Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bone spurs are acting up...
(11-14-2018, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally I haven't chimed in on the thread because I have 0 idea what it is referring to. I do know that it has been reported that Trump claimed bone spurs to avoid Military Service; however, I do not know how that correlates to it raining. 

In regards to one of the links provided:
I do not think Arlington is the best place to hold a dedication service for Veterans Day; seems, appropriate for Memorial Day. An appearance at a retirement home or a VA facility would be more in order. But if our goal is to complain; we're going to find something to complain about. 

To the bold I may be mixing it up, but I thought Bush and Obama both went to Arlington and laid wreaths. How far back that goes, I'm not sure. Maybe 2001? Like I said, I may be mixing it up with something else, but I was thinking Bush had gone out in a downpour and then dropped his "new clear" mic bomb.

I did see something in one of the stories complaining that while Trump skipped out on Arlington, he did offer a Veteran's Day sale on his merch. So, that's something. I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-13-2018, 04:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That group honestly believes that the economy was just horrible prior to him taking office.

Putting a 17% deficit in your budget is just spending money you don't have. Everybody can't do that. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(11-14-2018, 02:56 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold I may be mixing it up, but I thought Bush and Obama both went to Arlington and laid wreaths. How far back that goes, I'm not sure. Maybe 2001? Like I said, I may be mixing it up with something else, but I was thinking Bush had gone out in a downpour and then dropped his "new clear" mic bomb.

I did see something in one of the stories complaining that while Trump skipped out on Arlington, he did offer a Veteran's Day sale on his merch. So, that's something. I guess.

Oh, I absolutely believe POTUS should do something to commemorate Veterans Day, he is the CIC after all. I just disagree with it being an Arlington Ceremony. IMO Memorial Day is when we honor the fallen. Veterans Day is when we honor veterans past and present.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-14-2018, 07:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I absolutely believe POTUS should do something to commemorate Veterans Day, he is the CIC after all. I just disagree with it being an Arlington Ceremony. IMO Memorial Day is when we honor the fallen. Veterans Day is when we honor veterans past and present.   

Makes sense.

I don't know the history of presidents at Arlington on veterans day. I had more of an issue of him spending millions to go to France to honor the fallen and then sitting in his hotel room while several other world leaders honored theirs. Hell, even Germany showed up.
(11-14-2018, 08:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Makes sense.

I don't know the history of presidents at Arlington on veterans day. I had more of an issue of him spending millions to go to France to honor the fallen and then sitting in his hotel room while several other world leaders honored theirs. Hell, even Germany showed up.

LOL "if our goal is to complain; we're going to find something to complain about. " LOL
In Fox interview Trump says Secret Service refused to let him go to that cemetery in France.

So blame them, not the Donald.

If you are the type to believe him.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/417331-dem-rep-dismisses-trumps-excuse-of-busy-schedule-for-not-visiting-troops

Quote:Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.) on Sunday dismissed President Trump's claim that he hasn't visited U.S. troops overseas because of a "busy schedule."

Beyer noted in a tweet that Trump has frequently spent time as president golfing and visiting his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

"Asked by Chris Wallace why he has has not visited American troops stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan since he took office, Trump cites his 'unbelievably busy schedule.' So far he has spent 1 of every 4 days golfing, and 2-3 months at Mar-a-Lago," Beyer, whose father was an Army lieutenant colonel, wrote.

Earlier Sunday, Trump said on "Fox News Sunday" that his busy schedule has prevented him from visiting U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He added that no president has "been more with the military than I have" and said he would ultimately visit them. 

"I don’t think anybody’s been more with the military than I have, as a president. In terms of funding, in terms of all of the things I’ve been able to get them, including the vets. I don’t think anybody’s done more than me," he said.

"I’ve had an unbelievable busy schedule and I will be doing it. On top of which you have these phony witch hunts. On top of which — I mean, we’ve just been very busy. But I will be doing that," he added.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-19-2018, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In Fox interview Trump says Secret Service refused to let him go to that cemetery in France.

So blame them, not the Donald.

If you are the type to believe him.

Trump is in charge of the Secret Service. Not vice versa.
(11-14-2018, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: Remember when Obama didn't go to remember the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg?!?!

