• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy Is Impressing!
(06-20-2023, 04:32 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Joe Burrow is impressing

Tee Higgins is impressing

Logan Wilson is impressing

Tyler Boyd is impressing

Jessie Bates is impressing

It goes both ways

Yeah I was gonna say I remember hearing Geno Atkins was impressing. But I think that was during padded practices of training camp.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:32 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Joe Burrow is impressing

Tee Higgins is impressing

Logan Wilson is impressing

Tyler Boyd is impressing

Jessie Bates is impressing

It goes both ways

I mean this in a positive way, doesn’t it seem like this entire class “is impressing”? I’ve read articles on Murphy, Juan Drago, Battle, Charlie, and even Ivey. Can they all really be that good? If we’re lucky we get 3 starters out of the draft class. Average would probably be 1.5.

My money would be ion Juan Drago, Charles, Murphy bc he was first round pick and will get all the chances in the world to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:22 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I mean this in a positive way, doesn’t it seem like this entire class “is impressing”? I’ve read articles on Murphy, Juan Drago, Battle, Charlie, and even Ivey. Can they all really be that good? If we’re lucky we get 3 starters out of the draft class. Average would probably be 1.5.

My money would be ion Juan Drago, Charles, Murphy bc he was first round pick and will get all the chances in the world to make it work.

Murphy will start someday. Battle will start and D J Young will start. Charlie Jones I think will too. Chase Brown I think will replace Mixon in 2024. Isovias is the wild card.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Let's cools the jets until an actual game occurs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
People are going to hate having to deal with Hendrickson and Hubbard going 100% every snap beating them up then Ossai and Murphy coming in fresh as hell to give them a breather.

IDK how the rest of the league is looking. But I'm doubting there are many that could try to claim they have a better DE group than us. Murphy has the tools to be a special talent at DE and might end up being the best one on our team.
Reply/Quote
Elly De La Cruz is IMPRESSING !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People are going to hate having to deal with Hendrickson and Hubbard going 100% every snap beating them up then Ossai and Murphy coming in fresh as hell to give them a breather.

IDK how the rest of the league is looking. But I'm doubting there are many that could try to claim they have a better DE group than us. Murphy has the tools to be a special talent at DE and might end up being the best one on our team.

That's what I'm thinking and people are making jokes because I'm excited.

Also, it's the offseason so being excited about possibilities and player developments is pretty much the only thing we can do.
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with get excited about Bengals players?
Reply/Quote
I've been waiting all off-season to hear this one. Zach Carter up to 310 from 290 in 2022. I'm hoping some of these mid/late round defensive linemen they keep drafting develop.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 02:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Elly De La Cruz is IMPRESSING !

Very much so !! Wonder if he can play CB or WR ?

I'm sure hoping Murphy can come in and get some pressure going on opposing QB's
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People are going to hate having to deal with Hendrickson and Hubbard going 100% every snap beating them up then Ossai and Murphy coming in fresh as hell to give them a breather.

As mentioned Carter has put on weight. I think you are spot on out DE room being one of the best overall. If Carter comes on them the DL depth improved as well. Anxious to see the rotation on 2nd and 3rd and long. This team with a much better pass rush and much better OL is unmatched. Would make this team the best in the NFL. Yes the best.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 10:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: What's wrong with get excited about Bengals players?

Nothing. Same way there's nothing wrong with poking people that get really excited about new Bengals players. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 02:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Elly De La Cruz is IMPRESSING !

Yes, he is. And we have actual game stats on Elly, McClain, and Steer. The Reds are lucky that the Dominican Republic is big on baseball and not football, because at 6'5" and his blinding speed and quickness, Elly would probably have made a excellent WR.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 10:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: What's wrong with get excited about Bengals players?
That's what I'm saying! It's the offseason and we're a Super Bowl contender, so what's wrong about getting excited about players improving?

Sorry for getting excited about winning..........
(06-21-2023, 10:26 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been waiting all off-season to hear this one. Zach Carter up to 310 from 290 in 2022. I'm hoping some of these mid/late round defensive linemen they keep drafting develop.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/

LOVE IT!

Sounds like he understood what needs to be done to take the next step and he put in work to make it happen!

I'm not saying that he'll be as good as Geno, but, with how good our DE room will be, if he can get any pass rush from the 3 technique, our pass rush could be one of the best in the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 12:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I'm saying! It's the offseason and we're a Super Bowl contender, so what's wrong about getting excited about players improving?

Sorry for getting excited about winning..........

LOVE IT!

Sounds like he understood what needs to be done to take the next step and he put in work to make it happen!

I'm not saying that he'll be as good as Geno, but, with how good our DE room will be, if he can get any pass rush from the 3 technique, our pass rush could be one of the best in the league.

D J and B J aren’t great pass rushers but boy they can sure collapse the pocket and send them to the outside guys.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: D J and B J aren’t great pass rushers but boy they can sure collapse the pocket and send them to the outside guys.

We don't need them to be great pass rushers but, like you said, we need them to collapse the pockets, get a push, and occupy blockers.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 10:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Murphy will start someday. Battle will start and will start. Charlie Jones I think will too. Chase Brown I think will replace Mixon in 2024. Isovias is the wild card.

I'm guessing you meant Turner?  But yeah, I think that any of those guys could likely perform well enough to start if called upon.  If they ALL end up starting this year, then likely something terrible happened, and a lot of talented players were likely lost to injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm guessing you meant Turner?  But yeah, I think that any of those guys could likely perform well enough to start if called upon.  If they ALL end up starting this year, then likely something terrible happened, and a lot of talented players were likely lost to injury.

And I meant eventually and I include D J in that and will correct thanks

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 01:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We don't need them to be great pass rushers but, like you said, we need them to collapse the pockets, get a push, and occupy blockers.

D J is so underrated. Collapsing the pocket and knocking down passes doesn’t get its due. Our DL is stellar on rush defense (#5) Although overall it’s not top 10 it’s #2 in 4th qtr points allowed. It’s also #5 in points allowed. It’ll be interesting how the secondary plays. I’m more guarded than most. I think it takes awhile.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 02:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: D J is so underrated. Collapsing the pocket and knocking down passes doesn’t get its due. Our DL is stellar on rush defense (#5) Although overall it’s not top 10 it’s #2 in 4th qtr points allowed. It’s also #5 in points allowed. It’ll be interesting how the secondary plays. I’m more guarded than most. I think it takes awhile.

That’s what’s great about having a complete team: you have a bunch of guys just doing their jobs with things that don’t show up in the stats but allows other players to make more plays and it also betters the team.
Reply/Quote