Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE Columnist.. "Classless Bengals No Match for Patriot Way"
(10-17-2016, 01:10 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What the hell was Burfict trying to do though? Seriously, why the hell did he do what he did? Granted, he didn't make any contact with Bennett, but he did dive in the direction of his knees. Was Burfict "baited"?

Kinda looked like he was doing his Kimo Von Oelhoffen impression.
Reply/Quote
The most worrying thing for me about Burfict is he lacks professional work ethic to reach his true potential. Dude is overweight and its affecting his play. I don't care if youre hurt in the offseason. Eat right and keep in shape. Dude has the potential to be a HOF LB and he's wasting a lot of it with on and off field lack of discipline.
Reply/Quote
Rant

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty damning article. Convinces me Marvin is a problem. I would address it in a team meeting Monday AM first thing by simply saying, " Those of you who are joking and having a good time after a tough loss obviously aren't here to accomplish the same things the rest of your teammates are. From here on when I see guys not acting like professionals and winners you can expect a trip to my office where you will be invited to clean your locker out and play elsewhere. I don't care who you are or how much goddamn money you make, if I don't think you want to win I'm not going to let you hold back the guys that do." I've had it personally with Jones. I don't think he's a good influence as a veteran player, all his obvious talents aside
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:09 PM)BigSmerk Wrote: not going to read the article, but our guys did look classless out there and like a group of whiny thugs that would rather flale and act like they care then put in the work all week which is what someone does if they truly want to win. Not just show a bunch of unbridled emotion after they lose and blow the game with penalties. The Bengals haven't learned anything about self control since that ugly playoff loss and you will see the meltdowns continue. I follow Tez on instagram and he posted a story video earlier in the week stating he didn't want to be a practice. Panned the camera over to Dre who was zoned out sitting at his locker and Dre agreed he didn't want to be practicing either. Real winners. You'd never see Patriots or Steelers leaders going thru the motions like that. Let alone posting it online. All losers. From Marvin down. I will still root and watch the team, just same old same old around the jungle.

Hmmmm, you just registered on this site and it's your 2nd post. I wonder how many patriot fans are pretending to be Bengals fans right now
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously, you are just a hater or blind.

How do you rap someone up from behind when in fact the player is in front of you and another player Jones is behind him.

Simple as was said by others and even Fouts confirmed, Brady faked to Bennett causing Jones and Burfict to react, one went high (Jones) amd one went low (Burfict) which is text book tackling on a double team. It is obvious with anyone with common sense both Bengals defender thought Brady threw to Bennett versus behind the, to Danny. A.

Jones was to the side, first of all.  Secondly, down multiple scores late, situational football dictates that the first player in, whether it's Jones or Burfict, wraps up the receiver while the second tries to force the ball out.  He can't wrap up or strip the ball on the ground.  There's no logical reason to go low there.

Second, all the rationalization to justify Burfict hitting him low is completely nullified by the fact that Burfict said hitting him in the knee was an accident.  Per Burfict, he didn't go low because of double team tackling protocol , some stuff he said before the season, or trying to avoid a h2h penalty.  It was just an accident.   Even the people defending him can't look at the video and say it was an accident.  Furthermore, if it was a clean play, Burfict would not have felt the need to approach Bennett after the game and try to convince him it was an accident.

I try to give our guys the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, but Burfict has done too much during his time here to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially when he claims it's just an accident.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:14 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So because the have SB rings they shouldn't be flagged for taunting our guys right in their face?  Please get real.

my post wasn't about just the extra curriculars after plays.  And gronk shouldn't of gotten a flag for talking shit.  that should be allowed.  My post had more to do with why they don't win as a whole.  You then pointed specifically to Gronk and Blount being dirty and I am pointing out that at the end of the day, they are winners and the bengals are not.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:26 PM)BigSmerk Wrote: my post wasn't about just the extra curriculars after plays.  And gronk shouldn't of gotten a flag for talking shit.  that should be allowed.  My post had more to do with why they don't win as a whole.  You then pointed specifically to Gronk and Blount being dirty and I am pointing out that at the end of the day, they are winners and the bengals are not.  

This section is for bengals fans, not patriot trolls. Move along
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:31 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/mike-petraglia/2016/10/16/classless-bengals-no-match-patriot-way-cin

Nervous

Not even going to read it because I already took a shit this AM.  However, I will offer that his so-called "Patriot Way" has been greatly influenced by taking classless dirtbags from other teams (Corey Dillon, Aqib Talib, Randy Moss) under the heading of "the patriot way" and got away with it because they win.  Ditto the Hernandez murders.  That Tebow signing was all about reigning in Hernandez...too late.

