Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Email To The Ticket Office
I figure it couldn't hurt to at least try to get tickets from the dicks that buy them in the crippled section, so I sent this email to the ticket office:

Quote:Hello,

I am in a wheelchair from a car wreck when I was 15. I have been going to most regular season games since 2004 but never bought season tickets because I never needed to.

I couldn't buy season tickets or individual game tickets in the handicapped section on the lower level for this season because it says that it is sold out, but I know for a fact that very few people that buy tickets for the handicapped section are handicapped or need them for any reason. I went to the playoff game and didn't see anyone in the handicapped section that needed them.

Is there any way that we can buy the tickets from the people that don't need the tickets and that are just taking advantage of the people that need them?

Thank you for any help.

Brad Fritz

What do you think? Anything I should add? Any chance of it working?

I've been pretty disappointed because this team is going to be amazing to watch, especially when we improve the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figure it couldn't hurt to at least try to get tickets from the dicks that buy them in the crippled section, so I sent this email to the ticket office:

I've been pretty disappointed because this team is going to be amazing to watch, especially when we improve the offensive line.

You letter sounds fine to me.

I'm sorry. I remember a dialogue you had on this earlier this year. It's quite irresponsible of the stadium to have a dedicated handicapped section and then just open it to anyone. I hope that you letter works out to correct this.
Reply/Quote
I use the handicapped seats and don't use a wheelchair. But I cannot do stadium stairs due to severe arthritis. There are plenty of people like me. You can't assume someone's physical ability just by looking at them. We also sit with our family members who choose not to make us sit alone. Maybe the alternative would be to expand the handicapped sections

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think it's good you're calling attention to this. I doubt the ticket office or management team intends for this to happen.

Let's hope they take action.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figure it couldn't hurt to at least try to get tickets from the dicks that buy them in the crippled section, so I sent this email to the ticket office:

Yeah, I would not send that draft. I would send something more along the lines of this to the season ticket office:

"I am a lifelong fan of the Bengals, and I am wheelchair bound due to a car accident I suffered in High School. I have been going to most regular season games since 2004, but have never bought season tickets because I have never needed to. I am requesting help in purchasing season (or single game, whatever you want) tickets for the upcoming season. I would call, but I utilize a computer to speak so I'm hoping this letter will suffice. Since I need wheelchair accessible seats, I am unable to see any listed for purchase, as the lower bowl states it is sold out. Although I realize not all physical limitations are visible, I often see people in the wheelchair section utilizing seats who do not appear to need them. I'm hoping someone could look into this and get back with me if there are tickets available for purchase."

Your draft comes on as you are going on the attack, without first addressing the situation nicely. First off, you do not know for a fact people in the seats in the handicapped section don't need them. They could have a missing leg, they could have COPD or heart problems, etc. There are all kinds of physically limiting things that are not visible to the eye. You are probably right and they are taking advantage, but you don't KNOW that.
And no, the Bengals cannot force someone who purchased tickets to sell them to you. You might inquire what kind of documentation or confirmation of need they ask for when selling those seats. I'd be nice at first and see how far that gets you.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: You letter sounds fine to me.

I'm sorry. I remember a dialogue you had on this earlier this year. It's quite irresponsible of the stadium to have a dedicated handicapped section and then just open it to anyone. I hope that you letter works out to correct this.
Yes, but it's illegal to ask them if they need them, which I can understand because, like below, a lot of people have disabilities or issues that you can't see and they might be upset or irritated by the question. 

Some people are just dicks.
(02-17-2022, 05:50 PM)pally Wrote: I use the handicapped seats and don't use a wheelchair. But I cannot do stadium stairs due to severe arthritis.  There are plenty of people like me.  You can't assume someone's physical ability just by looking at them.  We also sit with our family members who choose not to make us sit alone.  Maybe the alternative would be to expand the handicapped sections

That's fine that you need them but a lot of people don't need them and are just taking advantage of the situation. A member on here even admitted that he did it.

I'm sure that some of the people need them, but it's very highly unlikely that the Bengals suddenly started attracting fans who want to come to games that have issues that aren't visible like you do. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes, but it's illegal to ask them if they need them, which I can understand because, like below, a lot of people have disabilities or issues that you can't see and they might be upset or irritated by the question. 

That's fine that you need them but a lot of people don't need them and are just taking advantage of the situation. A member on here even admitted that he did it.

I'm sure that some of the people need them, but it's very highly unlikely that the Bengals suddenly started attracting fans who want to come to games that have issues that aren't visible like you do. 

Heck, when I went to the Monday Night (or Sunday) game against the Stealers 2 weeks after having my chest cracked for bypass surgery, I sat in the CLub level seats. Had to use a chair to get there though so I feel for you. The crowds are brutal and have no respect for your space.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: I think it's good you're calling attention to this.  I doubt the ticket office or management team intends for this to happen.  

Let's hope they take action.
I don't think that they intended for it to happen but it means they make more money, so I doubt they're too upset about it.
(02-17-2022, 05:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I would not send that draft. I would send something more along the lines of this to the season ticket office:

"I am a lifelong fan of the Bengals, and I am wheelchair bound due to a car accident I suffered in High School. I have been going to most regular season games since 2004, but have never bought season tickets because I have never needed to. I am requesting help in purchasing season (or single game, whatever you want) tickets for the upcoming season. I would call, but I utilize a computer to speak so I'm hoping this letter will suffice. Since I need wheelchair accessible seats, I am unable to see any listed for purchase, as the lower bowl states it is sold out. Although I realize not all physical limitations are visible, I often see people in the wheelchair section utilizing seats who do not appear to need them. I'm hoping someone could look into this and get back with me if there are tickets available for purchase."

Your draft comes on as you are going on the attack, without first addressing the situation nicely. First off, you do not know for a fact people in the seats in the handicapped section don't need them. They could have a missing leg, they could have COPD or heart problems, etc. There are all kinds of physically limiting things that are not visible to the eye. You are probably right and they are taking advantage, but you don't KNOW that.
And no, the Bengals cannot force someone who purchased tickets to sell them to you. You might inquire what kind of documentation or confirmation of need they ask for when selling those seats. I'd be nice at first and see how far that gets you.

I didn't realize the way it sounded but you're 100% right.

That does sound a lot better.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I would not send that draft. I would send something more along the lines of this to the season ticket office:

If this this is the truth..
Im sure the Team @ 1 Paul Brown Stadium will Honor above and beyond this specific request
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes, but it's illegal to ask them if they need them, which I can understand because, like below, a lot of people have disabilities or issues that you can't see and they might be upset or irritated by the question. 

I agree there are always people who take advantage of things.  Those folding chairs must be more attractive than I thought.  It is guessing which persons are doing so where we run into problems.  For all we know some of those people are using resold tickets from legitimate users who just couldn't go to the game. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I come from 2 perspectives. The first is my friend and I were verbally attacked for parking in a handicap spot. My friend has heart problems so the people did not know the facts. Secondly, I went to a sold out Reds game with a friend and sat in the cripple section. We bought the tickets from Stubhub so apparently someone was trying to make money on their disability because the Reds have checks. I am on disability but could have sat elsewhere. BTW a guy came up to us in an electric cart and said I'm sitting here. The usher checked his ticket and said he was further down. The usher said whomever buys the ticket has a right to sit here.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:50 PM)pally Wrote: I use the handicapped seats and don't use a wheelchair. But I cannot do stadium stairs due to severe arthritis. There are plenty of people like me. You can't assume someone's physical ability just by looking at them. We also sit with our family members who choose not to make us sit alone. Maybe the alternative would be to expand the handicapped sections

This is what I was going to add.
Reply/Quote
I had a friend when I was in the Air Force who lost a leg. He went to Walter Reed and was equipped with a prosthetic leg and was able to remain in the Air Force. To watch him walk in uniform you would have never known. One day he parked in a handicapped spot, because he was handicapped. He was walking into the store when he was stopped and read the riot act about parking in a handicapped spot. I asked him if he showed the other person his prosthetic leg. He said, no I didn't, I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

My wife has had cancer, neuropathy in her extremities, has part of one lung missing because of mold in her lung, has had to have about a foot of her colon removed, is unable to work and is on disability. But to look at her no one would know. I am sure sometimes we get stares when we park in a handicapped spot and we try not to use those spots as much as possible.

