Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts
My thoughts from the game:

Andy was efficient this game, but missed some throws that would have sealed it(and that he would have made in 2015).

Certain players were on fire.  Green and Atkins kicked ass.  Dunlap and Smith brought it.  Jackson/Dennard/Kirkpatrick played pretty well.  Lawson played extremely well for most of the game(looked gassed or figured out toward the end).

The team collectively looked super conservative in the 3rd quarter.  I kept thinking to myself about how they should zone blitz or play press man on first down to go for a negative yardage play.  They didn't...nor did they cover the sidelines aggressively.  Offense also didn't go for chunk yardage on first down very often.

The PI on Jones was some BS(incidental contact).  There were multiple intentional grounding calls/no calls that were questionable.  Bullock missed a 48 yarder for the loss.  Cheap ways to lose...but the Packers were missing some starters in critical positions.  

All in all, the team didn't look like an 0-3 team, but the loss did seem like a "typical" Marvin Lewis loss.  They became less aggressive with the lead and allowed the other team far too many free yards and opportunities to squeak back into the game.  They lacked the 60 minute bloodlust that was required to seal the deal.
Reply/Quote