Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts
We played great in the first half. Here are my takeaways

-Andy was sharp and on target in the first half
-defense- especially Lawson was phenomenal

-2nd half we abandoned what worked and played scared
-Gunther needs to go

-bullock was the obvious wrong choice I don't care if he doesn't miss another fg he costed us that game meanwhile Elliott nails a 61 yd fg for the wins another bungles mistake

The Oc did well for his first game thrown in there
-Lawson and burfict will be a force

If eiffert can't contribute get rid of his ass. This is ridiculous

-Marvin will give his normal smug post goat comments

-we gotta keep digging
-we did some good things
-we didn't execute
-smug stupid ass laugh

The toilet bowl is next week so either us or the browns will win atleast one brown either from Cleveland or Cincinnati will have a win

I'm tired of the bs changes need to be made
Reply/Quote
Dalton n his lack of leadership needs to go asap. n his poor accuracy
Reply/Quote
I forgot to add Adam jones needs to go. He's also useless. I'm fed up. When bullocks useless ass missed that fg I knew we would lose. There's a reason he's played for 24 teams he's awful
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:17 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton n his lack of leadership needs to go asap. n his poor accuracy

Dalton has the personality of a damn turnip. He wears his black wedding ring on the field. He just not that good he's a glorified jon Kitna. You have the best damn receiver in the game and it takes 3 games to get him the ball. There we're a few plays where he missed him wide open. Nice guys don't win football games I'm sorry. I'm sure he's a great person but a mediocre qb at best. If he would put more time into his game plan than his damn hair he might be decent. He just isn't that good
Reply/Quote
Basically I sum up our season this way:

-Our coaching is mediocre.
-Our roster is mediocre.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
Somehow I just knew I would come here and people would be saying we should have kept Elliott, even though they say "let the best man win" and Bullock won the kicking contest in camp, and that these same people complained Elliott did not have enough leg strength..... Anyway, the whole team played better today, and it looks like Lazor is going to make Mixon "the guy" with Bernard to spell him, so I am happier than I was before the game started. Besides, at least the whole AFCN lost today...
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick need to sit. William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard play better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somehow I just knew I would come here and people would be saying we should have kept Elliott, even though they say "let the best man win" and Bullock won the kicking contest in camp, and that these same people complained Elliott did not have enough leg strength..... Anyway, the whole team played better today, and it looks like Lazor is going to make Mixon "the guy" with Bernard to spell him, so I am happier than I was before the game started. Besides, at least the whole AFCN lost today...

Elliott was a rookie in the preseason bullock has a few years on him. Elliott had the stronger leg and just needed to gain experiencee. I saw bullock last yr, I saw enough I don't give a damn how well he did in preseason, the dude sucks and I have zero faith in him. He is one step above nugget plus we wasted a 5th round pick on someone we gave 4 useless preseason games to prove his worth. If anything I hope Marvin gets fired, take Alexander and Pauline with him
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Adam Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick need to sit. William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard play better.

Dre gets tourched on big plays while jones constantly gets called for pass interference
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:23 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Dalton has the personality of a damn turnip. He wears his black wedding ring on the field. He just not that good he's a glorified jon Kitna. You have the best damn receiver in the game and it takes 3 games to get him the ball. There we're a few plays where he missed him wide open. Nice guys don't win football games I'm sorry. I'm sure he's a great person but a mediocre qb at best. If he would put more time into his game plan than his damn hair he might be decent. He just isn't that good

There was ONE play where Andy missed an open receiver. I know your hatred of Andy blinds you to seeing this stuff but LaFell pulled up on the endzone pass for no reason - the ball was in the exact correct place and if he runs the play through it is a TD. And Andy was 21-27 so hardly inaccurate either. 

