Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE Columnist.. "Classless Bengals No Match for Patriot Way"
(10-17-2016, 12:33 PM)jason Wrote: I've seen people laugh after a funeral. So it's certainly OK to laugh after a football game. If something's funny laugh at it. It doesn't mean they don't care. Wasn't there a thread meant to talk us off the ledge last week entitled "It's Just a Game"?

Yes, but the funeral is typically held a few days after the person has died.  You share funny stories an anecdotes, it leads to laughter.  I've never seen anyone laughing at the hospital as the body is being taken out.
Reply/Quote
True
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There's some truth to that article. Teams are a reflection of their management and head coach.

The Bengals got some players at a discount from other teams and it has definately impacted the overall discipline of the team. The Patriouts have a strong organizational structure that can bring these wayward players in and straighten them out. The Bengals...don't.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's some truth to that article. Teams are a reflection of their management and head coach.

The Bengals got some players at a discount from other teams and it has definately impacted the overall discipline of the team. The Patriouts have a strong organizational structure that can bring these wayward players in and straighten them out. The Bengals...don't.
Tell that to the guy who sold Aaron Hernandez weed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yes, but the funeral is typically held a few days after the person has died.  You share funny stories an anecdotes, it leads to laughter.  I've never seen anyone laughing at the hospital as the body is being taken out.
Yes but...

This story was meant to frame the whole game as an example if good vs evil. The Patriot way (which is a ***** joke) vs the thuged out Bengals. It's just fluff to excite and enrage fanboys. Players laugh before, during, and after every game... Win or lose. It's just dumb to get worked up about it. We all saw Pacman cry after the playoff debacle last year. Do you think he doesn't care? I don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:11 AM)Roland Wrote: BS.  Brady pumped right at Bennett. Burfict and Jones came up to make a play.  Brady then threw it over Bennett's head to Amendola but since even Vontez Burfict can't defy the laws of physics he still hit Bennett in the leg.

"Waah! Those dirty Bengals bumped into our player!" 

Even Dan Fouts who would never give the Bengals the benefit of the doubt if it could possibly spin it to a negative said that Burfict was falling as he hit Bennett.

That's exactly what happened, just because it's Burfict do they even mention as dirty.  2 Bengal players going after Bennett.  Both thought the pass was heading in his direction and were pursuing the tackle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:33 PM)jason Wrote: I've seen people laugh after a funeral. So it's certainly OK to laugh after a football game. If something's funny laugh at it. It doesn't mean they don't care. Wasn't there a thread meant to talk us off the ledge last week entitled "It's Just a Game"?

So...  is this guy who wrote this article really trying to say that Adam Jones does not care?

Wow.

Adam Jones probably cares more than anyone in the NFL.  The epitome of competitive nature.

He must not crawl out from his rock often.

WTF

Now if he wanted to mention "giggles" and his demeanor now that's a different story.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
not going to read the article, but our guys did look classless out there and like a group of whiny thugs that would rather flale and act like they care then put in the work all week which is what someone does if they truly want to win. Not just show a bunch of unbridled emotion after they lose and blow the game with penalties. The Bengals haven't learned anything about self control since that ugly playoff loss and you will see the meltdowns continue. I follow Tez on instagram and he posted a story video earlier in the week stating he didn't want to be a practice. Panned the camera over to Dre who was zoned out sitting at his locker and Dre agreed he didn't want to be practicing either. Real winners. You'd never see Patriots or Steelers leaders going thru the motions like that. Let alone posting it online. All losers. From Marvin down. I will still root and watch the team, just same old same old around the jungle.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:09 PM)BigSmerk Wrote: not going to read the article, but our guys did look classless out there and like a group of whiny thugs that would rather flale and act like they care then put in the work all week which is what someone does if they truly want to win.  Not just show a bunch of unbridled emotion after they lose and blow the game with penalties.  The Bengals haven't learned anything about self control since that ugly playoff loss and you will see the meltdowns continue.  I follow Tez on instagram and he posted a story video earlier in the week stating he didn't want to be a practice.  Panned the camera over to Dre who was zoned out sitting at his locker and Dre agreed he didn't want to be practicing either.  Real winners.  You'd never see Patriots or Steelers leaders going thru the motions like that.  Let alone posting it online.  All losers.  From Marvin down.  I will still root and watch the team, just same old same old around the jungle.

Nah, that was Blount and Gronk.  You know, the ones who were actually flagged for personal fouls.  Cool story though.
Reply/Quote
Is AJ Green our MJ, Lebron, Kobe, etc?

If nobody takes the game more seriously than just a game and avenue to make money, we aren't going to win a playoff game or a superbowl. You need someone crazy about winning and has the talent to match it.

