Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is coming...
(10-26-2023, 09:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We just making a ton of these threads for anyone on the 3rd string now?

Yes - get on board. 

I'm going to make one for Cody Ford next. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No way. He is too big. Prototype 4-3 DE. Will be playing DE. Sample and Carter/Tufele taking turns breaking out Reader and Hill in pass rushing situations. Murphy and Ossai breaking out Hendrickson and Hubbard. Gonna be a vicious D. I'd say the opponents better hold on to their butts. Just waves of backfield penetration coming their way. Throw in Hill and Hilton coming quick off the edge. It's gonna be sick.

I admire your enthusiasm...have you seen anything from  Murphy, Carter, Tufele or Ossai this yr?  I do like what they are doing with Hill this yr. 
thats been a pleasant surprise but we need these DL backups to step it up. Carter was being touted all preseason as  guy who had added 10lbs and was ready to take it to next level and so far  its been meh, and Ossai still looks like maybe 60 to 80% from last yr out there. All said: Im in Murphys corner to show us on Sunday why he went so high and not because of his RAS score. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We just making a ton of these threads for anyone on the 3rd string now?

As long as there's no "Jake Browing is coming" threads, I think we're fine. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Who?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It seems like we demand success in terms of superbowls or at-worst deep playoff runs, but then also shame the team when their late first round pick can't perform like a top 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 01:38 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It seems like we demand success in terms of superbowls or at-worst deep playoff runs, but then also shame the team when their late first round pick can't perform like a top 5.

If you think that is bad, you should likely avoid this thread  Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (thebengalsboard.com)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 01:38 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It seems like we demand success in terms of superbowls or at-worst deep playoff runs, but then also shame the team when their late first round pick can't perform like a top 5.

Well yea, because the expectation is on the cusp of a Super Bowl, so every early draft pick (and esp. 1st rounder) should be someone who can contribute immediately to get the Bengals to the promised land.

Isn't that obvious?

Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well yea, because the expectation is on the cusp of a Super Bowl, so every early draft pick (and esp. 1st rounder) should be someone who can contribute immediately to get the Bengals to the promised land.

Isn't that obvious?

Smirk

I know you are being facetious, but Murphy was different. He is a raw prospect that we hope can become great one day. Not one of 
those immediate impact 1st rounders. He was always going to be a project pretty much, any positives from him as a rookie are gravy 
honestly. Happy we have seen some very good things from DJ Turner, Jordan Battle, Charlie Jones and Iosivas.

That is pretty good honestly in a single Draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you are being facetious, but Murphy was different. He is a raw prospect that we hope can become great one day. Not one of 
those immediate impact 1st rounders. He was always going to be a project pretty much, any positives from him as a rookie are gravy 
honestly. Happy we have seen some very good things from DJ Turner, Jordan Battle, Charlie Jones and Iosivas.

That is pretty good honestly in a single Draft.

How much better may it have been if Laporta or Mayer was taken instead of Murphy?

While Mayer wasn't getting much at all the first month, he's averaging 42 yards per game these past three. And that's with Adams, Meyers, Jacobs, Hooper, and Renfrow taking targets too.
LaPorta is a stud who is already at 377 yards with DET. On pace for a Top 5 TE campaign and around 900 yards.

I like Murphy as a long-term prospect but I wouldn't have gone with an unpolished DL over someone who I thought could have become an immediate quality contributor since the team now will have to worry about the cap with a veteran QB contract on the books and about to have two of its top 3 pass catchers about to hit FA.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How much better may it have been if Laporta or Mayer was taken instead of Murphy?

While Mayer wasn't getting much at all the first month, he's averaging 42 yards per game these past three.
LaPorta is a stud who is already at 377 yards with DET. On pace for a Top 5 TE campaign and around 900 yards.

I like Murphy as a long-term prospect but I wouldn't have gone with an unpolished DL over someone who I thought could have become an immediate quality contributor since the team now will have to worry about the cap with a veteran QB contract on the books and about to have two of its top 3 pass catchers about to hit FA.

Completely agree, looking back I would of taken LaPorta hands down as he is looking great with the Lions. Who knows if he 
would of looked as good here but he would of been more impactful for us then Murphy pretty damn sure this year. I also like
Murphy as a long term prospect though, we just have to hope he becomes that great DL for us in the future.

He is a great athlete with good strength. If he can gain some moves and play in the A-B gaps at times in passing situations,
Murphy could start looking good this season, sure hope so as he would be ahead of schedule. Next year was when I really 
expected to see him flash, if he does this year, even better.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, looking back I would of taken LaPorta hands down as he is looking great with the Lions. Who knows if he 
would of looked as good here but he would of been more impactful for us then Murphy pretty damn sure this year. I also like
Murphy as a long term prospect though, we just have to hope he becomes that great DL for us in the future.

He is a great athlete with good strength. If he can gain some moves and play in the A-B gaps at times in passing situations,
Murphy could start looking good this season, sure hope so as he would be ahead of schedule. Next year was when I really 
expected to see him flash, if he does this year, even better.

While I do think Murphy has a great ceiling, I think we could see an early production trajectory to be like Derek Barnett.
Barnett had 21.5 sacks during his rookie contract, which is just meh given his 1st round draft status and being across 5 years.
No season more than 6.5 sacks.

If Murphy ends up only having around that many sacks (or even less) by the time his rookie contract is up, I think there will be a lot of regrets they didn't get someone who could get much more production out of on the cheap rookie deal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 07:44 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If you would have stopped at grabbing yours, no one would have complained.

[Image: R.7899df09e315bcf1d6fe6cac68c81868?rik=q...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You don't have a butt anymore at your age... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I've been told that. It's like, Hey, HD, where's your ass?

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've been told that. It's like, Hey, HD, where's your ass?

[Image: 200.gif]

Need to put some water bags in your pants, like on the "diminished glutes" episode of King of the Hill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Need to put some water bags in your pants, like on the "diminished glutes" episode of King of the Hill.

When my ass looks like a camel toe, I'm in trouble.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How much better may it have been if Laporta or Mayer was taken instead of Murphy?

While Mayer wasn't getting much at all the first month, he's averaging 42 yards per game these past three. And that's with Adams, Meyers, Jacobs, Hooper, and Renfrow taking targets too.

Dj Turner was our 2nd rd. pick and he's been a stud. At some point one of your three CB's will get hurt which has already happened with Awuzie.  If we didn't draft Turner we'd have Jalen Davis starting. CB's are more valuable in a passing league and stacked AFC. We could barley pressure a hobbled Mahomes in the playoffs. I think Murphy was drafted to help now with the rotation as well as long term. Hubbard and Hendrickson play to many snaps by the end of the year if Murphy is getting quality reps to keep those guys fresh its a win. Outside of TE and LG no one we drafted would start on this team which is a good thing because its means you have a good roster. Far as TE goes I'd put it at the bottom of the list of our problems on offense even tho I think its an area of concern. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think this is the year Billy Price pulls it all together
Reply/Quote
It would be an excellent time to see Murphy get some positive plays going forward into this season,as the second half the schedule is brutal.We’ll need everyone at 100%.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 04:33 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: Honestly I think this is the year Billy Price pulls it all together

It's pretty sad I was excited for Price when we drafted him too lol. We had such bad center play, so I thought he would be a big upgrade. SMH that period of time we did so bad at drafting OL.
Reply/Quote