The reality is Lazor helped a bit but the huge issues on the OL are making it VERY difficult to get the offense into any sort of consistent rhythm. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: There was ONE play where Andy missed an open receiver. I know your hatred of Andy blinds you to seeing this stuff but LaFell pulled up on the endzone pass for no reason - the ball was in the exact correct place and if he runs the play through it is a TD. And Andy was 21-27 so hardly inaccurate either. 

The reality is Lazor helped a bit but the huge issues on the OL are making it VERY difficult to get the offense into any sort of consistent rhythm. 

It's not just this game look at the past two. He couldn't score a damn td. I don't hate Andy I'm being brutally honest. When he has a man he over throws him or missed him or stays in the pocket to take her another sack. Sure lazor helped big time but we aren't doing any damage this yr. we are a mediocre team. But we have all the weapons to be successful hopefully we will see ross in the next 5 years and eiffert as well.

This season is over happy birthday bengals I'm sure paul would be proud
Reply/Quote
If we get a high pick, I say we go QB. This is an incredible QB draft. And the difference between a talent like Rodgers and Dalton is easy to see.
Reply/Quote
I just cannot figure out why we never get anything when Dalton rolls out. I know Rodgers and the Packers are great at those plays, but we have to be one of the worst in the NFL during scramble drills. Every team seems like once or twice a game when the QB evades pressure and rolls out of the pocket he hits a WR for a 10-15 yard gain. I don't know if its the coaching, the WRs, Dalton, or a combination, but every time Dalton rolls out there is nothing there and he just throws it out of bounds. Most veteran QBs/teams find something on those plays where the receivers are running around for 7 seconds, but the play might as well be dead when Dalton evades the inevitable pressure.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: There was ONE play where Andy missed an open receiver. I know your hatred of Andy blinds you to seeing this stuff but LaFell pulled up on the endzone pass for no reason - the ball was in the exact correct place and if he runs the play through it is a TD. And Andy was 21-27 so hardly inaccurate either. 

Yeah that was a curious play. I think AJ Green catches it.

It's like Lafell didn't see it?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:38 PM)Brimey Wrote: If we get a high pick, I say we go QB.

You're solving the wrong problem. I'm not saying either Andy Dalton or AJ McCarron are the long term solution but without a proper offensive line no quarterback will succeed.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You're solving the wrong problem.  I'm not saying either Andy Dalton or AJ McCarron are the long term solution but without a proper offensive line no quarterback will succeed.

Going 1st Round QB is high risk/reward. Without a line, they'll be terrible. So then how do you fix the line?

At some point...we need to sign free agent lineman I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Going 1st Round QB is high risk/reward. Without a line, they'll be terrible. So then how do you fix the line?

I thought the line looked better today..maybe they gel. Fisher has been really bad though
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:48 PM)Brimey Wrote: I thought the line looked better today..maybe they gel. Fisher has been really bad though

They played Smith more and the Packers were missing their best DT and best Pass Rushing LB.

Put those 2 out there and we'd look worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somehow I just knew I would come here and people would be saying we should have kept Elliott, even though they say "let the best man win" and Bullock won the kicking contest in camp, and that these same people complained Elliott did not have enough leg strength..... Anyway, the whole team played better today, and it looks like Lazor is going to make Mixon "the guy" with Bernard to spell him, so I am happier than I was before the game started. Besides, at least the whole AFCN lost today...

Uhh no. You are just making shit up. You can't take random opinions, put them all together and generalize "everybody." That is just you creating your own bs story. There should not have even been a kicking contest in camp since WE SPENT A 5TH ROUND PICK DRAFTING THE GUY.

But please continue putting words in people's mouths making shit up if that makes you feel better
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Going 1st Round QB is high risk/reward. Without a line, they'll be terrible. So then how do you fix the line?

Fixing the offensive line will require a new position coach who isn't stuck in the 1990s. If that doesn't happen, you're right: Sign some free agents who came up in a better system. If that doesn't work, you shuffle your current players in every possible permutation until you come up with the least worst solution.
Reply/Quote