Not everyone has a disability that is as evident as a wheelchair, but I am sure like everywhere people abuse the system, which really sucks.

They need to have handicapped spots for wheelchair bound individuals that are separate than just handicapped spots. I know I have seen some sporting events, my hometown hockey team for example, that have a section that doesn't have bolted down seats to allow for wheelchair access and then seats that can be added for friends of the individual.

I wish you luck in getting a response from the stadium and sure hope they take your situation and come to a solution that helps you out.
Reply/Quote
Why would someone want to sit in the handicap section if given the choice?

Is it:

Cheaper

Better view

Access to facilities

More comfy seating
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is more a stadium management thing than a Zac thing, he's too busy to handle this.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:50 PM)pally Wrote: I use the handicapped seats and don't use a wheelchair. But I cannot do stadium stairs due to severe arthritis.  There are plenty of people like me.  You can't assume someone's physical ability just by looking at them.  We also sit with our family members who choose not to make us sit alone.  Maybe the alternative would be to expand the handicapped sections

Guessing these family members are not handicapped and if this is the case my question would be, how many non handicapped family members are allowed to sit with the handicapped ticket purchaser ? 

Would think that would be capped off at 1 to make the most room for those whose only options are these particular seats. 

But really have no knowledge of how this works. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Guessing these family members are not handicapped and if this is the case my question would be, how many non handicapped family members are allowed to sit with the handicapped ticket purchaser ? 

Would think that would be capped off at 1 to make the most room for those whose only options are these particular seats. 

But really have no knowledge of how this works. 

That's a good question. And then there was one poster who stated he got into the seats by accident a number of years ago and liked the seats, so continues to go back, with the justification that there are always many empty seats in the section. But this email to the office has indicated that the section appears to be sold out.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would someone want to sit in the handicap section if given the choice?

Is it:

Cheaper

Better view

Access to facilities

More comfy seating

I don't think it's cheaper. 

It is a perfect view. 

Seating is just fold up chairs or a wheelchair, so no. 

Can't access the facilities any easier.

A man called but I didn't answer because (a) I was flirting with the a friend of mine (she's actually from Anderson in Cinci) that's holds a bunch of records at TMU, (b) it was too loud to hear, and © I can't really talk anyways. I tried texting him back but I assumed it was a landline, but I didn't get that automatic response that it's a landline,, so who knows.
Reply/Quote
It was pretty hard finding anything about handicapped seating on the site.  What is there is pretty vague.

Quote:Handicapped Seating

Paul Brown Stadium has over 1,000 handicapped seating areas available. If you have special seating needs, please contact the Bengals ticket office at 513-621-8383. The ticket office is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Saturdays before a home game from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. On game day, handicapped seating can be arranged by visiting the North Ticket office (located between Gate B and Gate C on the north end of the stadium).

If you're not able to talk on the phone I would just go to the ticket page on their site and select the live chat option.  Alternately I would use the email address on the ticket site (Bengals.Tickets@bengals.nfl.net).

I'm sure they have criteria for handicapped seating.  When my father in law was ill with terminal cancer they allowed one or two people to sit with him in the handicapped seating.  I forget.  But that was a single game.  When they are selling season tickets I don't know whether sometimes a different member of the family can come instead of the handicapped person and sit in those seats.

There's no easy answer here.   If a handicapped season ticket holder can't make it to a game should they be forced to eat their tickets if they can't find another handicapped person to buy those tickets?  Is that what you'll be doing?

By the way, you don't necessarily have to restrict your seats to the lower bowl.  I believe handicapped persons can use the club elevators to get up to the upper level and the handicapped seating area is wheelchair accessible from there. 

Good luck!
Reply/Quote
I was diagnosed with MS, 8 months after getting married the 2nd time. I never know when the other shoe is going to drop, and I'll be severely handicapped. My former father-in-law (if I mentioned his name many of you would recognize it.) used to park in handicap spots because "they don't use them." Maybe karma has visited him since?

Anybody using the handicaped spaces at the stadium who isn't with a handicapped person or is not a handicapped person themselves should be ashamed! None of us know when we might become one of the handicapped. Leave those spaces to those who need them.
Reply/Quote