Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Post Minter/Smith Draft
I think i need to chill with the mocks for awhile. Just setting myself up for a let down. Anyway I would love a draft like this.

Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee - Pass rusher we lacked last year.

Round 2 Pick 9: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) - True rec. threat. Imagine him this season on the field with Eifert. Might be the only year if they let Eifert walk. But him with Eifert, Green, Boyd =Scary.

Round 3 Pick 9: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma - Not the biggest fan of the guy but love the player. Imagine him on an offense with the players listed above.

Round 4 Pick 9: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - At 6'2 209 he's a good size CB with great ball skills, 8 Int's last season with 70 tackles.

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky - 6'5 307 decent size with good arm length and great strength. 4 year starter. Would like a C sooner but I dont think they draft one before the 4th.

Round 5 Pick 9: Jermaine Eluemunor, OG, Texas A&M - 6'4 332lbs This guy is a strong bulldog. Great Value here.

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville - 6'4 217 Player Comp. Kam Chancellor with Elite size, great in coverage and tough enough to blitz. Could be the gem of the draft. Let this guy roam the field. Has some red flags, hope he stays clean.

Round 6 Pick 9: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - 6'3 194 good height and speed. tough vertical and red-zone threat. Player Comparison is Marvin Jones. Hmmm

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss 6'1 319 great potential.

Round 7 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado - Underrated player with great ball skills. 63 tackles and 7 Ints last season. Could make the roster at FS

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia - Game fast guy. This is our KR/PR Would also take KD Cannon or TJ Logan here but they were gone.
Reply/Quote
Lol Wow...nobody likes this. I would be on cloud 9 if this was our draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 02:34 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol Wow...nobody likes this. I would be on cloud 9 if this was our draft.

I always feel like I'm a dark cloud when I comment on your drafts....

1.  Barnett is a good fit.  If he's there, he's a no-brainer.
2.  Njoku - I don't think he will be there.
3.  Mixon - I don't think he will be there.

Other than that - I like the picks, just don't think round 2 and 3 are realistic.
Reply/Quote
Barnett is growing on me, so I would be satisfied with that pick especially since its addressing arguably the most needed position on this team (pass rusher/DE). If Njoku is there for us in the 2nd we better be running up to the podium with that pick. I doubt he'll be there but ya never know. I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly where Mixon will land, therefore I don't think its any safer to assume him sliding to the third versus him going in the top 20 of the 1st... Love the Toth pick and overall pretty solid draft man.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 02:34 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol Wow...nobody likes this. I would be on cloud 9 if this was our draft.

It's kind of a draft that's both good and bad to me.  

Barnett isn't worth a Top 10 pick, IMO.  However, when combined with Njoku in 2 and Mixon in 3, the first two days fall great.  You get your legit Top 10 talent in Mixon, plus two other first round talents.  You got your pass rusher and a pair of great weapons for the struggling offense.

However, the third day is just brutally bad, if I'm being honest.  

Douglas will have a hell of a time making the roster.  We are absolutely loaded at CB and Jones isn't going to be cut.  Shaw and Russell are our 5 and 6, and we have that CB we signed whose name escapes me fighting for a spot, too.  Even if he makes it over those guys, he's not an appreciable upgrade, and he won't make it to the PS if cut.

Toth's stock has been falling and I see him going in the 6th in a lot of mocks.  I'm not sure if he can beat out TJ for the backup C spot, especially with the Bengals valuing versatility and TJ's ability to play G.  We could very well be trying to sneak both 4th rounders onto the PS.

I really don't see Jermaine making the roster, either.  Bolling is safe, Westerman was rated as high as the 2nd last year, and Andre has been declared the starting RG.  W won't keep 4 G's, and if there's an injury, they will likely keep Toth and TJ.

H-C can probably push Fej off the roster and Reynolds should stick and be able to contribute in a year or two.  The others will have an uphill battle to make the roster, but should be able to be developed on the PS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good draft. Hits a lot of needs.

Personally, though, I'd rather have Donta Foreman as a RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You have to ignore any mock that has Mixon going in the 3rd.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:47 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think i need to chill with the mocks for awhile. Just setting myself up for a let down. Anyway I would love a draft like this.

Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee - Pass rusher we lacked last year.

Round 2 Pick 9: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) - True rec. threat. Imagine him this season on the field with Eifert. Might be the only year if they let Eifert walk. But him with Eifert, Green, Boyd =Scary.

Round 3 Pick 9: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma - Not the biggest fan of the guy but love the player. Imagine him on an offense with the players listed above.

Round 4 Pick 9: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - At 6'2 209 he's a good size CB with great ball skills, 8 Int's last season with 70 tackles.

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Jon Toth, C, Kentucky - 6'5 307 decent size with good arm length and great strength. 4 year starter. Would like a C sooner but I dont think they draft one before the 4th.

Round 5 Pick 9: Jermaine Eluemunor, OG, Texas A&M - 6'4 332lbs This guy is a strong bulldog. Great Value here.

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville  - 6'4 217 Player Comp. Kam Chancellor with Elite size, great in coverage and tough enough to blitz. Could be the gem of the draft. Let this guy roam the field. Has some red flags, hope he stays clean.

Round 6 Pick 9: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - 6'3 194 good height and speed. tough vertical and red-zone threat. Player Comparison is Marvin Jones. Hmmm

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss 6'1 319 great potential.

Round 7 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado - Underrated player with great ball skills. 63 tackles and 7 Ints last season. Could make the roster at FS

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia - Game fast guy. This is our KR/PR Would also take KD Cannon or TJ Logan here but they were gone.
I would take Joe Mixon in a heartbeat,for anyone that doubts this guys suberb talent,go watch film of him.He is an extremely polished runner,the best I have seen in a long long time and he is 6ft 1in and 240.He is so damn good at running the rock,I for sure want him.I would take him in the second as he will not last past that. He is the best running back by far in this draft.I want to draft him big time.He is a game-changer.watch his tapes.
Reply/Quote