They have played in the most ridiculously weak conference perhaps ever in NFL history.  Three teams that have sucked for a decade...some more than that.  Six wins falling out of bed.  Gee, that's impressive.  How would they fare in the AFC North where QBs actually get hit?  The answer is not very well. 

As far as integrity goes, here is a team that has been found guilty at Spygate (and Roger Goodell DESTROYED THE EVIDENCE "to protect the league"...from what?  The truth?) and deflategate.  There his star QB destroyed his own phone to hide the evidence.  And their coach, who is a phenomenal coach, is a scumbag of a human being...look no further than his own actions with someone else's wife.  But, hey, they win...so let's polish a turd and call it the "patriot way".  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jones was to the side, first of all.  Secondly, down multiple scores late, situational football dictates that the first player in, whether it's Jones or Burfict, wraps up the receiver while the second tries to force the ball out.  He can't wrap up or strip the ball on the ground.  There's no logical reason to go low there.

Second, all the rationalization to justify Burfict hitting him low is completely nullified by the fact that Burfict said hitting him in the knee was an accident.  Per Burfict, he didn't go low because of double team tackling protocol , some stuff he said before the season, or trying to avoid a h2h penalty.  It was just an accident.   Even the people defending him can't look at the video and say it was an accident.  Furthermore, if it was a clean play, Burfict would not have felt the need to approach Bennett after the game and try to convince him it was an accident.

I try to give our guys the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, but Burfict has done too much during his time here to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially when he claims it's just an accident.

It wasn't after the game, it was immediately after the play.  Did you not watch the entire video, or did you just watch the cropped version?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:31 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/mike-petraglia/2016/10/16/classless-bengals-no-match-patriot-way-cin

Nervous

I would point out to him that it was the Patriots players who got flagged for Unsportsman Like conduct  and not the Bengals.  .....Now the Patriots are a good team, no doubt about it.........but the refs were calling this on Patriots players, not the Bengals.....It was the Patriots playing dirty football according to the refs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So "classy" is someone who employed a convicted murderer, guys who smoke pot with their teammates, gouge people eyes out, taunt an injured player, and deflate footballs?

Wow, I have to tell my son everything I've taught him about being a classy person is wrong!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:26 PM)BigSmerk Wrote: my post wasn't about just the extra curriculars after plays.  And gronk shouldn't of gotten a flag for talking shit.  that should be allowed.  My post had more to do with why they don't win as a whole.  You then pointed specifically to Gronk and Blount being dirty and I am pointing out that at the end of the day, they are winners and the bengals are not.  

So it's ok to be dirty as long as you win...?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So it's ok to be dirty as long as you win...?

Don't waste your time with this guy, he's been found out to be a Patriots troll.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've heard people say the exact opposite about these two guys, so who knows.

The QB you like is fiery and a leader. The QB you don't like keeps to himself and isn't a real leader.

That's how it works in the NFL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So "classy" is someone who employed a convicted murderer, guys who smoke pot with their teammates, gouge people eyes out, taunt an injured player, and deflate footballs?

Wow, I have to tell my son everything I've taught him about being a classy person is wrong!

Don't forget spygate!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And there's a reason Mike Tomlin won't talk about game strategy in the visitors locker room in Foxboro.... the Patriots win loss record at home is suspect to say the least. It's something in the neighborhood of 126-18. Just doesn't happen without something else going on.....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And there's a reason Mike Tomlin won't talk about game strategy in the visitors locker room in Foxboro.... the Patriots win loss record at home is suspect to say the least. It's something in the neighborhood of 126-18. Just doesn't happen without something else going on.....

I agree they are shady, but the record overall is amazing.  I just looked and over the last 15 years, not including the playoffs, they are 187-59.  A winning percentage of .760
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So "classy" is someone who employed a convicted murderer, guys who smoke pot with their teammates, gouge people eyes out, taunt an injured player, and deflate footballs?

The Patriots actually have had two murderers on payroll in the last dozen years or so. Hernandez and Stallworth. Killed a person with his car.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:07 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Don't waste your time with this guy, he's been found out to be a Patriots troll.

it is better than being dirty and losing.  Not a patriot's troll.  Don't flatter yourselves, no fans of a dynasty would come seek out a bengals forum and talk trash.  Grew up in West Chester and currently live in Cali.  I have casually checked out these boards since they started but felt compelled to start an account when I saw Tez post a video about how he and dre didn't want to practice leading up to the Patriots week.  It took a day or so to get my account cleared and then I didn't feel like bothering much with it anymore.  But now I have the ability to chime in and will.  I am a Bengals fan, just think there are some problems with the franchise that stem from the top down.  
Reply/Quote