Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My thoughts on drafting WR first
So, I'm not in a crowd that lives or dies with how we pick this year. Sorry, but this was a good joke.

At the end of the day, 2 of the first 3 picks gotta be OL. I'm pretty adamant about that.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any of the three would be perfect in Cincy. Ja'Marr Chase is an explosive receiver that can line up at all the WR positions and a perfect compliment to Boyd and Higgins. You rarely see players like Kyle Pitts he can transform your offense and how other teams try to cover the offense. Penei Sewell is an athletically gifted offensive tackle and a big need for the team.

To me it isn't which one of these three the Bengals draft because anyone one of them would be an outstanding addition to the offense... it's what they do with the rest of the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:11 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Lawrence
Wilson
Jones
Atlanta

Who is in the know with Atlanta’s pick? Are they drafting Pitts or are they taking QB? If Atlanta takes QB, the Bengals are in the best spot in the draft as all 3 players tge bengals are targeting are right there at 5 and can entertain an offer only Mike Brown could refuse from Carolina, who probably wants a QB.

If Atlanta drafts someone else then it makes more sense to stay and take there guy.

Arthur Smith ran more 12 personnel than anyone in Tennessee, so Pitts makes a ton of sense for the Falcons. He would have an immediate impact with that offense and provide an incredible weapon for Matt Ryan. If they do stay put and go with Pitts, which I think they will, and Fields is still on the board...I expect the Patriots to come hard for that 5th pick. I think you could get their 1st 3 picks this year (15, 46, 96) and a 1st round pick next year. If the Bengals don't want to drop that far, they might be able to get Carolina and Denver bidding against each other.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:53 AM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: kiEpFJ_6G3gEegRActRGVAC6ZllFbuQ5K4eZlxOG...ce54fb3d5b]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:11 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Lawrence
Wilson
Jones
Atlanta

Who is in the know with Atlanta’s pick? Are they drafting Pitts or are they taking QB? If Atlanta takes QB, the Bengals are in the best spot in the draft as all 3 players tge bengals are targeting are right there at 5 and can entertain an offer only Mike Brown could refuse from Carolina, who probably wants a QB.

If Atlanta drafts someone else then it makes more sense to stay and take there guy.

I honestly hope the Falcons take a QB or Chase over Pitts so we can get him.

This guy could be more than special, could be great. Has everything you want in a Receiver.

The Draft is deep at OT for damn sake. Sewell isn't a sure thing and I don't just want to Draft someone cause someone else 
might look at me funny. I want a great team no one can stop and of course build the trenches, but building the trenches 
doesn't always start with your first pick in the Draft which is a crapshoot. OL in the first bust all the time and we oughta 
know this better than anybody. Pitts is like the Burrow of this Draft IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I honestly hope the Falcons take a QB or Chase over Pitts so we can get him.

This guy could be more than special, could be great. Has everything you want in a Receiver.

The Draft is deep at OT for damn sake. Sewell isn't a sure thing and I don't just want to Draft someone cause someone else 
might look at me funny. I want a great team no one can stop and of course build the trenches, but building the trenches 
doesn't always start with your first pick in the Draft which is a crapshoot. OL in the first bust all the time and we oughta 
know this better than anybody. Pitts is like the Burrow of this Draft IMO.
How many legit NFL calibur DEs did Sewell shut down at Oregon?
Wasnt there a mention of him.struggling vs Derrick Brown of Auburn?
Reply/Quote