Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy Is Impressing!
(06-21-2023, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nothing. Same way there's nothing wrong with poking people that get really excited about new Bengals players. 

I think you mean: Nothing!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 10:26 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been waiting all off-season to hear this one. Zach Carter up to 310 from 290 in 2022. I'm hoping some of these mid/late round defensive linemen they keep drafting develop.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/

Damn that is impressive.

I expect Tufele and Sample to put up a fight for playing time too. I'd think Sample has an advantage being a tweener capable of playing DT and DE in pass rushing situations.

I'd be pretty excited TBH about a pass rushing package with Ossai, Carter, Sample, Murphy.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 10:26 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been waiting all off-season to hear this one. Zach Carter up to 310 from 290 in 2022. I'm hoping some of these mid/late round defensive linemen they keep drafting develop.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/

This has me excited. If Carter can grow into a stud pass rushing 3-tech it might help the Defense more than anything.

He is putting in the work clearly. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn that is impressive.

I expect Tufele and Sample to put up a fight for playing time too. I'd think Sample has an advantage being a tweener capable of playing DT and DE in pass rushing situations.

I'd be pretty excited TBH about a pass rushing package with Ossai, Carter, Sample, Murphy.

Sample has the reserve tweener rusher/inside guy role prettt locked for now I’d assume. Carter adding weight and 20 lbs at that is impressive at his age. He’s making a real effort to crack our rotation permanently and it looks like he’s got solid info that he’ll backup Reader so looks like he’s trying to scratch for PT there so good luck to him. Reader is bound to get injured and needs rest in games anyway so him assuming that role helps us and him out.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2023, 05:13 PM)Housh Wrote: Sample has the reserve tweener rusher/inside guy role prettt locked for now I’d assume. Carter adding weight and 20 lbs at that is impressive at his age. He’s making a real effort to crack our rotation permanently and it looks like he’s got solid info that he’ll backup Reader so looks like he’s trying to scratch for PT there so good luck to him. Reader is bound to get injured and needs rest in games anyway so him assuming that role helps us and him out.

Carter backs up BJ Hill at 3-tech, not Reader the NT...

Tufele and Tupou back up Reader.
Reply/Quote