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/190733-website-woes-force-obama-to-skip-gettysburg-ceremony

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/obama-snubs-150th-anniversary-of-gettysburg-address/442776/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/obama-no-show-gettysburg-150th-anniversary-fete/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/11/11/obamas_stunning_snub_120627.html

Last one is great:

Lincoln was asked to speak here only as an afterthought. The request for Obama to speak has been sought for more than a year.
It would be an occasion for him to honor a crucial time in our past, to create a historical bridge to today.
His dismissal of the request shows a man so detached from the duty of history, from the men who served in the White House before him, that it is unspeakable in its audacity.
Ask almost any person in this historic town; even his most ardent supporters here are stunned.
Obama long ago veered away from any affinity he may have believed he had with Lincoln, which gives credibility to the criticism that his connection to Lincoln was always a political calculation rather than a true bond.

Journalist helping readers understand what this "diss" really means. 
At the risk of "defending Trump" he did take full responsibility for not going to Arlington and saying it was a mistake not to go.

I'm sure we cannot find fault in that:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/even-when-admitting-he-made-mistake-trump-makes-mistake

Quote:Even when admitting he made a mistake, Trump makes a mistake

(11-20-2018, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure we cannot find fault in that:

Not if you once again just ignore facts about your Donald.

He claimed he went in 2017, but he didn't.

How is that not a mistake?

"Sure, what he said was a 100% lie, but he said it like a common man instead of a career politician.  So there was really nothing wrong with that."
(11-20-2018, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not if you once again just ignore facts about your Donald.

He claimed he went in 2017, but he didn't.

How is that not a mistake?

"Sure, what he said was a 100% lie, but he said it like a common man instead of a career politician.  So there was really nothing wrong with that."

Waiting on Benton to ask you who stated what you quoted. I'm sure he'll be along anytime now.

As to the issue at hand. I was simply pointing out the need to look for a cloud in front of every silver lining. You helped demonstrate the dynamic. Thanks. 

(11-20-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Waiting on Benton to ask you who stated what you quoted. I'm sure he'll be along anytime now.

As to the issue at hand. I was simply pointing out the need to look for a cloud in front of every silver lining. You helped demonstrate the dynamic. Thanks. 

All he demonstrated was that in his admitting a "mistake" (not a mistake btw... a choice) Trump also lied.  Again.
(11-20-2018, 11:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: All he demonstrated was that in his admitting a "mistake" (not a mistake btw... a choice) Trump also lied.  Again.

So choices cannot be mistakes? 

As to the lying: He could have gotten it mixed up with Memorial Day. But as I said to Fred: I appreciate you demonstrating the dynamic. 

I guess I was wrong. Benton is all out of Grammar lessons suddenly. 

(11-20-2018, 03:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Trump is in charge of the Secret Service. Not vice versa.

I’m not so sure about that. Also it would be really stupid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-20-2018, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So choices cannot be mistakes? 

As to the lying: He could have gotten it mixed up with Memorial Day. But as I said to Fred: I appreciate you demonstrating the dynamic. 

I guess I was wrong. Benton is all out of Grammar lessons suddenly. 

I equate it to Eldrick Woods saying he "made a mistake" when he had 20 affairs while married.  He made a choice.

A mistake would be if Trump did in fact confuse his Memorial Day activities with his Veteran Day ones.  But he made a choice to not go...he didn't mistakenly not go.

I appreciate you at least admitting you feel obligated to defend Trump no matter what.  
(11-21-2018, 12:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: I equate it to Eldrick Woods saying he "made a mistake" when he had 20 affairs while married.  He made a choice.

A mistake would be if Trump did in fact confuse his Memorial Day activities with his Veteran Day ones.  But he made a choice to not go...he didn't mistakenly not go.

I appreciate you at least admitting you feel obligated to defend Trump no matter what.  

Got it. Choices cannot be mistakes.

I have now heard everything in the forum. 

(11-20-2018, 11:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m not so sure about that.  Also it would be really stupid.

https://www.quora.com/Can-the-US-president-override-the-secret-service-instruction-on-his-safety

So if Trump REALLY wanted to go he could have made an issue and gone.  But it was raining, darn it.
(11-21-2018, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Got it. Choices cannot be mistakes.

I have now heard everything in the forum. 

In retrospect someone can say "The choice I made was a mistake" but it's not the same.

Do you think Woods "made a mistake" 20 times?  Or did he make a choice and then decide it was a mistake to make that choice?
(11-21-2018, 12:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: In retrospect someone can say "The choice I made was a mistake" but it's not the same.

Do you think Woods "made a mistake" 20 times?  Or did he make a choice and then decide it was a mistake to make that choice?

I'll leave it to you and Benton to have the grammar discussion. 

Perhaps Dill can be of assistance; he was last time.