Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My concerns WJack...Green...communication on D.
William Jackson looked like he regressed a bit today. Hilton was able to get inside him clean today and make some clutch plays. he allowed a TD to.Hilton and a 1st down conversion.
AJ Green continues to have ball security issues. Elite WRs dont cough the ball up.
2 is 2 too many.
the defensive back 7 isnt on the same page. they were killed all day with crossing routes over and over. Ebrons TD looked a classic case of "you were supposed to cover him" kinda exchange..
Dennard looked a step.slow all day
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: William Jackson looked like he regressed a bit today. Hilton was able to get inside him clean today and make some clutch plays. he allowed a TD to.Hilton and a 1st down conversion.
AJ Green continues to have ball security issues. Elite WRs dont cough the ball up.
2 is 2 too many.  
the defensive back 7 isnt on the same page. they were killed all day with crossing routes over and over. Ebrons TD looked a classic case of "you were supposed to cover him" kinda exchange..

I thought our Corners played excellent overall. Elite QB at home in a dome, what do you expect?  

We let them dink and dunk us which i found annoying but we didn't get beat over the top. 

Overall you make no sense. 

If anything, I was expecting more pressure from our front 4 than what we had considering they have an inferior o line. 
Reply/Quote
My only concern is Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:14 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I thought our Corners played excellent overall. Elite QB at home in a dome, what do you expect?  

We let them dink and dunk us which i found annoying but we didn't get beat over the top. 

If anything, I was expecting more pressure from our front 4 than what we had considering they have an inferior o line. 

Throw in the fact that they had no way to know what to really expect from the Colts.  Reich called an excellent game.  He's a great coach, has been since way back when he was Kelly's backup.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:14 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I thought our Corners played excellent overall. Elite QB at home in a dome, what do you expect?  

Agree mostly.

Our front four got very little pressure the first 40 minutes. I was getting pretty disappointed until Carlos started getting there, Willis caused some noise as well. But it didn't matter because Luck had the practice red jersey on. The refs just didn't tell us !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: William Jackson looked like he regressed a bit today. Hilton was able to get inside him clean today and make some clutch plays. he allowed a TD to.Hilton and a 1st down conversion.
2 is 2 too many.

Antonio Brown 15 career fumbles
Julio Jones 8 career fumbles
OBJ 6 career fumbles

So yes, elite WRs DO give up the ball from time to time.

Reply/Quote

the Colts game plan was to get the ball out Lucks hands within 2.5 seconds.Constanza was shelved 
Im sorry 39 completions is unexcusable. 
our CBs did very little to disrupt the WR routes
i saw too many free releases.
you ever heard of coverage sacks? 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Antonio Brown 15 career fumbles
Julio Jones 8 career fumbles
OBJ 6 career fumbles

So yes, elite WRs DO give up the ball from time to time.

AJ Green - 12 career fumbles

Funny - 2 of those fumbles were on rushing plays

Here are AJ's career rushing stats:
11 attempts, 93 yards, 5 first downs, 2 fumbles

Look we all love Green and he will be forgiven - but he needs to be called out when he deserves it. 

Reply/Quote
You might not hear me say it again for a long time, but...Dre played very well today.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:07 PM)snowy Wrote: You might not hear me say it again for a long time, but...Dre played very well today.

Yes he did, and we need to give props to the entire defense for not missing too many tackles.
Reply/Quote
It was obvious the colts were content to just throw 8-10 yds in and slants. I only remember a few passes past 20 yds all day. Should have played more press and let the line get to Luck, but it looked like Austin was happy to give some cushion and let hem have he little stuff, just not give up the big shots.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:10 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: It was obvious the colts were content to just throw 8-10 yds in and slants. I only remember a few passes past 20 yds all day. Should have played more press and let the line get to Luck, but it looked like Austin was happy to give some cushion and let hem have he little stuff, just not give up the big shots.

Winner! Ding! Ding! Ding!

You nailed it! Teryl Austin dialed up a “man over” defense where Andrew Luck could have the slants and short out routes but the longer routes were taken away by the safeties over the top. It’s frustrating to watch because it looks like the defense is getting owned but in actual fact it turns touchdowns into field goals.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:07 PM)snowy Wrote: You might not hear me say it again for a long time, but...Dre played very well today.
yea, his coverage was good, but he should of had 2 pics. 
Reply/Quote
Once the secondary settled a bit down things improved, but yes I badly wanted them to go to press man coverage as it is what you do when a team is playing quick underneath pass offense. It is what Zim would do and notice under him we were a league leader in defensive third down percentage.
Reply/Quote
People have been pumping WJ3 up all off season. I'm not saying hes not good, but let's wait until we crown him as all pro. His sample size is just too small to anoint him as best corner in the league.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Yes. Dre played amazing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:04 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: AJ Green - 12 career fumbles

Funny - 2 of those fumbles were on rushing plays

Here are AJ's career rushing stats:
11 attempts, 93 yards, 5 first downs, 2 fumbles

Look we all love Green and he will be forgiven - but he needs to be called out when he deserves it. 

Not saying he shouldn’t be called out, I’m dispelling the claim elite wrs don’t fumble. That’s nonsense. Brown has 3 more than AJ and he’s widely regarded as the best WR in the league.

Reply/Quote

When he dropped the sure pick, did anyone other than me think, oh, shit?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Winner! Ding! Ding! Ding!

You nailed it!  Teryl Austin dialed up a “man over” defense where Andrew Luck could have the slants and short out routes but the longer routes were taken away by the safeties over the top.  It’s frustrating to watch because it looks like the defense is getting owned but in actual fact it turns touchdowns into field goals.

They converted just about every single third down. That is inexcusable. The soft zone crap is fine every now and then, but to do it all game long? Ridiculous... Made the game way to easy for Luck. We have got to step up the aggressiveness from time to time, especially on third down.

That kind of defensive game planning is exactly why Chuck Bresnahan was a complete failure.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They converted just about every single third down. That is inexcusable. The soft zone crap is fine every now and then, but to do it all game long? Ridiculous... Made the game way to easy for Luck. We have got to step up the aggressiveness from time to time, especially on third down.

That kind of defensive game planning is exactly why Chuck Bresnahan was a complete failure.  

Did you happen to notice that Luck had a 6.0ypa? The Colts know what kind of rush the Bengals have so they augmented their already dink and dunk offense with a whole lot more dink and dunk. They were checking down their check downs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote