Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My venting thread
I'm sure most of what I'm about to say has already been said numerous times considering all the traffic on the boards, but I still need to vent, so here goes...

1. How do the Steelers get away with so much BS? The NFL should look into the incidents involving Munchak and Porter. Suspensions should be issued and some rules probably need to be implemented. There's no place for that in the NFL. Of course, it seems the NFL only makes a move when there's intense media scrutiny. My guess is this gets swept under the rug. It shouldn't.

2. While I do think the Burfict hit on Brown crossed the line (kinda ticky-tack, but an illegal hit regardless), how the ____ was the hit on Bernard not illegal? Shazier nearly killed him. I was genuinely concerned for Gio as a person after that clearly illegal hit. Yet no penalty. Has the NFL released any statements on that hit?

3. I'm not going to roast Marv for this and I'm not one of those guys that questions every coaching decision. But considering Hill's past fumbling issues and the situation we were in, I think kneeling it to run out clock and kicking a FG to go up by 4 would've been a very smart coaching move. That said, a fumble - even for Hill - isn't exactly a probable outcome. So that's why I won't roast Marv for not kneeling.

4. 5 fumbles (WOW), 3 killer turnovers, 2 false starts from Whit, plus the meltdown by Tez and Pacman? I will roast Marv for that. Where's the discipline? Why do Marv's guys fall apart so much under pressure? Almost without fail?

5. On a positive note, despite the lack of discipline and turnovers, this is the first time that Marv's players have shown up for a playoff game. Some say the defense showed up in the Texans 2.0 game, but if you go back and watch the game or check the stats, the defense did not play up to their standards that day. In the previous 4 games, hardly any players showed up. Last night, so many guys made plays FINALLY. That's what made this the most heartbreaking Bengals game I've ever seen. Even more than 2005.

6. Andy Dalton has received probably 90% of the playoff blame over the last 4 years. Last night, McCarron joined Dalton and Palmer with a horrific playoff performance. 3 fumbles and a pick. 68.3 passer rating. The offense was AWOL for 3 quarters and was the primary reason we lost. I said a few years back that I don't think any QB can have success in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. Last night just further confirms it for me. I still like Macaroni, I don't place the blame on him. I just don't think Marv puts QBs in a position to succeed.

7. The optimistic side of me wants to say that this game could've went either way, I liked the effort, and with Dalton we probably would've won. Maybe we can finally win one next year. The pessimistic side of me wonders how many more chances this group is going to get. What if we miss the playoffs entirely? If they make it back, they'll probably just find a new way to blow it.

This is one of those times where I really wish the boards were more united. I could really use some Bengals group therapy after this one. I really thought I was witnessing a Bengals playoff win for the first time in my 20+ years as a fan, yet here we are, facing the same questions as the previous 4 off-seasons. Frustrating isn't the word.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I just cannot believe what I witnessed. In complete shock. One second we won the game, the next Hill fumbles and we meltdown. I truly don't believe I have ever watched a Bengal game that swung my emotions like that. From thinking we truly won to losing just minutes later. Sickening.
Reply/Quote
I dont understand why Hill was getting the majority of the carries to begin with. Gio has been the better back all year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm sure most of what I'm about to say has already been said numerous times considering all the traffic on the boards, but I still need to vent, so here goes...

1. How do the Steelers get away with so much BS? The NFL should look into the incidents involving Munchak and Porter. Suspensions should be issued and some rules probably need to be implemented. There's no place for that in the NFL. Of course, it seems the NFL only  makes a move when there's intense media scrutiny. My guess is this gets swept under the rug. It shouldn't.

2. While I do think the Burfict hit on Brown crossed the line (kinda ticky-tack, but an illegal hit regardless), how the ____ was the hit on Bernard not illegal? Shazier nearly killed him. I was genuinely concerned for Gio as a person after that clearly illegal hit. Yet no penalty. Has the NFL released any statements on that hit?

3. I'm not going to roast Marv for this and I'm not one of those guys that questions every coaching decision. But considering Hill's past fumbling issues and the situation we were in, I think kneeling it to run out clock and kicking a FG to go up by 4 would've been a very smart coaching move. That said, a fumble - even for Hill - isn't exactly a probable outcome. So that's why I won't roast Marv for not kneeling.

4. 5 fumbles (WOW), 3 killer turnovers, 2 false starts from Whit, plus the meltdown by Tez and Pacman? I will roast Marv for that. Where's the discipline? Why do Marv's guys fall apart so much under pressure? Almost without fail?

