Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My bets for the season
Thought I would post my bets for the season.

Last year I bet a total of 1000 and got back $10375. Pretty good year.

i really like the Bengals chances even more this year. As expected the odds are not as great as last year.
I am adding the NFC Detroit Lions to my bet this year. They have pretty good odds.

So here are the bets I placed at BarStool Sports.

Bengals
$1000 Bengals over 9.5 wins - (Even) - Get back $2000
$500 Super Bowl - (22-1) - Get back $11,500
$200 AFC Champion - (12-1) - Get back $2600
$200 AFC North - (Even) - Get back $400
$100 Joe Burrow MVP - (11-1) - Get back $1200
$100 Zac Taylor COY - (30-1) - Get back $3100

Lions
$500 Lions win total over 6.5 - (Even) - Get back $1000
$50 NFC Champion - (50-1) - Get back $2550
$100 NFC North - (Even) - Get back $1100

Total bet would be $2,500
Total return could be $25,450
Reply/Quote
Interesting. On that list, I like the over 9.5 the best. Of course, you never know. A key injury here or there.

Burrow as MVP looks good.

The ones I don't like are the Lions one and the Taylor for COY. We made it to the SB last year, so it's going to be hard for Taylor to top that.

But, yeah that's how betting works. I wish you luck and hopefully you win big!
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting. On that list, I like the over 9.5 the best. Of course, you never know. A key injury here or there.

Burrow as MVP looks good.

The ones I don't like are the Lions one and the Taylor for COY. We made it to the SB last year, so it's going to be hard for Taylor to top that.

But, yeah that's how betting works. I wish you luck and hopefully you win big!

Just like last year I put more money on the Over for both teams to cover my other bets. The over win total for the Bengals and Lions will cover all my bets if I win with $300 to spare. The reason I like the Lions is they have a top 3 Offensive line and I think Goff is just as good as Stafford. If you think about the Super Bowl , Stafford got a lot of credit but had we had this year's Off Line we would have blown the Rams out. I believe the MVP and COY is something that is earned over 2 years. Both Burrow and Taylor could have easily won the award last year but did not have a strong 2020. This year they will get their rewards if they have similar years to last year. I know the Lions winning the NFC is a long shot but I got the odds for that reason. If the Lions play Bengals in the Super Bowl I will be a happy man. As long as Bengals and Lions go over their win total I will be a wealthy man. 
Reply/Quote
Zac will not win COY because they usually look at a coach who has made a huge improvement.

Even if we have a very good regular season I doubt people will see it as a huge improvement over '21. We would have to go 14-3 or better and be the #1 seed from the AFC.

Plus there will always be a big crowd that gives all the credit to Burrow instead of Taylor.
Reply/Quote
Good luck and I hope you sweep on all the Bengals bets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac will not win COY because they usually look at a coach who has made a huge improvement.

Even if we have a very good regular season I doubt people will see it as a huge improvement over '21.  We would have to go 14-3 or better and be the #1 seed from the AFC.

Plus there will always be a big crowd that gives all the credit to Burrow instead of Taylor.

Mike Vrabel won COY for the 2021 season despite essentially the same record as 2020.  He won because the team won despite serious injury issues during the season.  Yes, big improvement is a thing so is overcoming adversity.  In Zac's case, he could win it by exceeding expectations.  The team is picked to be good but we are hearing the voting pundits already rank them 2nd or 3rd in the division and many are saying we won't even make the playoffs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:12 PM)pally Wrote:  we are hearing the voting pundits already rank them 2nd or 3rd in the division and many are saying we won't even make the playoffs.

But the majority are saying we are in the top 6 to 8 teams in the league.

Only in Bengal-fan victim-land are we being left out of the playoffs by the majority of pundits.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the majority are saying we are in the top 6 to 8 teams in the league.

Only in Bengal-fan victim-land are we being left out of the playoffs by the majority of pundits.

He'd have to go like 17-0 or like 15-2 to win COY.
Reply/Quote
Hope you win all that dough SuperBowlBound! I agree with others that Zac winning coach of the year after not winning
it last season kind of makes that one unlikely but yah never know. Dude is young and keeps learning. He sure isn't the
perfect HC yet that is for damn sure, he has tons of improve on, same with all the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thought I would post my bets for the season.

i really like the Bengals chances even more this year. As expected the odds are not as great as last year.
I am adding the NFC Detroit Lions to my bet this year. They have pretty good odds.