I wish that was Andy Dalton, I wish he would go against the coach's call when he thinks it's obviously wrong. Andy and AJ are in their prime. Nobody is going to fire, bench or fine Andy or AJ for speaking out if their coach's purely stink. The coach will get cut! **** their "working relationship", it doesn't work. Look at the product on the field. Fix it.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:12 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Nah, that was Blount and Gronk.  You know, the ones who were actually flagged for personal fouls.  Cool story though.

oh, the guys that have won super-bowls?  Yeah, they were egging on our known brats and our guys were doing their usual over-animated
 reactions after penalties that lost the game.  And Burfict will be fined or suspended for his attempt to hurt bennet.  
Reply/Quote
Its funny this gets brought up:

Then, in the locker room, after blowing leads of 7-3 and 14-10, there was laughing and giggling and joking in the vicinity of Jones and Kirkpatrick. Finding new ways to lose in Cincinnati must really be entertaining and hilarious.

My wife and her dad were at the Dallas game and said they saw Burfict and Pacman joking around and laughing on the bench in the 4th quarter. He was pissed as all hell when he saw those two players joking in the middle of a game they are getting blown out in.

The more I read this kind of crap the more I want Marvin fired.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:52 PM)BigSmerk Wrote: oh, the guys that have won super-bowls?  Yeah, they were egging on our known brats and our guys were doing their usual over-animated
 reactions after penalties that lost the game.  And Burfict will be fined or suspended for his attempt to hurt bennet.  

So because the have SB rings they shouldn't be flagged for taunting our guys right in their face?  Please get real.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Take that story behind the barn and shoot it. It sucks.

This is THE REAL DEAL.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:14 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So because the have SB rings they shouldn't be flagged for taunting our guys right in their face?  Please get real.

Wipe that smerk off his face Jumbo, thats right.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:15 PM)jason Wrote: It's funny that a beat writer for a team who has employed two players (Stallworth and Hernandez) who have directly ended people's lives is calling us "classless".

Self awareness at its finest.
Not to mention, you know...all the cheating. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:25 PM)Allreuben.ahmed Wrote: Is AJ Green our MJ, Lebron, Kobe, etc?

If nobody takes the game more seriously than just a game and avenue to make money, we aren't going to win a playoff game or a superbowl. You need someone crazy about winning and has the talent to match it.

I wish that was Andy Dalton, I wish he would go against the coach's call when he thinks it's obviously wrong. Andy and AJ are in their prime. Nobody is going to fire, bench or fine Andy or AJ for speaking out if their coach's purely stink. The coach will get cut! **** their "working relationship", it doesn't work. Look at the product on the field. Fix it.

That's not the identity of this team. After the fiascos with Chris Henry and Odell Thurman, the Bengals started building with quiet high character types. Whitworth, Leon, Peko, Geno, Dunlap, MJ, Gio, Green, Andy, MLJ, Sanu, Boyd, etc etc. All guys that aren't likely to bad mouth the organization, but also unlikely to give fiery speeches either.

Besides, even if someone like Andy were to take a "it's Marv or me" stand, whose side do you think Mike Brown would take? Yeah...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We won't win a superbowl with Andy acting like that. They're waiting to be punished. Zero accountability. Clocking in, clocking out, gimmie that paycheck. Comon Dalton. Sometimes it takes a while for people to realize you don't have to be friends with those you work with, and you can still be mean and be friends.

If that nice PC Andy shown in interviews is how he is in the locker room (which we can assume is still the same Dalton), we won't win. Can we please see this guy get pissed off?

The one time he got pushed back (didn't fall) and almost got sacked in the endzone in Dallas, he got mad. He got up, threw the ball done and looked at the sideline. He was either getting mad at the ref, or the Bengals coaches. Dude snapped the ball and dallas was on him immediately. He needs to look at his teammates.

That was what I loved about Carson Palmer:  If he was mad at a player you knew it.  I remember him chewing out Chad Johnson and the entire offensive line on the sideline and the players responded.  Andy Dalton isn't "that guy" who goes off on teammates -- but I wish he was.  The offensive line is going to get Andy flattened unless they start using proper technique.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Nobody has an issue with the fact he made contact.  The issue is he dove at the guy's knee for no reason.  If he was playing through the play, the logical play would have been to wrap up from behind and try to rake the ball out and force an incompletion.  

Seriously, you are just a hater or blind.

How do you rap someone up from behind when in fact the player is in front of you and another player Jones is behind him.

Simple as was said by others and even Fouts confirmed, Brady faked to Bennett causing Jones and Burfict to react, one went high (Jones) amd one went low (Burfict) which is text book tackling on a double team. It is obvious with anyone with common sense both Bengals defender thought Brady threw to Bennett versus behind the, to Danny. A.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was what I loved about Carson Palmer:  If he was mad at a player you knew it.  I remember him chewing out Chad Johnson and the entire offensive line on the sideline and the players responded.  Andy Dalton isn't "that guy" who goes off on teammates -- but I wish he was.  The offensive line is going to get Andy flattened unless they start using proper technique.

I've heard people say the exact opposite about these two guys, so who knows.
Reply/Quote