5. On a positive note, despite the lack of discipline and turnovers, this is the first time that Marv's players have shown up for a playoff game. Some say the defense showed up in the Texans 2.0 game, but if you go back and watch the game or check the stats, the defense did not play up to their standards that day. In the previous 4 games, hardly any players showed up. Last night, so many guys made plays FINALLY. That's what made this the most heartbreaking Bengals game I've ever seen. Even more than 2005.

6. Andy Dalton has received probably 90% of the playoff blame over the last 4 years. Last night, McCarron joined Dalton and Palmer with a horrific playoff performance. 3 fumbles and a pick. 68.3 passer rating. The offense was AWOL for 3 quarters and was the primary reason we lost. I said a few years back that I don't think any QB can have success in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. Last night just further confirms it for me. I still like Macaroni, I don't place the blame on him. I just don't think Marv puts QBs in a position to succeed.

7. The optimistic side of me wants to say that this game could've went either way, I liked the effort, and with Dalton we probably would've won. Maybe we can finally win one next year. The pessimistic side of me wonders how many more chances this group is going to get. What if we miss the playoffs entirely? If they make it back, they'll probably just find a new way to blow it.

This is one of those times where I really wish the boards were more united. I could really use some Bengals group therapy after this one. I really thought I was witnessing a Bengals playoff win for the first time in my 20+ years as a fan, yet here we are, facing the same questions as the previous 4 off-seasons. Frustrating isn't the word.

I thought so as well. I was 20 years old the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. When the AJ to AJ connection happened to give us the lead, I literally yelled 'F-CKIN HELL YEAH' as I jumped off the couch, stepping on my mastiff's tail and almost cracking my wife in the head with the bottle of Sam Adams that was in my hand. Then when Burfict intercepted the pass, I looked at my wife and said 'Finally, that damn monkey is off our back's'. 

Of course, we all know what happened next. Honestly, as it was unfolding, I didn't even get angry. I just got that all too familiar sinking feeling in my stomach, that we've all experienced too many times. When they kicked the winning field goal, all I could do was shake my head and ask my dog for forgiveness for smashing his tail.   Wasted
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont understand why Hill was getting the majority of the carries to begin with. Gio has been the better back all year.

The way the line had been run blocking since Dalton got hurt, it really didn't matter who the back is. The running game was bad the last few weeks with Gio too. If anything, it was better with Hill.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I thought so as well. I was 20 years old the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. When the AJ to AJ connection happened to give us the lead, I literally yelled 'F-CKIN HELL YEAH' as I jumped off the couch, stepping on my mastiff's tail and almost cracking my wife in the head with the bottle of Sam Adams that was in my hand. Then when Burfict intercepted the pass, I looked at my wife and said 'Finally, that damn monkey is off our back's'. 

Of course, we all know what happened next. Honestly, as it was unfolding, I didn't even get angry. I just got that all too familiar sinking feeling in my stomach, that we've all experienced too many times. When they kicked the winning field goal, all I could do was shake my head and ask my dog for forgiveness for smashing his tail.   Wasted

My kids were chanting Who Dey with me in the living room after the Green TD. My Wife was at work. When she got home, she asked WTF happened as she saw the score on her phone. Seeing as she's a Lions fan, I told her to just imagine the Aaron Rodgers hail mary...if it happened in a playoff game. The heartbreak couldn't have been worse if it were scripted.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont understand why Hill was getting the majority of the carries to begin with. Gio has been the better back all year.

I don't understand what you're talking about with Shake's comments.  He's talking about the fumble under 2 minutes left and Gio probably didn't know his name yet as he was recovering from the hit he took to the head.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm sure most of what I'm about to say has already been said numerous times considering all the traffic on the boards, but I still need to vent, so here goes...

1. How do the Steelers get away with so much BS? The NFL should look into the incidents involving Munchak and Porter. Suspensions should be issued and some rules probably need to be implemented. There's no place for that in the NFL. Of course, it seems the NFL only  makes a move when there's intense media scrutiny. My guess is this gets swept under the rug. It shouldn't.

I've seriously never doubted the integrity of the game itself before the game last night.
Now, I'm really beginning to wonder.  I'm starting to feel duped.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers get away with so much BS because they have the most fans in the league and that = ratings. Its a joke everyone outside of the NFL media knows it is.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We shot ourselves in the foot some last night, but we played hard.

That said.....this was a TOTAL hose job. I may just boycott the NFL after that utter bullshit.

