Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles who?
Not sure we need to pile on the OP. We're all fans of the same team right. Well maybe not now that it's been moved to Smack Talk. But regardless , sometimes people make comments that they regret. Doesn't mean he should be ridiculed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:33 AM)pally Wrote: Garrett had 4 solo tackles,  2 assisted tackle,  2 sacks,  2 passes defended  and that is just the on-paper stats

[Image: 7454ur.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now if you would have said we shut Chubb down.
Reply/Quote
[Image: slap-the-head-oh-no.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: slap-the-head-oh-no.gif]
OP here: you can put me down all you want for hastily posting that before reading the stat sheet.....but not because I may have missed some plays due to on and off family obligations. I watched the most of the game but obviously missed some things. MY BAD! 
I was wrong...I was surprised to see what Garret did, 2 sacks TFLs, wtf?  I cant believe I missed those plays. !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:11 AM)kalibengal Wrote: OP here: you can put me down all you want for hastily posting that before reading the stat sheet.....but not because I may have missed some plays due to on and off family obligations. I watched the most of the game but obviously missed some things. MY BAD! 
I was wrong...I was surprised to see what Garret did, 2 sacks TFLs, wtf?  I cant believe I missed those plays. !

Just goofing around friend, it’s no big deal.
Reply/Quote
There were only 2 sacks in the game. One was the Chase bizarro play and one was Burrow holding it too long waiting for a play to unfold. Did Garrett disrupt things? Not that much and certainly not as much as we've gotten used to. Just like the D did not let Chubb take over they did not let Garrett take over.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 06:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: There were only 2 sacks in the game. One was the Chase bizarro play and one was Burrow holding it too long waiting for a play to unfold. Did Garrett disrupt things? Not that much and certainly not as much as we've gotten used to. Just like the D did not let Chubb take over they did not let Garrett take over.

thx, thats likely why I posted this.
On to TAMPA BAY! 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:11 AM)kalibengal Wrote: OP here: you can put me down all you want for hastily posting that before reading the stat sheet.....but not because I may have missed some plays due to on and off family obligations. I watched the most of the game but obviously missed some things. MY BAD! 

People would not have even given you that hard of time had you just posted it in another thread.

The fact that you actually made a thread about it means (to most) you were pretty confident in that statement.

That's what puts it in derp country.

Now go make some sammiches.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 06:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: There were only 2 sacks in the game. One was the Chase bizarro play and one was Burrow holding it too long waiting for a play to unfold. Did Garrett disrupt things? Not that much and certainly not as much as we've gotten used to. Just like the D did not let Chubb take over they did not let Garrett take over.

wow

guy was eating Jonah's lunch all day. Burrow was on his A+ game, and so was play calling

Clowney was schooling LC for that matter as well
Reply/Quote
Again I'll say why are we piling on the OP? He is a Bengal fan like the rest of us. Maybe he made a mistake with his post. Does he deserve getting raked over the coals? Lighten up people.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wow

guy was eating Jonah's lunch all day. Burrow was on his A+ game, and so was play calling

Clowney was schooling LC for that matter as well

True, but it wasn't near the domination we saw on Halloween.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: True, but it wasn't near the domination we saw on Halloween.

It was better than halloween for sure. There were at least 2 and possibly 3 sacks that got wiped out due to penalty. Burrow played a much better game and completed passes downfield that they didn't the first time and Mixon had some nice runs to keep them going. 

The biggest thing was they shut Chubb down and didn't let Watson stand in the pocket all day long and throw for 300+.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was better than halloween for sure. There were at least 2 and possibly 3 sacks that got wiped out due to penalty. Burrow played a much better game and completed passes downfield that they didn't the first time and Mixon had some nice runs to keep them going. 

The biggest thing was they shut Chubb down and didn't let Watson stand in the pocket all day long and throw for 300+.

Without a doubt. Even though it was a slow start, the defense held tough and made Cleveland have an even worse start offensively. Building a lead from there paid huge dividends. We've literally played right into their hands the last few games before Sunday. Getting down early is not a recipe for success against the Brownies.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: True, but it wasn't near the domination we saw on Halloween.

(12-14-2022, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was better than halloween for sure. There were at least 2 and possibly 3 sacks that got wiped out due to penalty. Burrow played a much better game and completed passes downfield that they didn't the first time and Mixon had some nice runs to keep them going. 

the biggest difference was the run game was actually effective this time around. Of course chase made a difference, and burrow's improving quick pass ability helped, but Mixon and Perine averaging over 5ypc is what helped the offense the most
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:26 AM)kalibengal Wrote: What was so awsome yesterday was the fact I did not hear Garrets name once...it was more of a game for Clowney. Jonah did some studying and must have had some chip help form our TEs and RBs. Lets keep up the momentum next week VS a very pissed off TB12! and make him regret "unretiring " after 1 month.

[Image: talladega-nights.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the biggest difference was the run game was actually effective this time around. Of course chase made a difference, and burrow's improving quick pass ability helped, but Mixon and Perine averaging over 5ypc is what helped the offense the most

For the offense, I agree. However, IMO, the biggest difference was DJ Reader and Josh Tupou to spell him.

Reply/Quote
We scored 23 and had Burrow not been uncharacteristically inaccurate early in the game we easily get 10-14 more. We also ran for 5.1 YPC and 136 rush yards. BTW one sack got penaltied away, one was Chase on that weird end around and one was Burrow flat out waiting too long to throw. And all this with no Boyd, Higgins or Hurst which let the Stains play up a lot more and made the blocking job rather more difficult.

Garrett ate like he always will, but unlike the prior games this time he did not disrupt the flow of the offense.
Reply/Quote