Bengals
$300 Zac Taylor COY - (100-1) - Get back $3100

Lions

Total bet would be $2,700

From my perspective at the worst you win a couple hundred.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 05:22 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Just like last year I put more money on the Over for both teams to cover my other bets. The over win total for the Bengals and Lions will cover all my bets if I win with $300 to spare. The reason I like the Lions is they have a top 3 Offensive line and I think Goff is just as good as Stafford. If you think about the Super Bowl , Stafford got a lot of credit but had we had this year's Off Line we would have blown the Rams out. I believe the MVP and COY is something that is earned over 2 years. Both Burrow and Taylor could have easily won the award last year but did not have a strong 2020. This year they will get their rewards if they have similar years to last year. I know the Lions winning the NFC is a long shot but I got the odds for that reason. If the Lions play Bengals in the Super Bowl I will be a happy man. As long as Bengals and Lions go over their win total I will be a wealthy man. 

Goff is just as good as Stafford at what?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 09:07 PM)jason Wrote: Goff is just as good as Stafford at what?

At QB. 

I think Goff will have as good if not better QB rating this coming year. than Goff.

I am putting my money down on what I believe.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 08:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: From my perspective at the worst you win a couple hundred.

That is what I think as well.

Betting on the Lions gives me something to root for in the NFC.

I did go to the Lions/Bengals game last year in Detroit. If you have never been it is worth the trip.
Easy drive and Detroit was a cool city. I think the downtown area has been revitalized kind of like Cinicnnati.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:34 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: At QB. 

I think Goff will have as good if not better QB rating this coming year. than Goff.

In '17 and '18 Goff averaged 4200+ yards and 30 tds for a Super Bowl level Rams team.  That was not bad, but nothing compared to what Stafford did when he got on a Super Bowl level Rams team (4886 yds, 41 td).
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Thought I would post my bets for the season.

Bengals
$300 Zac Taylor COY - (100-1) - Get back $3100

Lions

Total bet would be $2,700
Congrats on the winnings. I remember you posting last year and thought it was an interesting side note to the season after they won the AFC north. Good luck this year. I really like the Lions bets as I thought they played some really good football for what they're record showed last year. With the weapons they've added they could be a real surprise team this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the majority are saying we are in the top 6 to 8 teams in the league.

A lot of NFL guys are predicting us to come in 3rd in the North and with the talent added in the rest of the AFC it would be tough to make the playoffs if we were 3rd. I think that has probably changed with Watson looking like he might have a season long suspension. I think the AFC north is gonna be tough this year. I think the Steelers are gonna be better than a lot of people think unfortunately. But I still think we can win the division and hopefully we can take care of business against the Browns this year that would be good to see.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In '17 and '18 Goff averaged 4200+ yards and 30 tds for a Super Bowl level Rams team.  That was not bad, but nothing compared to what Stafford did when he got on a Super Bowl level Rams team (4886 yds, 41 td).

Goff is an average-below average qb who was carried by the scheme and talent around him

In Stafford’s case, you saw what a good qb can do with that offense
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: $300 Zac Taylor COY - (100-1) - Get back $3100

I'm guessing the typo is that it was 10-1 odds right?

Some interesting bets in there. I hope the Lions do win the NFC North. That'd be a heck of a turnaround. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 06:44 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I'm guessing the typo is that it was 10-1 odds right?

Some interesting bets in there. I hope the Lions do win the NFC North. That'd be a heck of a turnaround. 

Good catch. Yes, that is a typo.

I see them as high as 18-1
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 06:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Congrats on the winnings. I remember you posting last year and thought it was an interesting side note to the season after they won the AFC north. Good luck this year. I really like the Lions bets as I thought they played some really good football for what they're record showed last year. With the weapons they've added they could be a real surprise team this year.

They were in a lot of games and I think they play hard for Coach Campbell.

Peneii Sewell came on strong last year.
Their center Frank Ragnow (Pro Bowler) was out a lot of the year.
Jonah Jackson is a Pro Bowler.

I think they will definitely win more than 7 games and challenge for the NFC North.
Green Bay may take a step back after losing Adams. We will see.
Aaron Rodgers may be the reason Adams was as good as he was.

If the Bengals win the AFC North and finish with AFC home field advantage ZT will win COY.
Watch Dan Campbell and the Lions have a great year and Campbell ends up getting COY.
Reply/Quote