FWIW.....Deion Sanders and James Harrison himself said the Burfict hit was not dirty.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Feel your pain brother.  My first reaction was to suggest that Marvin had failed by not preparing the players, especially the usual suspects (Burfict and Jones) to deal with what everyone knew what would happen against the Steelers.  But I've been reading lots today and different players were quoted that this was his main emphasis all week at practice, and for that matter all season.  I'm not sure that you can put it all on Marvin yet there's no ignoring the fact that his teams never seem to get it done.  You're right.  It is so damn frustrating.   I thought I was hardened to this stuff but this one hurt more than any other.   Maybe it was because it was so close. 
Reply/Quote
Rambling..

How this all started. (This year)

Game1 - Burfict comes back from what could have been a career ending injury against the Stoolers, makes legal tackle on Bell, Bell injured, celebrates because of tackle not injury, Stoolers see it differently and whats his name sends a threat to Burfict over Twitter.

Game2 - Burfict meets what's his name at midfield next game. Tyler Eifert gets a concussion for payback on Bell injury and Andy hurts himself.

Game 3 - Reggie Nelson runs dude out of bounds and gets his hair pulled by a coach. 1st Blood. Gio Bernard then get's drilled in the face on a illegal hit and is lost for the game along with the ball and points. Jeremy Hill get's mad, the crowd gets mad, and things heat up. Burfict sacks Jen legally and hurts him and fans throw shit at Jen because they are still mad for the no call on Shazier. Stooler fans hate Burfict even more now if that's even possible while at the same time ****ing James Harrisons ****.

Burfict intercepts football for what appears to be a clincher. Jeremy Hill then fumbles ball back on the very next play in what I believe to be the true reason we lost the game.

Jen makes "heroic" comeback and throws the ball to the best receiver in the NFL. Burfic tracks the play and lines to hit Brown legally but because of our luck Browns head decides to plant directly into Burficts shoulder. Flag 15

Another Stooler coach who has nothing to lose and is a professional trash talker, walks over to the guy that tried to trip that Ravens player on the sideline that one time and probably says something along the line of "I bet I can get those 2 guys to break and give us 15."

Mission accomplished, Bengals ****** out of first PO victory in 25 years.

Reply/Quote
Hardest part about this is always having to go back to work on Mondays and face all my co workers who are mainly Browns or steeler fans and defend my bengals I'll keep doin it but I'd lie if I said it doesn't hurt me
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Porter has always been, and will always be, a jackass.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burfic tracks the play and lines to hit Brown legally but because of our luck Browns head decides to plant directly into Burficts shoulder...

That "luck" was the additional coverage of Lewis-Harris pushing Brown hard into Burfict's shoulder.  
If not for that push, Burfict most likely avoids contact.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:53 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Hardest part about this is always having to go back to work on Mondays and face all my co workers who are mainly Browns or steeler fans and defend my bengals I'll keep doin it but I'd lie if I said it doesn't hurt me

Some mother ***** had the balls to wear a steelers hat at giant eagle last night. 

The Browns fans are easy to push off, lol, they're the brownies.

Steelers had no reason to win that game, Bengals lost it.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This loss alone has left an identical like feeling in my gut of when I found out my ex was having as affair. Really painful. However, unlike that incident, I won't divorce the bengals.

Reply/Quote
It's difficult to move on after things like that, like all women aren't like that - are they? who knows. I know I got allergic to happiness after my last ex dumped me. If I get happy, it's just going to end up going the wrong way again...lol. Reminds me of a few people in this forum that tell us to not get happy about regular season wins.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was without a doubt the most heartbreaking loss for me ever as a fan. Nothing compares to it. To go from one emotional high to the lowest of the low feeling in a matter of minutes. Still feel like we got hosed, but Hill's fumble created that whole mess.

I'd like to take a moment & apologize for anything that I wrote on here directly after the game. My emotions like everybody's were high & I had had way too much to drink at that point. I didn't go back & read any of my post from after the game and don't want to relive it in any way. 

I'll be back in the stands when I can & rooting them on from home next year as usual though. Rock On
&
I still say
**** you Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:16 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I've seriously never doubted the integrity of the game itself before the game last night.
Now, I'm really beginning to wonder.  I'm starting to feel duped.  

^^^^^^  I'm tired of this league, with it's piss poor and arbitrary officiating.  I couldn't care less about the rest of the playoffs, and their garbage "Super" Bowl.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote