Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Insider information: Things I think I know heading in to the first day of the draft
(04-27-2017, 07:25 PM)bengalbiff Wrote: I'm not okay with drafting a tiny receiver and just leaving the D line to later rounds.  Yeah we got Geno later but when was the last time a DE we drafted did anything?  The answer Carlos.  Since then we got Hunt and Clarke.  But hey let's just draft another base end to play on the open end since its worked out so great so far.  There will be no pass rush at all again next year.

Eh, Antonio Brown is "tiny". Guess you wouldn't want that guy either.

We have plenty of tall receivers, we need speed.

Barnett i would be okay with cause he is a good pass rusher but if i was the other team i would just run it
at him everytime he was on the field. He is not good at stopping the run. If Allen or Thomas is there, we
will take one of them i am sure of it.

If not i am not finding the logic in taking a DE that cannot play 3 downs at 9 over a "tiny" WR that blows
by people and scores a TD 1 out of every 5 times he touches the ball.

(04-27-2017, 07:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Carlos even fell a bit due to the "lack of motivation" label scouts gave him and also a DUI charge.

True. We were talking about him in the 1st round at our pick and lots including me didn't want the guy
there. He has turned into a great player and a great man though i must say. Love ole Carlos.
Reply/Quote
Love to find another Carlos in this draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haven't looked over everything in this thread, but Howard would open up the running game just as much as Ross would because he can slip deep and force the safeties to stay in the middle of the field, which it would be even more dangerous because he can break either way or go straight down the field, making the safeties cover a lot more area, whereas a safety only has to cover a wideout in one third.

Ross also isn't too sure-handed, which we need in our possession receiver.

Receivers like Ross are a dime a dozen and he doesn't fit what we need, so I hope you're wrong. We had Henry when Carson was in his prime and, as much as Dalton has improved, his arm still isn't what Carson's was.

Mike Brown says he doesn't really run things anymore, but not taking Howard because we have those other guys would be a typical Mike/Bengals move in thinking that, just because we have bodies, they're good enough.

I saw "high on Billings" and thought it said "high on Bodine" and I almost rolled off a cliff.

I don't think there's any pass rushers worthy of a top ten pick that will be available when we pick.
Reply/Quote
Holy Shit!!! QBs are gone, Browns hold #25....can anyone say AJ McCarron???

Please, please,please
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Haven't looked over everything in this thread, but Howard would open up the running game just as much as Ross would because he can slip deep and force the safeties to stay in the middle of the field, which it would be even more dangerous because he can break either way or go straight down the field, making the safeties cover a lot more area, whereas a safety only has to cover a wideout in one third.

Ross also isn't too sure-handed, which we need in our possession receiver.

Receivers like Ross are a dime a dozen and he doesn't fit what we need, so I hope you're wrong.  We had Henry when Carson was in his prime and, as much as Dalton has improved, his arm still isn't what Carson's was.

Mike Brown says he doesn't really run things anymore, but not taking Howard because we have those other guys would be a typical Mike/Bengals move in thinking that, just because we have bodies, they're good enough.

I saw "high on Billings" and thought it said "high on Bodine" and I almost rolled off a cliff.

I don't think there's any pass rushers worthy of a top ten pick that will be available when we pick.
We totally lack speed so he does fit a lacking area.. i think we would have went offense line if it was better at guard.. also i liked Allen but i will also admit.. Allen is DE/DT.. not the edge rusher we might want.. i also think the Bengals as many on here were very high on Billings.. they just might think he is the guy next to Atkins this year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:12 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'm sure that's true, but it doesn't ease my concerns that the Bengals would give out info that could be used by other teams.  

But, having said that, I'm still a glutton for the kind of news you provided so a big  :andy: to you.  

I guess it's just bittersweet. 

I saved this until two days before the draft...any NFL GM that scours message boards for info would not be a GM for long.  Frankly, I was surprised to hear Lapham support him as well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I saved this until two days before the draft...any NFL GM that scours message boards for info would not be a GM for long.  Frankly, I was surprised to hear Lapham support him as well. 

I think when we could have drafted Howard  or traded back to 27 and got a 3rd this year and a 1st next year it was a no brainer...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:07 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow Mellow

There's confidence in your players and then there is full blown cognitive impairment. If they truly feel this way it is most likely to be due to the latter. 

I believe he will be fine as well. I wondered why we had him playing RT when he's supposed to be our future LT
 Seems they effed up his LT learning curve to me. I loved this pick and I'm hoping he pans out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I saved this until two days before the draft...any NFL GM that scours message boards for info would not be a GM for long.  Frankly, I was surprised to hear Lapham support him as well. 

Not looking to get into a back and forth, but my point is that enough fans of other teams know about our board at this point and especially given that Lap also gives out info enough in advance (even a few hours is great advantage for a rival GM to know who we're picking especially if they're targeting that player, so they could trade up ahead of us), that I wish the Bengals would be a little more tight lipped.  My issue is with the Bengals not you.
Reply/Quote