Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bone spurs are acting up...
(11-21-2018, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll leave it to you and Benton to have the grammar discussion. 

Perhaps Dill can be of assistance; he was last time. 

[Image: cross-wood.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-20-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the issue at hand. I was simply pointing out the need to look for a cloud in front of every silver lining. You helped demonstrate the dynamic. Thanks. 

And I was simply pointing out how Trump supporters claim you "can not find fault" when Trump tells a lie.

You proved my point perfectly.

What a great leader. Ninja
(11-21-2018, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll leave it to you and Benton to have the grammar discussion. 

Perhaps Dill can be of assistance; he was last time. 

This one is not really about grammar, more about logic and semantics.

I can still be of help, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-20-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Waiting on Benton to ask you who stated what you quoted. I'm sure he'll be along anytime now.

I think the problem with your comment was that it came in a post where you provided a link to a story.

In my post there was no misunderstanding about the quote being from a story I linked.
(11-21-2018, 02:31 PM)Dill Wrote: This one is not really about grammar, more about logic and semantics.

I can still be of help, though.

(11-21-2018, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think the problem with your comment was that it came in a post where you provided a link to a story.

In my post there was no misunderstanding about the quote being from a story I linked.

Oh, I had 0 doubt that your use of the quotation was different and correct. Otherwise folks would have to look into their bias. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-21-2018, 03:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I had 0 doubt that your use of the quotation was different and correct. Otherwise folks would have to look into their bias. 

lol "bias."    That word is EVERYWHERE nowdays--in place of analysis and demonstration.  
It's amazing that children would besmirch the integrity of their father for this reason:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/daughters-late-podiatrist-claim-diagnosed-donald-trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war-favor-134618527.html

Quote:Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel — the daughters of Dr. Larry Braunstein, who died in 2007 — say their father was one of Fred Trump’s tenants at the time, setting up his podiatry practice in the Trump-owned Edgerton Apartments in Jamaica, Queens. Though they are unsure whether their dad actually examined the then 22-year-old Donald Trump, the sisters say that he often spoke of signing off on the diagnosis that kept Trump out of the war. The doctor also gave them the impression that Trump didn’t actually have bone spurs, but he said otherwise to help keep him out of the draft, they say.

Not to mention the integrity of the NY Times chose to run it on the front page

(12-26-2018, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's amazing that children would besmirch the integrity of their father for this reason:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/daughters-late-podiatrist-claim-diagnosed-donald-trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war-favor-134618527.html

Not to mention the integrity of the NY Times chose to run it on the front page

So you think she's making it up? How do you know that?
(12-26-2018, 11:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you think she's making it up? How do you know that?

No where did I say she/they were making it up.

I think it is disrespectful to muddy the name of your father without evidence and it's worse of the NYT to roll with it and trampled the late DR's name further.

(12-26-2018, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No where did I say she/they were making it up.

I think it is disrespectful to muddy the name of your father without evidence and it's worse of the NYT to roll with it and trampled the late DR's name further.

If she isn't lying she isn't being disrespectful to her father and NYT isn't wrong for printing it.
(12-26-2018, 11:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: If she isn't lying she isn't being disrespectful to her father and NYT isn't wrong for printing it.

Of course it is disrespectful (not showing respect). No one has any proof; other than she said and the NYT is guilty of lack of journalistic integrity, as I said their actions are worse than the daughters'. They may truly be stating what they remember. There's nothing to be gained other than disrespecting the memory of a deceased MD. 

Because the issue at hand is the integrity of the DR. Not whether or not the current POTUS used nefarious means to dodge his civic duty.
(12-26-2018, 11:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Because the issue at hand is the integrity of the DR.   Not whether or not the current POTUS used nefarious means to dodge his civic duty.

Of course many affluent youths had their medical conditions embellished to avoid the draft, (see Bill Clinton) but this article doesn't even state POTUS did it; it suggests his father made it happen.

So yes, the point is the integrity of the medical professional. But the bigger point, as I have mentioned, is the NYT making it front page "news".

(12-26-2018, 11:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it is disrespectful (not showing respect). No one has any proof; other than she said and the NYT is guilty of lack of journalistic integrity, as I said their actions are worse than the daughters'. They may truly be stating what they remember. There's nothing to be gained other than disrespecting the memory of a deceased MD. 

Again, how is it disrespectful to tell the truth?  (You don't know if she is lying.)  The father told the daughter.  She told the NYT.

Good thing you don't always defend Trump.   Ninja
(12-27-2018, 12:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Again, how is it disrespectful to tell the truth?  (You don't know if she is lying.)  The father told the daughter.  She told the NYT.

Good thing you don't always defend Trump.   Ninja

I cannot type it any slower. 

Tough situation. By exposing that Trump didn't have bone spurs, you're saying your dad was a liar.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-27-2018, 12:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Tough situation. By exposing that Trump didn't have bone spurs, you're saying your dad was a liar.

Exactly my point.

What are your views on NYT running it as front page "news"?

(12-27-2018, 12:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly my point.

What are your views on NYT running it as front page "news"?

I imagine it helped sell papers, and the fact that it was one of the last stories on the front page doesn't really bother me.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-27-2018, 12:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I imagine it helped sell papers, and the fact that it was one of the last stories on the front page doesn't really bother me.

But did you read the title of the article? Doesn't bother you though.