Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Last Thoughts About Mixon.
(05-06-2017, 02:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Nice post TKUHL....and I agree with the premise of it all. Only one thing I disagree with.....Chad Johnson had his issues AFTER playing in Cincy.

My bad. I know he had at least 2 DV charges, I thought one was as a Bengal and the other after he left. I think your right though. I should have looked into it first. On a side note, one other thing I wanted to get off my chest about all this is the misconception that it's a DV case which it's not. It was an altercation between two strangers that got out of control fast. Wish the media will at least call it what it is. Some are which is why I listed past professionals with assaults.

And I agree with another post on here about Pac Man. Mixon is going threw the ringer for 1 chance, yet a grown ass man like Pac Man is on his 7th? 8th? 10th? And has shown no signs of learning from his mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: All true.  We were obviously one of the 4.  I hope this doesn't blow up in our face. Right now....all signs point to it being a good risk. That said...I don't really know what lengths the Sooners went to in order to ensure that.  They may have had him on lockdown for all we know.  I've made peace with the pick....might as well.  I believe in second chances...and in a moment of disgust and weakness.....I made a big error of judging the young man. That's not my place or style.  I still wish he got his chance elsewhere.......probably wouldn't feel as strongly about that if Smackman had been sent packing....but it is what it is.

I'm glad to hear some of this because there for a couple of days I was actually afraid to say anything to you.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:36 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Adam schefter contacted all 32 teams prior to the draft .  28 teams told him mixon off their board.  I doubt he would report a made up lie on Espn.

(05-06-2017, 02:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: The only thing that is not true is your last claim.

[Image: 88c378f86d149fc8df61727b780fb5e6_400x400.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: 88c378f86d149fc8df61727b780fb5e6_400x400.png]

Where are your facts?  Posting a lame azz gif doesn't make anything a fact.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: He had visits with over half the teams in the league...So there there's some people that are full of it.

Having a visit doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Maybe they weren't happy with his interviews, I don't know.  Schefter has nothing to gain by reporting after the draft what clubs told him privately before the draft.  He's just doing his job.  Do you have the list of the teams he visited?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:19 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Having a visit doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Maybe they weren't happy with his interviews, I don't know.  Schefter has nothing to gain by reporting after the draft what clubs told him privately before the draft.  He's just doing his job.  Do you have the list of the teams he visited?

Lol here's a prepre draft article.
https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/scouting-joe-mixon-process-features-15-pre-draft-visits/amp/

Schaffer is quoted in it saying 

Quote:“No speed dating,” Schaffer said. “And really, how much can you get to know someone in 15 minutes. It forced everyone to bring him in. Everyone who has brought him in has remarked how remorseful he is about what he did when he was 18 … and that he’s deserving of a second chance.

After this he comes out AFTER the draft and said those same people removed him from their board? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Apparently.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Apparently.

Sounds wishy washy to me man lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He's on the team now, so there's nothing that can be done about that. All we can do is hope that he views what he's done as wrong and learns from it. I simply wish him Karma... If he's a good guy that screwed up badly, I hope that he has a great career. The thing is though, if there are several more incidents.... Brown may still not cut him... Fans of other teams all view the Bengals the same way and it isn't flattering. The team has earned the reputation that they have. Every media person is saying that they knew the Bengals would be who drafted this person. The pacman thing is a fn joke. Hopefully this guy isn't another in Browns comedy act.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol here's a prepre draft article.
https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/scouting-joe-mixon-process-features-15-pre-draft-visits/amp/

Schaffer is quoted in it saying 

After this he comes out AFTER the draft and said those same people removed him from their board? 

It's like someone else said, it's way of being sanctimonious after the fact.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Sounds wishy washy to me man lol.

I see your wishy washy and raise you a total BS.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:14 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Where are your facts?  Posting a lame azz gif doesn't make anything a fact.

Read the messages it pertains to Einstein.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 02:31 AM)McC Wrote: I hope he makes every team that took the high road deeply regret that decision.

I don't know how many teams actually took the high road.  I believe the vast majority either pre judged him without looking beyond the admittedly disgusting video or just didn't want the bad press.  Neither of those really meets the high road definition. The only better response than the Benhals' in my opinion would be to draft him and mentor him a year before agreeing to use his talents.  I'm fie with the way the Bengals handled it.

And don't get me started on the press.

Im all for boycotting the TV station that did their grand standing about boycotting the Bengals.  If ever there was a more parasitic bunch of hypocrites..
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 09:43 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know how many teams actually took the high road.  I believe the vast majority either pre judged him without looking beyond the admittedly disgusting video or just didn't want the bad press.  Neither of those really meets the high road definition. The only better response than the Benhals' in my opinion would be to draft him and mentor him a year before agreeing to use his talents.  I'm fie with the way the Bengals handled it.

And don't get me started on the press.

Im all for boycotting the TV station that did their grand standing about boycotting the Bengals.  If ever there was a more parasitic bunch of hypocrites..

The same station that calls the incident disgusting but won't hesitate to keep showing the tape.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 08:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: Read the messages it pertains to Einstein.

Hey dilbert, do you have anything remotely factual, relevant or meaningful to add to this discussion?  I didn't think so either.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea why you all are arguing about misrepresentations of non-verifiable "what if" scenarios that have nothing to do with his roster status here. There are exactly two questions that need answering:

1) is Joe Mixon a Bengal (on the roster) or not? Y/N
2) is it September yet? (Rhetorical/hopeful)
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: My bad. I know he had at least 2 DV charges, I thought one was as a Bengal and the other after he left. I think your right though. I should have looked into it first. On a side note, one other thing I wanted to get off my chest about all this is the misconception that it's a DV case which it's not. It was an altercation between two strangers that got out of control fast. Wish the media will at least call it what it is. Some are which is why I listed past professionals with assaults.

And I agree with another post on here about Pac Man. Mixon is going threw the ringer for 1 chance, yet a grown ass man like Pac Man is on his 7th? 8th? 10th? And has shown no signs of learning from his mistakes.

No worries brother....and I agree with you again. Your OP was an outstanding post with good points. Props.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 04:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm glad to hear some of this because there for a couple of days I was actually afraid to say anything to you.  

Shouldn't have been.....I can take differing opinions so long as there's no snide remarks involved. That's not how you roll...so there would have been no issues.  I just don't want a repeat of the Henry/Thurman fiasco.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hey dilbert, do you have anything remotely factual, relevant or meaningful to add to this discussion?  I didn't think so either.

LOL  Chill Ben.....he was agreeing with us!

Reply/Quote
Why are we debating on what an ESPN talking head said? Mixon is on a team, our team. Move on. I don't understand the discussion here.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote