey at #21 either.  I could, however, see one of the top LB prospects, like Leighten V, being there since he projects as a MLB.  I wouldn't love him, as it seems he struggles to wrap up people.  Maybe that could be trained in to hand and arm strength, but something just seems to be missing on his tackles.  

The Bengals only signed Brown to a one-year deal and Burfict is very unreliable.  

Beliema the same coach that coached up the current best Center in the NFL Travis Frederick, coached Frank Ragnow and he said
himself that Ragnow is the best he ever coached. If that is not a transcendent Center prospect i don't know what is.

(04-05-2018, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I doubt that Lamar Jackson is there at #21, but if some team wants to trade up to #21, and there are still 3 quality centers on the board....well, I think that would be the best case scenario for me.  Slide to #25 or something and pick up an additional pick...hopefully a 2nd.  Then, I believe the Bengals could take a center or a player like Wynn.  

I would be very happy if they got a guy like Wynn in Rd 1, Ragnow and Brown in Rd 2, and Griffin in Rd 3.  They would also still have a pick at the bottom of Rd 3 to maybe go after a safety they covet.  

Yeah, i would trade back with say Jacksonville and grab Ragnow and an extra 3rd. This would be the best scenario IMO.

Plus like you said, would make it more likely they take a Center. If Wynn is picked before 21 i could see this happening.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with those picks: good players that address needs.

That being said, why not "dream" bigger ;-)
My dream mock would have three first round talents dropping to the Bengals picks haha.
Reply/Quote
My dream?

1. Will Hernandez
2. Frank Ragnow

after that I could care less who we drafted.
Reply/Quote